• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

anti map hack system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
i know theres a bunch of them but anyone here knows a good one?

can someone explain the corrupted model method? thx

Last edited:
Level 6
ermm...by map hack i mean the software that allows people to see everything even if the fog of war is on

Level 13
Provided that there is a place on your map for a "evil unit", this trigger could work.
But if there is any unit w/ far sight or something that would reveal a location this is a no go.

• Seeing
    • Events
      • Time - Every 5.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (AntiMH 0001 <gen> is visible to Player 1-12) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Game - Defeat Player 1-12 with the message: Stop Hacking :P
        • Else - Actions

Level 20
Provided that there is a place on your map for a "evil unit", this trigger could work.
But if there is any unit w/ far sight or something that would reveal a location this is a no go.

• Seeing
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
        • Else - Actions

Every 5.00 seconds is slow. Too slow. Use 0.03 seconds instead; that's the minimum wait for a singleplayer map.

Level 31
That IsUnitVisible won't work, lol. Even with maphack, the IsUnitVisible will return false.

It'll only be visible if the player is legitly seeing the unit.

If a player selects or targets an invisible units (they can't click it, uh oh), then they must be hacking. However, if a native is used, like SelectUnit, then they aren't. You have to detect when the player is actually messing with the unit.

This will allow players to still target units with aoe spells. Furthermore, players will still see what other players are doing. However, players will no longer be able to use like a hero killer move on a target unit =).

Level 6

• Seeing
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
        • Else - Actions

dont think that would work, with mh you can see but warcraft 3 has no way to know that

Level 6
That IsUnitVisible won't work, lol. Even with maphack, the IsUnitVisible will return false.

It'll only be visible if the player is legitly seeing the unit.

If a player selects or targets an invisible units (they can't click it, uh oh), then they must be hacking. However, if a native is used, like SelectUnit, then they aren't. You have to detect when the player is actually messing with the unit.

This will allow players to still target units with aoe spells. Furthermore, players will still see what other players are doing. However, players will no longer be able to use like a hero killer move on a target unit =).

i dont get what you are saying, what are you proposing?

"What i have heard what works as well is a corrupted model given to an invisible unit. When you maphack and reveal all invisible units, including the one with a corrupted model, your game is going to crash because of the improper file"

i guess im going to try this, just need to find a corrupted model tho

problem is that they could just turn off the see invis option and try again

Level 13
My trig was just general, if you want to actually work you have to do each player in its own ITE ofc.

I tested with iseedeadpeople but that's probably not EXACTLY how real MH's works. Was just a useless suggestion :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.