• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map Hack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Honestly, stopp ing map hacks is pointless as it ups the map processor requirements by double or more for people who would never dream of using a map hack. The best thing to do is simply kick map hackers from your games as they are easy to detect as they will tend to ambush you or know when you are weak.

If your map is good, hardly everyone would ever dream of map hacking. If your map sucks however, that can encorage the use of map hacks.

Level 9
Not true, some people just like to cheat no matter how good or bad something is.

There is no way to completely protect a map from map hackers, you reduce its efficiency, and JASS is limited in that it cant scan anything but warcraft 3 data.

Not much you can do... just accept the majority of players do not map hack, and get on with your life.. maybe banlist them.

Level 17
Oh cheaters. Why would someone need an anti-map hack system. It's people own choice to make wheter they cheat or not. Also there's reason why you can cheat. If some points of the map are just to hard, people will cheat and there after disable the cheat, I don't see why this is wrong? Anti-map hack systems are useless if you ask me.

Level 9
Because the player who cheated once, will cheat always.
And yea, of course all can choose, to cheat or not to cheat. But why should other players suffer from that cheaters?
Points of the map are just to hard? They're hard for all. The more features the map have, the more harder it is.
Cheats breaks all the game and balance.
It's really boring to play either vs cheaters or as cheater.
I can't understand ppl who use MH.

The bad thing is that AMHS triggers makes map heavy and laggy as Dr Super Good said.

"Honestly, stopp ing map hacks is pointless as it ups the map processor requirements by double or more for people who would never dream of using a map hack. The best thing to do is simply kick map hackers from your games as they are easy to detect as they will tend to ambush you or know when you are weak.

If your map is good, hardly everyone would ever dream of map hacking. If your map sucks however, that can encorage the use of map hacks."

That last part is saying, if you suck, its ok to kick someone who just happen to luckily attack you... when detecting a map hacker you should concider more than just one lucky break...
like if you clone, and 3/3 times he picks your right blademaster, almost instantly(before it does a crit) then ull know, unless he has an aura... Or if he follows you while ur invisible, but he still cant see you...
Or he strikes you from behind/when u dont expect, only to vanash as quickly as your men round the bin, where he still cant see them...
NOTE: theres still owles and other methods to see this though..

Ive played games, with quite a few lucky breaks b4... even the guy on a comp right behind me acused me of cheating, although he could/was watching my screen all game, and didnt see anything related to cheating, other than him :p

Status
Not open for further replies.