• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Another SC2 delay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Sc2 could go through another delay. Apparently, http://starcraft.incgamers.com/ reported that SC2 got an 18+ age rating in South Korea for “the game’s level of violence, foul language and depiction of drug use.” Blizzard was aiming for a 15+ rating. They have 30 days to appeal. Either they accept it and move on or they make changes to the game that would cause another delay.

My personal opinion is for them to just accept it. I think another delay would hurt them more than anything. A lot of young kids can get their hands on a game that "they're not old enough to play" anyway.

I hate bad news, but I just thought you fans might need to know this.

Last edited:
Level 5
Delay in Korea, maybe. But not everywhere else.

I'm currently in the beta. The game is very refined for the most part. The only problem is with the Zerg as their units haven't been as well integrated (who uses the infestor?). Zerg buildings also don't bleed. For Protoss, if you don't have enough pylons, the Terran computer will tell you that you need more supply depots. I think the content patch should address all that.

But the game is very well polished at this point.

There is about to be another beta ladder reset which is yet another "launch day test". Also, add the fact that the collector's edition has been unveiled which means they are gathering numbers now of how many to manufacture.

Starcraft 2 is still set to release very soon. Any problems with Korea will just delay the game in Korea. But Activision already told investors their expectations of the game in the financial quarter. I cannot imagine them delaying it. Especially with how polished Starcraft 2 already is.

Blizzard has also said they want to release the Galaxy editor early to have maps ready for when the game launches but said they may not have time. This tells me that the release date is pretty firm and is unlikely to budge.

Level 22
A blue post said their devs are working on the 'bleeding' and 'blue fire' effects, it was on their forums.

Z vs T uses mostly hydras and roaches yes.
'For Protoss, if you don't have enough pylons, the Terran computer will tell you that you need more supply depots' - ????? It's the protoss voice saying to construct pylons.

Level 5
A blue post said their devs are working on the 'bleeding' and 'blue fire' effects, it was on their forums.

Z vs T uses mostly hydras and roaches yes.
'For Protoss, if you don't have enough pylons, the Terran computer will tell you that you need more supply depots' - ????? It's the protoss voice saying to construct pylons.

Maybe I'm thinking of an earlier patch. Anyway, aside from Zerg needing some more diversity in playstyle, the game is good to go. Considering that this game will have two expansions, Blizzard probably feels they can clean up any stuff later.

I'm actually excited that Starcraft 2 will have two expansion packs instead of one. Imagine if Warcraft 3 had another expansion pack...

Level 11
IMO this is stupid. So now they want 18+ for this game, its not that violent. Its serious yes, specially for Korea, but this will make it even more serious. And more of older people will play the game, when its actually game for kids... I mean... its 12/14+ game...
Yes you can play it if you are 40. But I think they will do opposite of what they are planning to do. I think they are trying to do...

If they are trying to lower the level of addiction they are going to increase it instead this way.

Level 12
The problem is they want all the koreans to play, and they can't show it on TV if they can't legally play.

Status
Not open for further replies.