• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Another kind of World Editor lag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I've failed to find anything on this particular lag I'm expiriencing. I wonder if it happened to someone else.
I am talking classic editor (both unmodified 1.26 version and JNGP). It is not map specific (happens on an empty map).
It stops happening if I minimize the main window (with terrain) and work with object or script editors.
It lasts 5-10 seconds with random periodicity. Might be twice in a row, might work fine for a 1-2 minutes.
I tried changing visual settings to minimum with zero luck.
Don't remember when it first started, maybe 1-3 years ago.

Level 7
On the top tab, try going to Window (Ventana)--> and uncheck Brush List (Lista de pinceles)

-My editor is in Spanish hehe but that may be the problem.
1633213088920.png

Level 4
Thanks, but that only removes lag in object editor when creating unit or changing some texts, while I was talking about periodic lag in terrain editor, hence the name of the topic.

Level 4
No integrated GPU. I did migrated warcraft to an SSD half a year ago, but the problem had appeared earlier than that. You might be right about paging. There is usually 1/3 of free memory, but the data could have been paged in a moment when it wasn't the case. I will try to monitor that, thanks. Although if this is the case the issue should be more common since software consume more memory every passing year.

Status
Not open for further replies.