• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Another Hero Defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Defend The Hill - Hero Defense

Hero Defense! * Name not decided yet *

Some random Jibberish
As you might have seen on the title of the thread, im making a hero defense/ Enfo.
Now your question might be "why?" since there are like one million of them,
and many of them are quite boring.
My answear is, that i'm just training. I have made 4 maps, which of none have been finnished, and therefore not published
Instead i'd just like to post a quite simple map, with some funny stuff.

Story
Does it need one?

Gameplay
Basicly, your job is to prevent creeps from getting to the circle in the middle of map.
To do this, you have your hero. To your help, you got a bunch of items to buy and some abilities.

There are 3 lanes, and my plan is to have 2 players for each lane, so 6 players all in all.

Features Is it spelled like that?
Hopefully, a terrain better then most of the hero defenses.
Triggered spells that are MUI.
Around 60 items.
30 waves to start with.
12 unique heroes, and i'll try not to create the "wow concept".

Heroes

Captain - STR
Spells
Shield Rush - Active
The Captain rushes into the enemies with his shield a plow.

All units getting hit by the Captain get knocked back and stunned for X seconds. They also take damage Depending on STR of Captain.

Years of Battle - Passive
After years of wars, the Captain has learned the technics of the enemies and therefore can evade attack and cause critical hits.

X % evade and X % critical strike X times dmg.

Follow My Orders - Active
The captain let's out a shout of orders so powerfull, some enemies even will follow them.

Random units within X range will be alllied with Captain for X seconds.

Troops of the Dead
As the captain have fought many battle's, a great portion of his soldiers have died. By calling an ancient magic, ha can recall them for a short period to clear up what's yet to finnish.

Summons 2 skeleton archers, 1 skeleton mage and 1 skeleton warrior. Improves with levels.

Time Locker - INT
Spells
Freeze Time - Active
Freezes the time in x range around the Time Locker.

All unit's within this range get freezed, and enemy units under 15 % health get shattered.
Aura of Time - Passive
Slows the time for enemy monsters.

Slows down Attackspeed and Movementspeed by X %.

Rewind the Clock - Active

Rewinds the Universal clock, giving the Time Locker a X % chance to switch the enemy monsters with monsters from X levels before.

Bend time and space - Active
Makes the Time Locker enabled to walk through time and space to attack enemies, at a incredible speed.
The Time Locker Attacks X times at random units within X range."]

Progress...
Terrain - 80%
Heroes - 0%
Triggers - 0%
Items - 0%
Waves - 0%

Screenies
I didn't get it to work with hidden tags so... i'll attach em to the post until i know how to fix it.

Credits
Will soon be here xD

Ideas
If you got ideas that you think would improve this map, please post them in this thread. :)

Attachments

• Enfo Look A Like.jpg
    Enfo Look A Like.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Level 11
Im just like you... i have 5 maps that are unfinished ^^ and i doubt ill ever finish them... =( , but any way, u should probably have difficulty settings... ton of creep levels... maybe save/load if you want to make it that hardcore =P, some cool heroes with unique abilities, with good AOE abilities... and maybe some custom models to give it a good appearance :D hehe.

Level 5
I will add difficulty settings.
I might add more levels after the 30 im planning now, but first i'll need to fix them. Feels quite unrealistic to say that im planning 90 levels without having completed one.

Im not sure about the save/load, since the map itself is quite small, and it's a specific amount of waves.

Are you meaning that you should be able to continue on the same wave as you saved? and then, not everyone will be able to play since all have to be around the same level or higher then the one that saved, which will make it unbalanced if a lvl 90 plays on wave 3. Boring for all players

Anyway, thx for suggestions :)

Level 11
lol ya nvm, that was a pretty bad idea of mine unless your gonna play with a lot of people that are the same level as you... but then again it would be cool if there were a ton of levels and u get to progress through em after a long period of time... it might be a great idea now that i think about it :D hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.