• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Annoying Double Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I'm using Newgen WE.

This glitch appeared with the last version of my maps release, but I actually fixed it by unchecking 'debug mode' under Jasshelper. So I'm pretty sure my map's triggering has nothing to do with this. Sometime in the middle of the new version of the map I'm working on, the same bug appeared again, however debug had already been unchecked from my last encounter with it, so I have no clue what's wrong now.

Basically, anytime something on the map attacks something else, it's performing bonus damage before the attacks lands (like it's using the event 'a unit is attacked'), and when the attack hits the target, which is the actual damage the unit is dealing. I know it's dealing some crazy percentage of the actual damage done because every time I give damage items to my hero, the first attack also has an increase.

Below is an image of a test dummy target that shows the damage it takes. It's receiving damage in bursts of two as you can see by the tiny space in the middle. The second damage is the actual attack and the first is the damage before the attack lands that I'm trying to get rid of.
targetatt.png

Level 6
Nooooo, its your triggering lol.
You should make a variable for the damage that your dealing(which youve triggered/items or w.e) and then with the floating text make it only display the varialbe you have created.. which would be the damage increase from the items.

+you could add both sets of damage to the variable.

if you get my driftttttt

Level 13
Nooooo, its your triggering lol.
You should make a variable for the damage that your dealing(which youve triggered/items or w.e) and then with the floating text make it only display the varialbe you have created.. which would be the damage increase from the items.

+you could add both sets of damage to the variable.

if you get my driftttttt

no i have no clue what youre talking about. im trying to remove that first damage altogether, the target was just showing you what im talking about..

i also dont have the ability to post 500 triggers in this thread lol

Last edited:
Level 8
Dude, you have any trigger that uses "A unit is attacked" or something like that as an event? Maybe you mixed up something on that triggers (usually deleted some condition) so it will trigger at every attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.