• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Anime AoS/MOBA Project Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hello, I am looking for people to work with me on an ongoing project. I hope I may be able to interest you in signing up.
Jungle:
The idea for the jungle is to provide an area for people to go and continue farming in between creep waves. Some of these areas are positioned in a way to try and create early conflicts between players in their lanes. A few jungle units provide buffs (speed, mana, damage, health regeneration) for the person who picks it up. This provides further incentive for people to leave their lanes and enter the jungle. There are also two bosses. One provides gold and the other gives a buff that combines all of the other buffs into one. This buff can be stacked with one other jungle buff.

(This was influenced by Smite).

General Gameplay:
Non-instant spells will pause the caster. On most spells, if the unit is stunned it will end the spell.
Each spell will play a sound, some of these sounds can be heard through fog. This will give indicators to those in range of the spell.

Some spells involve a knockback or a dash and each of these will be cancelled upon hitting concrete(terrain I use to mark non-walkable areas). After hitting the concrete different things may occur based on what is coded (more stun time, damage, cancel the spell early, etc). Positioning yourself well around these concrete areas may play a key part in avoiding and decreasing damage for spells. If a spell is dragging you towards a position you can stop it by being knocked into concrete instead.

There is also spell collision. I still have to play test this mechanic in an actual game of players due to lag issues above a certain threshold. The basic idea is that some spells can have their damage decreased or be totally destroyed if a stronger force is aimed at the spell. This includes projectiles, dashes, and counters.

Note: I have faith that with 1.31 the spell collision system can be optimized even further and reduce the lag caused by it.

Roles I Would Like Filled:

Animator(s) - When I create heroes I try to create animations that go along with the spell. Since I am not skilled in animation I need someone to create these alongside me.

Modeler - I'm looking for someone to create character models for me at a reasonable speed and price.

Special Effect Creator - I'm looking for someone who has the ability to create special effects.

GUI Triggerer - I'm looking for someone who can Trigger in GUI. I dislike the current pace that I'm working at and would like to delegate some of the work. I will be asking that you show some of your work.

Here is an overview of the current terrain.

I plan to start with a version of 6 heroes to get a better idea of balancing and fine tuning gameplay (experience rates, gold, items, jungle, etc). Then once all of these are in a satisfactory state, I will continue updating it with new characters. The first version that I upload will release with 10 characters.

Systems: 95% I have at least one more system in mind but chances are they will increase in number as I develop more heroes.

Terrain: 100%

Items: 0%

Jungle: 100% I want to eventually go back and code the two jungle bosses and give them special abilities, but for now they're fine.

Units: 90% I think I might want to add a siege unit to attack towers which will create an urgency for players to be in their lanes.

Heroes:
Each hero has at least 5 spells. They also each start with 1 innate spell. The starting spell is usually a passive but may also be an active.

Deva Pain: 95%
Ichigo Kurosaki: 95%
Hakumen: 95%
Aizen: 70%
Emilia: 90%
Saber: 50%

In the end, most of the work left to do involves the Heroes. Once all of these are complete, then comes polishing and beautifying the map.

If you're interested in helping with the project by filling one of the roles then PM me on The Hive or post below.

I know it's premature but I've created a Discord for this map. If you're interested in following along, check it out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.