• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Animation Transfering Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi there, this is my first post on Hiveworkshop.com :ahug:

In my current situation, I have a melee unit which I plan to transfer rifleman animations to (in order to let him wield guns). My only problem is that I want him to be able to switch animation styles (Melee to ranged/Ranged to melee) when he equips a new weapon. I learned how do weapon equiping from RaoDaoZao's RPG (When the Freedom Slips Away), but I was just wondering if it was also possible to switch to a different animation set? Would it require the use of Jass? If so, is there anyway someone could send me a cut/paste trigger? Any info would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Level 4
In your equip event, add
Animation - Add the gold animation tag to (Picked unit)
Or whatever the corresponding animation tag is to whatever the corresponding unit is.

This means you have to add said animations to the model as well.

NOTE: WC3 models have limited animation tags. I suggest gold, lumber, alternate, or slam.

Level 2
Thanks

Okay. I plan to add attack and walk animations for walking and attacking for both ranged and melee. When I get the corresponding weapon, I plan to make the trigger you suggested in order to remove the walking and attack animations from one weapon type and add the animations for the other.

Thanks very much for your quick response Xaerth! :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.