• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

Animation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hi. This is really agravating. When ever I try to animate this it does a swift dive down for some reason unknown. I put a key at zero and animated everything right with opening and closing keys at the right places and everything.. I don't know whats wrong with it.

Like in Walk I tell it to just simply rotate to the right and then it dives downward during the rotation.

Last edited:
you sure, that you did that, because for me it works? remenber that you must change continuity on the starting frame OF WALK animation, in other words frame 3100. Also make sure that you R marking ROTATION, not position or scale.

About the tutorial, there isn't a single decent animation tutorial of wc3 that teachs you how to do it, guess that I'll have to get back working on "That tutorial"

You only made it on one bone, you have to make it one by one,(don't you hate to use meshes, now?) If you notice, there's only 1 mesh that stays static, it's the one you edited.

Oh, I noticed what happened, it was the position, the one giving problems; not the rotation.

Use Bezier for position & scale instead of TCB, bezier does not give that kind of effects, and you'll reduce those problems only to rotation.

Level 15
Yep, changed the Position & Scale to Bezier, left rotation on TCB, have continuity set to 0.0 at begining frame of stand.

When previewing stand animation the mesh peices rotate even tho nothing is supposed to move at all. I have only opening and ending key frames, both the same.:confused:
Sephiroth_VII:If I used bones the mesh would still have to be chopped up right? So I dont see how it would be that much easier. And I'd have to keep selecting them bones inside the mesh.
here it is again with my new changes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.