• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Invisible keys? Cant delete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
I'm trying to do a Stand anim (3dsmax) and its from 0-1500 frames, problem is there's keys for its stationary position at 0 and at 1500 BUT it still seems to animate even tho theres no keys in between 0-1500! It seems like theres an invisible animation key right in the middle somewhere thats making it move, but I can't see or delete it. Yes I have selected everything in the scene but the keys in middle don't show. Its really agravating.

EDIT: Ok Thx, Its Solved

Last edited:
Level 6
It sounds like you are seeing the influence of keys outside that 0-1500 range. The position at a frame is not the result of just the two keys on either side of it, but the keys beside those two as well. You can see and fix this on the note track. The easiest way is to change each bone to use linear interpolation, which will make only those two keys on either side of it influence the position.

I don't remember the exact method of doing that, since it's been forever since I've had access to 3ds max. If you poke around in the note track you should be able to find it, though.

Attachments

• keys.GIF
    keys.GIF
    2 KB · Views: 103
Status
Not open for further replies.