• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Animation Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
So I have this unit with lots of animations. I called a specific animation by using custom script SetUnitAnimationByIndex, it can call several animations but when i call the 23rd or 24th or some other numbers higher than these the unit simply won't obey and use its simple stand animation.

Is there any way the animations are somehow corrupt and they don't play? Cuz I can view them in Mdlvis or Wc3 Model Editor.

Level 7
Can you be more specific of what unit is and what it should do?

Or are all unit and animations customized? If so, are you sure it's not anything else?

Level 19
Ehh it's actually a wow rip off hehe, it's a human male. I used a few other ones before but they were functioning.

All the other animations are working on other programs like MDlvis or magos editor. The animation itself isn't important since it doesn't just play. The animations are the unit's original animations.

Level 7
Maybe is just some gap of IDS in the list of animations.
In the 25 and forth it plays the correct animations? Does it stops at the 24th?

The more information you give, it's easier to help.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Does the game support such large IDs with other models? It is possible you have run into some hardcoded limit. One must remember that WC3 was never intended for WoW models.

It is also possible that the ported model itself is wrong. Model porting programs are notorious for having bugs. If the animation data was not translated correctly then WC3 might not be able to use it.

Level 19
It does support large IDs, there is a villager model in the hive with 255animations all working as well as another ripped off model from wow with around 180 animations that are fully working in game.

I fear the model is broken in a way but do you think it is possible because the animations work both in model editor and Mdlvis.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I fear the model is broken in a way but do you think it is possible because the animations work both in model editor and Mdlvis.
Third party model viewers/editors do not accurately reflect the mechanics of Warcraft III. For example I know for a fact that they might load some invalid blp files and fail to load some valid ones. Chances are they will process some model chunks differently allowing them to get results which WC3 cannot.

Level 7
Mdlvis can work that out too, but I was using the model mostly for the animations, anyways I'll try to figure it out.

You can try to find out why the animations fail to work. Maybe even make a post about it so future porter developers do not make the same mistakes.

Maybe you can ask in the forum for someone to fix the animations you need, that will probably be enough.

Level 19
You can try to find out why the animations fail to work. Maybe even make a post about it so future porter developers do not make the same mistakes.
Any ideas how i can find that out :D Because I don't have much knowledge about it :(

Maybe you can ask in the forum for someone to fix the animations you need, that will probably be enough.
I might just do that and start with people who knows better than me.

Thanks to you guys both for taking your time ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.