• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Animation Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hey guys :) its me again >.< i have a problem with one of my hero.. to be exact one of his animation he should play..

i know that wc3 GUI animations play are a little bit of buggy and this function wont play the animation i wrote in it everytime. thats why i used a costum script. i show you guys whats my problem.

this model(klick on link)
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...618256.-2207520000.1402543407.&type=3&theater

as you see he have a STAFF, LANCES and a SWORD.
the STAFF is for walking(hes actually flying xD)
LANCES are for normal attacking
and the SWORD is for only 1 animation where he hits the target
he also have a spell animation with his LANCE, which is expanding towards him. as you see in the VIDEO below

this works everytime and perfect. but if im using his ultimate like in minute 2:03 you will see hes doing nothin . he dont play the animation. i think i know why it is. its becasue the spell is a target enemy. and the lance spell is a ground spell. but shouldnt the code animation come AFTER the normal object editor animation set on the spell? and yeah i checked if its the right animation. i let him play animations from 0 to 20. so i tooked the right one ;)

heres the code:
[E] Lance (works every time):
  • Set Caster_Obito_2 = (Triggering unit)
  • Custom script: call SetUnitAnimationByIndex ( udg_Caster_Obito_2 , 4 )
[R] Ultimate (doesnt works one time):
  • Set Caster_Obito_3 = (Triggering unit)
  • Custom script: call SetUnitAnimationByIndex ( udg_Caster_Obito_3 , 9 )
hope you guys can help me, becasue his ultimate without the big sword is lame :(

Level 8
No the ultimate is no channel like you see in the video. Its an instand hit .
If i make a trigger like. Time is 5 sec. And. Let him play all animations ber costum string. Then hes hitting with his sword. But if i let him play the animation by the spell trigger, he wont.

No the ultimate is no channel like you see in the video. Its an instand hit .
If i make a trigger like. Time is 5 sec. And. Let him play all animations ber costum string. Then hes hitting with his sword. But if i let him play the animation by the spell trigger, he wont.

Not exactly what I asked. Is the ability based on the ability; Channel. Not if the ability is channeled.
However I take from that answer that it is not.

Which leaves the second unanswered question left.
Does the ultimate spell have an animation name set in the object editor under the "Art - Animation Names"?

Level 8
ups sorry.. :)
yeah the spell is based on channel
and yes the ability have a animation name set in the object editor becasue if i make that empty hes using a random animation or im wrong?

ups sorry.. :)
yeah the spell is based on channel
and yes the ability have a animation name set in the object editor becasue if i make that empty hes using a random animation or im wrong?

What is the "Data - Art Duration" and "Data - Follow Through Time" set to?
Also. If the ability already have an inherit animation why trigger another?

Level 8
Data - Art Duration = 0.00
Data - Follow Through Time = 0.00

i doesnt even know what this shit is doing xD

why trigger another? becasue it doesnt worked by the animation name in the object editor :D

Solu9, this was what I was going to suggest as well. 1 second though means that it will play 1 second of the animation. For more accurate results check the model in the previewer on the left side of the Terrain editor and use that approximate value.

Also, yes, triggered animation is not needed in the case of spells, unless it's an animation with low rarity (e.g. Stand) or an animation that it is not readable by WarCraft III, e.g. "Cinematic Move 02023".

Level 8
nope doesnt work :c
edit: or an animation that it is not readable by WarCraft III, e.g. "Cinematic Move 02023"....................... can wc3 read the spell animation : Spell Sword? or must it be Spell - 1; Spell - 2: etc.

Level 8
i know how to rename it etc. but with trigger it doesnt work like i said above....

Level 8
i let him play the animation 0 - 20 with a duration of 3 secs. so after every 3 sec he played one animation. and i was waiting till hes playing the sword animation. thats how i found it out

Level 8
i will send it to you after i tested something. i renamed the spell animation to Spell Throw. Im gonna test this now. if this still dont work i will send it to you :)

EDIT: Spell Throw dont work too. the orc hero shadowpriest have this animation for the healwave. for him it works. for me not. gg
EDIT: I fixed it together with Pharaoh :))

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.