• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Spell Animations In Triggers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hello, I am having an issue where the animation of a unit is not being activated. I believe it's because the object editor spells always play an animation regardless if there is an animation in the "Art - Animation Names" category.

• Untitled Trigger 002
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Channel
    • Actions
      • Custom script: call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(udg_UST_Caster[udg_UST_Index], 16)

My assumption is that as soon as the spell is detected the trigger's animation fires first and then the spell overwrites it and plays the spell animation instead. I tried adding the name of the animation (Spell Channel 2) to the "Art - Animation Names" category but it still doesn't use that animation. Instead, the caster uses the stand animation.

Is there anyway to fix this problem whether it's with triggers or in the object editor? I know if I delay the animation call by even a millisecond the "SetUnitAnimationByIndex" will work. However, I don't want to add a short 0.03 timer to a loop just to make it happen in an instant spell.

Level 39
For what it's worth with non-channel abilities you need to make each part of the animation a separate string in the animation names field. Instead of putting "spell channel 2" or "spell,channel,2" you need it to be 3 separate entries in the right order:

spell
channel

Status
Not open for further replies.