• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Animation... Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hi all,

I've recently thought I'd give modelling a go and so it's gone well, I've been following this tutorial

Modeling and Animation 101

and I've made the mesh, textured it, and now animated it. I've put the animation details in how the tutorial describes which has worked perfectly, and I have labelled the joints as Linear. However when I've viewed it in Magos this happens!

I've attached pictures below, Model 1 is without animations (which is fine) whereas Model 2 is with animation (which is definitely not fine)

Attachments

• Model 1.jpg
    Model 1.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 47
  • Model 2.jpg
    Model 2.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 70
Level 15
-___- okay... my post was deleted because it says “it’s not helpful. Please don’t spam” -_- even it’s my first post here, totally not spam.
don’t say if it’s because I use Disney avatar

What I wanted to say is, would you please giving us more details.. from those pictures I don’t see anything wrong. First one is in animated, second one has weird pose and angry face, which is the attack animation and you make it like that ...

So what’s “definitely not fine”?

Level 13
I did wonder where that reply went...

The problem is that once the model is exported the animations mess up (it's meant to be punching with one hand)

I've been testing some things and it looks like I needed to run "Zero Joints" before animating... So I'm going to have to do the animations again -_____-

Level 15
XD it’s already written there. It has something todo with balancing the weight.
Check to make sure you are content with the way your vertices are assigned, then after that, go to tools and run Zero Joints. This is a very crucial step, do not proceed without doing this. You have been warned.

I’m pretty sure changing those won’t reset the animation , in 3dsmax :p

Why are you not using 3dsmax with neodex plugin? It’s not perfect but much more updated than milkshape

Status
Not open for further replies.