• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Animation Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Haven't really played around with the turret turning stuff. Might work, guess the best way would be to try it out. If it doesn't work, there is an option to do it manually using triggers:

Code:
call SetUnitLookAt([facing unit], "bone_head", [target unit], [x offset], [y offset], [z offset] )

I am not sure if all bones are "allowed", the GUI presets allow chest and head. You can find it under "Animation - lock body part facing" in the editor.

Level 30
Haven't really played around with the turret turning stuff. Might work, guess the best way would be to try it out. If it doesn't work, there is an option to do it manually using triggers:

Code:
call SetUnitLookAt([facing unit], "bone_head", [target unit], [x offset], [y offset], [z offset] )

I am not sure if all bones are "allowed", the GUI presets allow chest and head. You can find it under "Animation - lock body part facing" in the editor.

Alternatively I guess you can name your turret bone "Bone_Head" and use a trigger for the rotation.

Thank you for your answers. I am gonna try it out when i finish animating the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.