1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Animation Help

Discussion in 'Modeling & Animation' started by Mister_Haudrauf, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Mister_Haudrauf

Mister_Haudrauf

Model Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Hey guys and girls,

Question: Is it possible for a unit to use the 'bone_turret' trick the cannon tower uses?

I'm basically trying to create a Chariot: One leads the horse while another unit attacks with a crossbow.

2. Infrisios

Infrisios

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Haven't really played around with the turret turning stuff. Might work, guess the best way would be to try it out. If it doesn't work, there is an option to do it manually using triggers:

Code (Text):
    call SetUnitLookAt([facing unit], "bone_head", [target unit], [x offset], [y offset], [z offset] )
    I am not sure if all bones are "allowed", the GUI presets allow chest and head. You can find it under "Animation - lock body part facing" in the editor.

3. Chaosium

Chaosium

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Alternatively I guess you can name your turret bone "Bone_Head" and use a trigger for the rotation.

4. Infrisios

Infrisios

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Yeah that's pretty much what I implied.

5. Mister_Haudrauf

Mister_Haudrauf

Model Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Thank you for your answers. I am gonna try it out when i finish animating the rest.

6. HappyCockroach

HappyCockroach

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I tried out of curiosity and it does work well. :p

That could even be applied to any unit. Turns out more realistic :) (in that case some excession should be done to prevent the head from rotating 180ยบ xD)