• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Animation export Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey Guys i have a little problem.
I animating for warcraft 3 with 3ds max. Better say with Cat.
Well after exporting the model. Its to big.....

My model with 10 animation made with cad has around 2,5 mb.

another model, animated with cat, with 24 animation had only 1,5mb....

I was thinking, that in 3ds max and specify cat, i have different layers for each bone. And i think, that the layers didnt collapse into one layer, they are all there but for warcraft 3 invisble. I need to know, how i can reduce the filesize or can collapse all the layers into one. That the filesize is not that high.
I hope someone can help me, how i can fix that problem and use cat for wc3 animations to

Level 2
yeah its because of the animation. Modell has only 200 kb.
After exporting, the model has still the same size, but the animations have aournd 2,2 mb

Level 15
i think thats because when you export, all keyframes are baked to every frames, making thats huge size.

Can you tell me how you export to mdx? directly with neodex?

Level 2
yeah i export the Cat rig to fbx. Than import again and export to mdx. Why?

I try to export without bake animations and its the same... 2,44 mb. After deleting 6 finger bones, I lost 400 kb size. Like every Bone has his own timeline

And i use the debug mode
becaus at standard mode it wont convert every animation
And i use the 3ds max 2016 version

Last edited:
Level 15
I did a quick test with my model, has 3 animations with minimum bones. Originally the mdx is 129kb (in debug mode 132kb) after export import with fbx is 304kb. When you export as fbx, then import that again, do you notice this: ??
2018-11-16 21_59_54-Untitled - Autodesk 3ds Max  2010 x64.jpg

Originally it was like this below:
2018-11-16 22_00_25-Broly11 exp1ort test bezier2.max - Autodesk 3ds Max  2010 x64.jpg

Both bake or not give same result for me. When you export, on each frames created key. Those keys are actually the one that increase file size, based on the amount of the keys. Even if its not moving, those keys still gonna increase size.

Well, idk if yours is like that or not though :p Thats what I know... hmm there must be some kind of proper export setting for that

Level 2
yeah it should create so many frames.
But the filesize is different.
I will show you
And i Think its because my model has different Layers for each bone and in the chinese model, they have only one layer for everything

Attachments

• Naruto the LAst Mr. War 3.rar
    754.4 KB · Views: 41
  • By Dennis.rar
    1.3 MB · Views: 39
Status
Not open for further replies.