• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Animals' Life ORPG v1.25

Animals' Life is an ORPG where you control an Animal.
Fight hostile Animals, get experience, gold and items to improve your character.
Do your own life with others players by coupling with those having the same Animal as you, to get children which will help you in your battles.

-Number of Animals that you can choose : 10 (Male and Female, so 20).
-Abilities : more than 80.
-Levels of hostile : 4 for now.
-1 PvP Area.

Hope you will like the game :)

Have Fun !

Speak about the map here please !

/!\ The map is protected /!\
Why ? To prevent people to cheat by seeing my save system...
Also to decrease the map's size by 600 Kb !

Changelog :

• A bug for bosses fixed ;
• Added 3 quests ;
• A bug for females fixed ;
• Added the command -cam ;
• Added spells to hostiles ;
• A bug for save/load fixed.

• Bug for bosses fixed ;
• Bug for children (probably) fixed ;
• Bug for Nettle fixed ;
• Bug for children's spells fixed ;
• Bug for Wolves' couple fixed ;
• Bug for children attack (when you wre in an enemy clan) fixed ;
• Thanks to Tanasren and Rpgmaniac for their great help !

• Female Animals have now to wait until they can couple at start ;
• Correction of a bug for the Spell Reset Cooldown ;
• New design of Animals' menu ;
• Added Quests ! ;
• Correction of a (big) bug for plants ;
• Correction of a bug (forgot in version 1.22) for coupling ;
• Load time added, you can now load your character only at the first 15 minuts ;
• Correction of a bug for children ;
• Balancing of children ;
• Entirely remake the Boss system (anti-bug system), and some new things ;
• Added Boss limits.

[EDIT] Forgot to change the version minimap >_>
[EDIT2] Forgot to change the Spider's mana --'

• Correction of a bug for plants ;
• Correction of a bug for couple ;
• Added the Solo Game ;
• Correction of a bug for Bosses ;
• Updated the command -d ;
• Thanks to : Legonzo - Rpgmaniac - Tanasren.

Keywords:
Animals' Life, Animals' Life ORPG, Animals' Life RPG, Animals', Animals, Animal, Life, ORPG, RPG
Contents

Animals' Life ORPG v1.25 (Map)

Reviews
17:19, 20th Aug 2008 Septimus : http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/788165-post8.html This map seems to be develop very well with all necessary hotkey and detail provided. Although there might be a few complain from user regarding about...
Level 9
"Regarding the abilities that I've mentioned, maybe they could be aquired earlier, but on later levels the abilites would get updated. Example: the Wolf starts off with that Bite that has lifesteal... maybe on later levels, the Life Steal could be increased, or even have a secondary effects (reducing armor for a while, or slowing, or causing a Dot)... the possibilities are limitless. This secondary effects should be weak... it would just give the impression that the hero got "updated" by leveling, so the gameplay would change all the time, even in a minor way.

This idea could be grouped with the one to have differences on males/females, so... maybe the primary skills from both can be the same, but this secondary effects, when the skills level up, could be different."

What a nice idea ! (j'espère que tu l'as prise en compte)

Rommstein, plz, finish the landscape before quests etc... :p

Level 9
You know what i'm thinking, but just in case you forgot ("I AM THE GAME" haha lol@quote@tripleH), i would prefer the land with all creeps as i said you long ago (1 month hihi).
So for the others : "You really think the land first would be a good idea ?"

Level 5
It would be really cool if your children were computer controlled... like when u attack something they attack, when u retreat they retreat, when they are weak they might look for some food. If u add that, a fixed cam would be awesome to get the real animal life feel

Level 2
Awesome map.

A Idead for single player save is to end the game in defeat whenever someone types in a cheat. E.g. if someone types a cheat, you could do a trigger where if someone types one of the cheats, then they automatically lose.

Level 3
Its a fun map. Although you should add more animals like:
-Bears
-Panthers (If you can)
-Mabye flying animals if it doesn't mess up the game
-Hydra?

Level 6
Hi, sorry for being very late to answer you.
For the moment and sine many months, I stopped working on Animals' Life, because I have a hard year (school), I have to work for my clan (KaMi), and I have many other things to think about...
So for the moment, no new version... Sorry guys, many people also asked me by email, and I answered the same thing.

Anyway, thank you a lot for asking new versions, it shows the map is not so bad :) .

Level 1
I don't know if it has been reported yet or im the only one that tryed it... but i have a wolf wit max start (yes it's ALOT of boss farming) but every time i try to load it i cant .... code does'nt seem to support it :cry:. oh by the way i'm she-wolf level 50 and great map i love it . I wish you work on it soon. :p

Just tested this, cool map idea (kinda funny how you were able to get "mating" in it and still make it approvable - my guess is that anyone playing this would be mature enough about this). The only thing I would recommend is adding in some custom spells and making the player acquire spells faster (either that or level faster). Any chance this will be updated sometime soon?

Level 6
Hi, you are lucky I was just checking if there were new messages here (did not do it since... many time ^^).
Thanks for comments, about a next version of AL1, no sorry I won't release. But I'm on Animals Life 2 now, I'll probably soon release a BETA version, so check on the Hive in the next months. :D

Level 1
I don't know if it has been reported yet or im the only one that tryed it... but i have a wolf wit max start (yes it's ALOT of boss farming) but every time i try to load it i cant .... code does'nt seem to support it :cry:. oh by the way i'm she-wolf level 50 and great map i love it . I wish you work on it soon. :p

lol you cant get past 30ish without exploiting as far as i know..the max area is wolves which are relatively low level, if animals life 2.0 isnt as short as this one is it should be great

Level 20
Or 780+ animals that I will include in mine Animal Life (I did not base it on Rammstein Animal Life and the name of my project and Rammstein's is a coinsidence.

this is not a place to publish your map dude

When I entered the game, I saw a table with icons of animals. How do I make one?
first of all you need knowledge in Trackables

---------------------------------------------just to seperate---------------------------------------------
anyway this game looks good, im gonna try it...

EDIT:
awesome loading screen O.O
and the game is even better!! 5/5 :thumbs_up:

Level 2
Hello!

I fell on this game one day... And I loved it. Unfortunately, not many people host it. Can anyone help me find a Clan or something that host this game regularly? Thank you very much :)

Level 2
Hello!

I fell on this game one day... And I loved it. Unfortunately, not many people host it. Can anyone help me find a Clan or something that host this game regularly? Thank you very much :)

You can use makemehost.com, there is a version there that I made that removed the level restrictions for bosses, ver 1.25x. I also host it from time to time. I play on EU and both US servers under name DaMonkMan. I planned to update this further but romm doesn't have deprotected ver and the jass got currupted when it was deprotected forcefully. I pmed romm months and months ago ^^. Was gonna do balance changes mainly, make it harder also.

I still have my 1.26 ver, only thing is the triggers are weird and I can't locate the lines I need so what i can edit is limited. My main concern is that level restrictions for bosses are back so it has less endgame potential. The trigger I initial edited has disappeared but this was early September work since I got bored near the end of summer. I might continue this eventually once I learn a thing or two about coding. Still in high-school and i got computer science next semester.

But short answer MMH or i can host 1.26 for you if you really want, I do have some things to change if I were to host it, mainly item issues since I can't add them to drop chance since its all trigger based.

Heh once I get going I just keep on going :D. Sadly the sequel died before it hit beta, would've been awesome. Maybe I can help out to revive it eventually, for now we'll have to wait see. Glad you like the map and sorry to tell you without 1.25x or 1.26 there isn't much past lvl 25.

Hope you have luck finding games, normally you can get games with 6 or so people or more at peak hours, sadly a lot of them leave early but what can you do eh. Canada ftw! Would love to play with you sometime, if you got steam you can add me there, Da_MONK_MAN

Last edited:
Level 2
Ya, it was quite buggy, friend wanted to played it so I put it out, then school started and never got a chance to fix anything. I never had access to a workable version and the one i had many of the triggers corrupted, making some of my previous changed in 1.25x unusable. If you want to give it a shot go ahead, might try again this summer, getting a 94 in my computer science so i want to see what i learn will help.

Level 1
Are you ever going to update this map? Because it's very cool, but has only 4 areas :(

Level 2
Review
Notice & Contact
This map had been examined by Alexis Septimus.
If you think this map review is not accurate or require another review, feel free to contact Alexis Septimus. But, map would only be review again for second time and also for the last time unless under certain circumstances. It would be selfish to request constantly a mod/admin to keep review your map as there is many other maps waiting for approval as well.

However, if you still insist of another review after it had been review for second time. Feel free to contact other admin.

To contact Alexis Septimus, please click this
new_mail.png
Visitor Message.
Map Review
1) Terrain - Good (4)
2) Ingenuity - Excellent (5)
3) Minor Error - Good (4)
4) Replay Value - Excellent (5)
5) Fun factor/gameplay - Good (4)
6) Use of imported material - Excellent (5)
7) Single player - Average (3)
8) AI support -
9) Camera -
10) Originality - Good (4)
11) File Size - Good (4)
12) Balancing -
13) Packaging - Excellent (5)
14) Credits - Excellent (5)
15) Storyline -
16) Theme - Excellent (5)
17) Protection - Average (3)
18) Quality - Excellent (5)
19) Description/Information - Excellent (5)
20) Hiveworkshop rules & regulation - Excellent (5)

Total Accumulation Point : 71/80 * 100 = 88.75

[+] - The triggering seems to be very good.
[+] - Well provided info.
[!] - You should make the camera lock to the hero if you have such a mass amount of unused space.
[-] -
[-] - A lot of unused space/terrain.

Review : Hmm... it seems like there is no malfunction hotkey and the terrain look quite good. But why you use such a large scale for such a map ? I think 196 * 196 would be more than enough for it.

Everything else look impressive, the gameplay might look complicated and might took 1-2 weeks to master it if you are newbie. But, overall it is still look good.

Since I did not fully test this map, this review of mine does not add any point.
Rating & Miscellaneous information
Score - 89/100
Rating - 5/5
Condition - Very Good
Status - Approve
Review - 2
Reminder
The map might not be fully tested, if any user of the map found bug/error or anything else.
Feel free to contact Alexis Septimus by clicking this
new_mail.png
Visitor Message.

fools shadows of the past is the great map:goblin_boom::grin::vw_death::vw_wtf:

Level 2
Is there someone still playing this map? got a maximum lvl 50 Animal of each race and each gender because i liked it so much. Then i noticed it´s already 4 years old and won´t get updatd anymoore(played it in 2016)

Level 2
hi all. i played this map.
I was faced with the impossibility of transition to the next location. RPG game about animals is an interesting idea, but unfortunately in this map it is not implemented until the end. I put 3/5 in view of the apparent incompleteness of the project.

upload_2018-9-15_16-9-25.png

Level 5
Greetings
A map with a fairly unique idea. There's only a handful of these kinds of maps where wild animals hold the role of a main character. After playing it for some time, I can conclude that this map is absolutely amazing. Despite being made in 2008, it's mechanics were considerably smooth. Well, apart from the fact that you can't sell dropped items. I kinda understand that animals don't have that monetary sense, but why do I need gold when buying herbs and why creeps drop some gold when they die? Kinda misses the point a bit there.

All in all, an amazing map! Thank you for the great work! And keep it up!

RECOMMENDED!