• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Angle problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Flame Strike
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Flame Blast
    • Actions
      • Set FS_AoE = (Position of (Casting unit))
      • Set FS_Player = (Owner of (Casting unit))
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 35, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Universal Dummy for Player 4 (Purple) at FS_AoE facing Default building facing degrees
          • Set FS_Dummy = (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Order FS_Dummy to Undead Dreadlord - Carrion Swarm (FS_AoE offset by 700.00 towards (10.00 x (Real((Integer A)))) degrees)
          • Unit - Add a 0.45 second Generic expiration timer to FS_Dummy
      • Custom script: call RemoveUnit(udg_FS_Dummy)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_FS_AoE)
The Angles don't seem to work accurately. I wanted it to release a blast every 10 angles but it just doesn't. Can anyone tell me why?

Level 25
You have a memory leak where you order the spell to be cast. Set the target point to a new location variable and clean it up in the loop.

As far as the malfunction goes, try setting the unit's facing angle in the unit creation action. That aside, I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Please post a screenshot of the malfunction.

like this?
  • Flame Strike
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Flame Blast
    • Actions
      • Set FS_AoE = (Position of (Casting unit))
      • Set FS_Player = (Owner of (Casting unit))
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 36, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set FS_Angle = (10.00 x (Real((Integer A))))
          • Unit - Create 1 Universal Dummy for Player 4 (Purple) at FS_AoE facing FS_Angle degrees
          • Set FS_Dummy = (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Order FS_Dummy to Undead Dreadlord - Carrion Swarm (FS_AoE offset by 700.00 towards FS_Angle degrees)
          • Unit - Add a 0.45 second Generic expiration timer to FS_Dummy
      • Custom script: call RemoveUnit(udg_FS_Dummy)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_FS_AoE)
Edit: still has it.
Untitled.jpg

------------------
Edit 2: Still left out dummies.. what can I do?

Last edited:
Level 9
for instant cast:
0 movement speed means it need to be set in Gameplay Constants to allow movement speed of zero, and it still allow unit to turn if i remember correctly, it just disable movement.
better option is to remove the dummy ability to move via script.
JASS:
    call UnitRemoveAbility(udg_FS_Dummy,'Amov')

btw i agree with rulerofiron99, there might be some dummies not casting the Carrion Swarm, as there should be 36 carrion swarms seen in screenie.

Level 28
for instant cast:
0 movement speed means it need to be set in Gameplay Constants to allow movement speed of zero
That would seem logical, but it's not true.
Without changing the gameplay constants, a movement speed of 0 removes the ability to move (and turn, thus the exact same thing as what you do with the script, but easier).

And as Garfield1337 rightfully mentioned, it does indeed give a single dummy the ability to cast all 36 carrion swarms in all directions at the same time.
It's probably worth the try :)

Level 9
Set FS_Angle must be set to 0 also in every cast...
I don't think it need to be set to 0 in every cast, as implied in the loop part that udg_FS_Angle value is always set to Integer A x 10.00 in each loop iteration.

and like rulerofiron99 said, it will be better to remove a location leak in the process:
  • (FS_AoE offset by 700.00 towards FS_Angle degrees)
you need to save it to location variable and remove it inside the loop.

Status
Not open for further replies.