• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Angel_Duster's Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I am going to start adding to this post when I feel i have made a good terrain so keep looking for new posts on it :p

Attachments

• Ashenvale Forest.jpg
    Ashenvale Forest.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 191
  • Barrens.jpg
    Barrens.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 188
  • Netherdrake.jpg
    Netherdrake.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Level 34
Not bad, I like them.

First: You need more environment doodads! Why do people seem afraid to use too many! Also your light rays suggest sun, but the fog and sky don't match. I guess it could be a break in the clouds?!

Second: I really dislike the yellow fog. Other than that it's pretty good. I think the rocky hill/mountains look alright, but not as good as if you used spire. They just look better IMO (for mountains).

Third: Looks nice, but I can't really see anything, so I can't complain. I do notice a waterfall doodad in the middle of the screen, not sure what it's doing, looks like it's not attached to any waterfall.

Level 25
I really like the first one. Looks realistic and reminds me of a picture of some river in a Rain Forest I once saw.

The second one is pretty good, but needs work. Maybe more hills and some extra environment doodads.

The third is... well the lower part of the screenshot needs a lot of work. Makes the terrain look really empty; so as of now, I don't think it's very good. Also, that Nether Drake doesn't go so well with the terrain either.
~Craka_J

Level 34
I actually like the Nether Drake! I guess it looks odd green, but if it were red it would be too much. Maybe a purple or something.

Level 34
I guess you win Craka. I would probably make it a red. Not the same as the fog though.

With the sun, I'm pretty sure there's nothing you can do but get rid of it all together.

Level 34
I feel comfortable with it. I still like it the most I think, just he Nether Drake and that waterfall look off. Also adding an island in the front might look better.

Status
Not open for further replies.