• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Angel Arena Allstars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey there,

I am looking for an unprotected version of Angel Arena Allstars for development purposes. I have tried contacting the original editor (youkaiz) but sadly he had disappeared long ago. I'm not sure if anyone is out there that he had given the map to (which yes he did) but if you are out there - any help is appreciated.

In no way am I asking for someone to deprotect the map or anything of that nature. I've been searching through countless amounts of different forums youkaiz used, his own personal sites (which are expired) and I've found no luck.

The game (Angel Arena Allstars) is still played as of today but it's lacking a lot of balance, it also has game breaking bugs/spells in it which need to be fixed and I'd be willing to develop it but I'm having trouble locating an unprotected map. Hope someone can assist me.

That .. is quite the unpleasant task. Looking for an unprotected map here, aside from melee maps, spells and systems, is going to be quite a major setback. I ask, is his version the absolute must-go for the Angel Arena map that you're going to balance or can any Angel Arena map do?

In the case of the latter, which I find more gruesome, it would have to be slowly remade into the Angel Arena map of your desire, which means a more daunting, but fulfilling task, as you can think of how a certain ability functions and how it should be balanced. However, in the case of the former, I would say it would add some difficulty in implementing your desired changes, as well as balancing the abilities.

Thus, I can only suggest the latter as a more fulfilling choice. Just notify @youkaiz about it if he's willing to pass the map to you for development purposes.

Level 2
I understand it's a difficult/unpleasant task but it's really my only option left here. I'm not sure if anyone who was close to youkaiz/joined his development project for 1.70 is still around but trying other options doesn't seem as likely.

I myself am not an experienced editor, in-fact I'm learning slowly more and more about it but based on what other editors/coders etc. told me is that the map is un-editable in a nutshell. Of course, they meant that as if it's going to be restored into an editable version it will take too much time and effort for a game that holds little population behind it.

And no, another angel arena is unlikely to do the trick here. Allstars is very unique in the sense of heroes, spawns, locations and etc. I've played eclipse, samurai, heaven vs hell, domination and I can say none of them are even close to being like allstars.

I appreciate your response nonetheless, I did come here with little hope that it'll actually go anywhere but I still figured why not at-least try.

Level 13
Back when we used to chat on Orkut, Youkaiz told me that the reason why he stopped developing AAA was that the majority of his code used the return bug (for type casting).
JASS:
function H2I takes handle h returns integer
    return h
    return 0
endfunction
When Blizzard released 1.24b, they made return bug no longer possible, and introduced the Hashtable + GetHandleId instead. His map also had a lot of imported systems which used return bug, and he would have to rewrite many of those. Let's just say that 1.24 frustrated him a lot, and he unfortunately ended up abandoning his map definitively.

Since MSN Messenger and Orkut no longer exist, I can't contact Youkaiz anymore, and his Hive account is not active either.

Level 1
SOOO this is a bit of a shot in the dark, but I think I may actually be able to help you. A while back, I was trying to do the same thing, and I ended up diving into a bit of a rabbit hole, trying to get an unprotected copy of the map to edit. Long story short I managed to contact youkaiz, and he sent me an unprotected development version of the map (version 1.66). Unfortunately he lost the latest version he had made of it in a hard drive failure.

TLDR: if you want, I can send you a slightly outdated, but unprotected version of the map. Please contact me if this interests you.

Level 2
SOOO this is a bit of a shot in the dark, but I think I may actually be able to help you. A while back, I was trying to do the same thing, and I ended up diving into a bit of a rabbit hole, trying to get an unprotected copy of the map to edit. Long story short I managed to contact youkaiz, and he sent me an unprotected development version of the map (version 1.66). Unfortunately he lost the latest version he had made of it in a hard drive failure.

TLDR: if you want, I can send you a slightly outdated, but unprotected version of the map. Please contact me if this interests you.
Not sure how to exactly PM here on Hive, but I do be interested in that version.
I got to get my friends into AAA due to another one also wanting to try it.
Long story short, we ended up in un-even teams later on and we could not really play anymore or someone just snowballs super duper hard.

My intent is just to make our own House-version of it. Only I own warcraft basically, so we just play on 1.28c on Lan. So so no worries with us all sharing it. Got a couple of self-edited maps as well.

Currently jumping around for Custom Hero Survival, just waiting on a response from the main autor. Someone else was also looking for it so I asked the autor if I could possibly share it for those interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.