• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Ancient's Wrath ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

(name pending)

I've paused development on this map until patch 1.33 comes around. I think it will give us a good indication on where the games headed or if it's going to be put on life support by Blizzard. I decided I should show my progress in the meantime in case someone can draw inspiration from it. I also think many people don't realize what is actually possible now. I feel Reforged was not ready for release but the new modding features are actually amazing.

The entire map was coded in TypeScript, but much of the functionality is possible in JASS as well.

This is more of a showcase of the maps systems. I will divulge more info about the gameplay when the time (hopefully) comes.

chat3.gif

recipes.gif

castbar.gif

mount3.gif

Xp5OhVm.jpg

5J7mxZ1.jpg

fie3gEh.jpg

2YjhA8r.jpg

f90IdpF.jpg

ggGt4tp.jpg

Also, here is a a pretty old video showcasing some of the systems.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...9882/Warcraft_III_2019_12_12_19_41_29_412.mp4
Warcraft III Reforged 2020.12.04 - 18.35.34.07

Last edited:
Level 4
This project looks amazing, it looks more like WoW then Warcraft. Great job

I had a question about the equipment system, did you make the models yourself? They seem to fit so perfectly. I have been making items that come with attachments in my own project and I have been looking through the hive for models.

Last edited:
I managed to fix all of the desyncs in the map which gave me some motivation to continue working on this. Here's an update video of some of the gameplay systems. The map is almost in a state where an alpha version can be released.

Systems showed in the video:
  • Completely custom user interface
  • Codeless save and load
  • Inventory and Equipment
  • Vendors
  • NPCs and Quests
  • Combat with different weapon types
  • Mounting system
  • Custom chat system with icons and the ability to link items
  • Skillbar with the ability to link items and skills to the bar
  • The ability to enter houses without teleporting the hero somewhere else (hiding the roof)
  • Recipe system
A reminder that this is a multiplayer map which adds an extra layer of complexity to these systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.