• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ancient Lands 3 ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I've had a lot of time to waste making this map. Unfortunatley my dad cut my internet, i know stupid lol... so I have to do all the uploading and downloading using a USB drive... lol... So I haven't been able to test the multiplayer functions :p

Ancient Lands ORPG 3
Save/Load System
Veriety of different classes: Archer, Barbarian, Cleric, Defender, Druid, Mage, Paladin, Rogue, Warlock
Hundreds of saveable items (they show on your hero)
Camera System
Quests and Quest chains
Custom Spells
Some in game cinimatics
Lots of Rare items that creat the ability to become the strongest
Cheating: Some cheat codes will end the game for you
Single player Mode avalable
Item Destroyer
Item Ownership
Item requirements
Rabid's Revive system
Rare Class: Blood God (Dedicated to my cousin Ian Edward LaMott who comitted suicide November 14th 2008 at the age of 16)
Lots of secrets... key word: SECRETS, so don't ask.

Ingame Projects:
Auctioneer System- Currently Disabled due to bugs
Still working on creating hundreds of more items
Still Stabalizing the EXP gained and Blancing the Heros
Working on more Dungeons
Quests

I'm only going to give away one secret. How to get the DD360 Wings, but don't count on actually getting them because the drop rate for the ruins which are required to create the wings are so low that I highly doubt you can recieve them with out cheating. Ok there are 4 statues in the middle of the map.
{} {}
{} {}
Put the ruins in the statue in order, and if you put it in right, the statue will turn to the center.
{d}{u}
{b}{m}
ok no more secrets :razz:
lol

Please test my map once I upload it and let me know if there are anybugs ty
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps.php?id=zveit3

{EDIT}
Ancient Lands 3 v.06 - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site
Maybe that link will work lol...

ALScreenshot2.jpg
ALScreenshot1.jpg

Team:
Dumbdumb36
Gamecrafter_DK
<If interested in helping your more than welcome>

Last edited:
Level 7
Is this the thread where i should post comments?

Anyway im gonna do it here:

I know attachment system is cool but the villager model really suck.
And please get rid of blizzard cliffs the looks so ugly.

Level 7
OK, well since I cannot upload my newer version of the map because the site wont let me, says that it is already uploaded... here is a the url to epic war Ancient Lands 3 v.06 - Warcraft 3 Maps - EpicWar.com

White, thanks for the critisism lol :) but I can't find any other models that will have the proper attachment points, that actually fit... I actually like the villager model though, but if you know of better models then please let me know. Blizzard cliffs? I didn't even know there were other options.

Currently I am not allowed to use my USB on this computer anymore, so i'm waiting till my dad goes on a trip so I can get access to his wireless router... then I will be able to upload the rest of what I need to upload such as screen shots. My step mom is evil and wont let me download models either lol...

Last edited:
Level 3
is map is gud but no ad when help plez if you no then no item no gold no wow... is uber hero while i no ubber and own creep i die

Level 7
well i know its hard to get a good model for attachment but maybe you shouldnt have it?

And about the blizzard cliffs just use raise tool. (you cant do caves then :cry:)

Level 7
Yeah I know its not protected lol... Like I said, I cannot download anything like map protectors. I'm using what little resources that I have avalable to me lol... If you want to protect it for me you can lol... I won't be releasing any newer versions untill I can actually get a map protector.

I'm actually working on two orpgs at the same time Ancient Lands is just where I'm testing things. It won't be my best work. But I'm taking everything that actually works and improving them a little like my weapon system and camera systems and putting them on my newer rpg that hasn't been released yet. So on Ancient lands I'm not too worried about how the terrain looks. I'm still going to finish it and everything and get all the bugs taken care of.

All my orpgs use attachments that show on the units, because I really dislike rpgs where they don't idk why lol... I've seen a few RPGs with models that have all the correct attachment points but I have no clue where they got the models...

I've found some bugs dude, and i only reached level 3!!! and i didn't go further because... read point 3... (i played as warlock)
1) there's a typing error in the warlocks first spell, it promises to damage 75 initaialy, and then 10 per... something, it doesn't it's just copy/pasted from the regular game.
2) when you're not wearing your staff on level 1, you can't cast your first ability, not that it matters, though.
3) i tried to open the qlog... ZAP my screen froze, and i had to close the game... i'll keep away from the quest log from now on...

Level 7
I've found some bugs dude, and i only reached level 3!!! and i didn't go further because... read point 3... (i played as warlock)
1) there's a typing error in the warlocks first spell, it promises to damage 75 initaialy, and then 10 per... something, it doesn't it's just copy/pasted from the regular game.
2) when you're not wearing your staff on level 1, you can't cast your first ability, not that it matters, though.
3) i tried to open the qlog... ZAP my screen froze, and i had to close the game... i'll keep away from the quest log from now on...

hmm... thats wierd... I haven't really gone into depth on editing the spells yet, I was using those spells for place holders for when I design new custom spells. I don't know why the quest log would do that... Its never done that to me before. I'll look to see if I have any triggers that might contribute to that though. Sorry, about your warlock. If you want me to I can recreate your lock with a special item and give you the code, lol just need to know your online user name :)

i weren't online, and he was lvl 6, so no worries... now i have a lvl 28 archer, with as good as no quests on hand... and it's ok about the placeholder spells, searing arrows = 1 hit KO. XD so... him i levelled up on single player too, so i guess he can't be played online, right?
oh, about the quest log thing, i found out it made some major lag, when you open it the first time, and then run smoothly, with the lock, i had already picked up all the starting quests...

well, things i think should be done:
1: Make new spells
2: Make more quests
3: let people know where the new towns are.
4: let people know the level for the zones.
5: fix the vampiric bow, no lifesteal.

goodbye :D

Level 7
i weren't online, and he was lvl 6, so no worries... now i have a lvl 28 archer, with as good as no quests on hand... and it's ok about the placeholder spells, searing arrows = 1 hit KO. XD so... him i levelled up on single player too, so i guess he can't be played online, right?
oh, about the quest log thing, i found out it made some major lag, when you open it the first time, and then run smoothly, with the lock, i had already picked up all the starting quests...

well, things i think should be done:
1: Make new spells
2: Make more quests
3: let people know where the new towns are.
4: let people know the level for the zones.
5: fix the vampiric bow, no lifesteal.

goodbye :D

lol yeah... thanks for the tips :)
I'm working on creating more quests, and class specific quests. And I definatley will make new spells, infact I've already make a bunch of base spells. I'm thinking about changing the exp system too. I don't really want to use the default blizzard exp system so I designed my own system where I can set level caps and still have enemy units that are higher level then the level cap. Yeah I've noticed a few item bugs too, I've only really been working on this map for a week before I took lie a 6 month break from any computer games heh... But I'm working on it.

Hehe :D i love the map, as it is now, too. just let me know when there are an update, and i'll scream like a little girl because of the excitement... not literally...

So i can't use my archer online? or what?

i just remembered some more bugs;
1) when you accept the "letter to the king" quest, one hit freddy hands you a ring, and when you deliver it, you get another ring of the same type... that's not on purpose, is it?
2) Poseidon is not spelled pesidon... or however you spelled it. :D a lot of typoes and miss-spelling... but i forgive you *heartwarming smile*
3) i went out to slay some scorpions, with the hooded man's quest... before i knew it, it was saying 14/12... it should have stopped, shouldn't it?
4) it was kinda annoying to find, that the level 6 spell of an archer, poison arrow was the same ability as the lock level 1 ability... :( but you're working on it :D
5) it pays better for my archer to have intellect, than agility nowadays, searing arrows 10 times my damage, but costs 50% of my unmodified max mana... so therefore i'm now a clever archer.
6) the hand crafted bow is actually a crossbow.

couldn't remember any more... :D i love the map :D favorite rpg... so far.

Last edited:
Level 7
Hehe :D i love the map, as it is now, too. just let me know when there are an update, and i'll scream like a little girl because of the excitement... not literally...

So i can't use my archer online? or what?

i just remembered some more bugs;
1) when you accept the "letter to the king" quest, one hit freddy hands you a ring, and when you deliver it, you get another ring of the same type... that's not on purpose, is it?
2) Poseidon is not spelled pesidon... or however you spelled it. :D a lot of typoes and miss-spelling... but i forgive you *heartwarming smile*
3) i went out to slay some scorpions, with the hooded man's quest... before i knew it, it was saying 14/12... it should have stopped, shouldn't it?
4) it was kinda annoying to find, that the level 6 spell of an archer, poison arrow was the same ability as the lock level 1 ability... :( but you're working on it :D
5) it pays better for my archer to have intellect, than agility nowadays, searing arrows 10 times my damage, but costs 50% of my unmodified max mana... so therefore i'm now a clever archer.
6) the hand crafted bow is actually a crossbow.

couldn't remember any more... :D i love the map :D favorite rpg... so far.

lol thanks, and yeah you can use your archer online. I finally got internet for a couple days so i'll finally be able to test it online lol...

Level 7
that makes me happy, not to have to level up another char... well, you are releasing the game updates in big chunks right? i think it's lame to just make small updates a lot... i just don't hope that the load / save system will be altered, as it have been in some other RPG's... well, keep up the good work!

I only updated the 4 all the way to the 6 cause it wasn't on here... a little more on that one but not much. Going to do some major work on it tomorrow.

Level 7
well... it's just to start, i guess, if you want it to be an ausumn map.

you got far? please, i'm dying!!! (for a new update)

Hey guess what, I'll be releasing a new update tomorrow night at the latest. I PROMISE! (3/31/09)
Fixed major bugs, started redoing spells and abilities. Added stealth to panther. Possably another move :p. Druid WILL recieve more moves!
-Note: single play will soon be disabled(maybe not this one but sometime later)
If an enemy unit enters the noob city, it will be removed from the game. SO if the zues bug is true, it will stop. I fixed battle, I think lol. updated a few triggers. FIXED DRUID LIFE CHANGE it is now % instead of Value. Hope this all maked you happy :p lol :) Still going to do alot more. I need to add more items. I'M GOING TO CHANGE THE QUEST SYSTEM! because it hates me.

It sounds good *overexcited smile* :D i would have offered my help, if it wasn't because my hero defense needs attention... and mr. goblins hero survival / RPG... and my 2 sideprojects... a campaign and an island-trolls-tribe lookalike... and 2 rpg-ideas in my head... and a TD idea, also in my head... i'm putting my sideprojects on hold..., just realised i spend way too much time with the editor :(

Level 7
It sounds good *overexcited smile* :D i would have offered my help, if it wasn't because my hero defense needs attention... and mr. goblins hero survival / RPG... and my 2 sideprojects... a campaign and an island-trolls-tribe lookalike... and 2 rpg-ideas in my head... and a TD idea, also in my head... i'm putting my sideprojects on hold..., just realised i spend way too much time with the editor :(

lol same. I have night school so it will be uploaded after Night school. 10:00 pacific/moutain time.

lol same. I have night school so it will be uploaded after Night school. 10:00 pacific/moutain time.

And what is the pacific time offset? I am in zone +0100

Edit; OH!!! i just realised, that i were writing in the map development thing... and not at the map... i feel odd... it's been released!!! already... v. 07... and the map site really works now... or is a new one on the way?

... my god i use those triple dots a lot.

Last edited:
My bro and i played, and found numerous bugs:
1: druids have only 1 ability
2: ability learn tooltips aint what the ability really does.
3: numerous colour code on item errors.
4: items don't always do what they say they do.
5: you can enter orb circles while in stealth.
6: when you enter the first circle, in the murloc instance, the murlocs respawn. not good. and then we died because of it, and then entered again, and they re-respawned.
7: alot of enemies respawn in like 20 seconds max, especially in the zombie instance, and the ghost/vampire region. instance creeps shouldn't respawn while players are in the dungeon right?
8: all units of the zombie instance isn't classified as 'undead', rendering the holy light ability only half as useful.
9: we lured a pit lord in the small camp, and tehn a guard went out to kill it, and so he kept on standing out there, slaying it over and over again.
10: no quests from level 15 to 50 -.-
11: i, as a cleric, picked up the death steel armor... i think it was called, but i couldn't keep the armor, since it wasn't for my class, and it was dropped from me, but the colour coding coming with the armor sticked to me.
12: a level 35/53 (not sure which one) item dropped from a ghost.
13: a vampire stopped spawning... does this happen when they've been killed a lot of times?
14: lot of staves don't say, that druids can hold them.
15: no armor, besides all classes (of which there are very few) can be used by cleric and druid.

'nuff of bugs... couldn't remember them all, i think.

suggestions:
set all skill hotkeys in this order: "qwer" and then the teleport home is T.
make more potions.
make more buyable items.
MAKE MORE QUESTS!!!
Hire me!!! i really want to join the team of this awesome RPG... i can do a lot of quests, as long as you show me a system to put them up in (to make them fit) i can also do spelling checks... there was some... typoes... i can also do bugreduction. i really want to join ;) and this long post, i hope, proves how much i like working, and using, this RPG. I can also do triggers, although i'm quite sure, that you have that part mostly covered.

Level 7
My bro and i played, and found numerous bugs:
1: druids have only 1 ability
2: ability learn tooltips aint what the ability really does.
3: numerous colour code on item errors.
4: items don't always do what they say they do.
5: you can enter orb circles while in stealth.
6: when you enter the first circle, in the murloc instance, the murlocs respawn. not good. and then we died because of it, and then entered again, and they re-respawned.
7: alot of enemies respawn in like 20 seconds max, especially in the zombie instance, and the ghost/vampire region. instance creeps shouldn't respawn while players are in the dungeon right?
8: all units of the zombie instance isn't classified as 'undead', rendering the holy light ability only half as useful.
9: we lured a pit lord in the small camp, and tehn a guard went out to kill it, and so he kept on standing out there, slaying it over and over again.
10: no quests from level 15 to 50 -.-
11: i, as a cleric, picked up the death steel armor... i think it was called, but i couldn't keep the armor, since it wasn't for my class, and it was dropped from me, but the colour coding coming with the armor sticked to me.
12: a level 35/53 (not sure which one) item dropped from a ghost.
13: a vampire stopped spawning... does this happen when they've been killed a lot of times?
14: lot of staves don't say, that druids can hold them.
15: no armor, besides all classes (of which there are very few) can be used by cleric and druid.

'nuff of bugs... couldn't remember them all, i think.

suggestions:
set all skill hotkeys in this order: "qwer" and then the teleport home is T.
make more potions.
make more buyable items.
MAKE MORE QUESTS!!!
Hire me!!! i really want to join the team of this awesome RPG... i can do a lot of quests, as long as you show me a system to put them up in (to make them fit) i can also do spelling checks... there was some... typoes... i can also do bugreduction. i really want to join ;) and this long post, i hope, proves how much i like working, and using, this RPG. I can also do triggers, although i'm quite sure, that you have that part mostly covered.

I already accepted you to the team. I had to reinstall Warcraft III so I lost all my new updates. so we will have to work from .07 again. Feel free to fix those bugs. I will not be able to get on untill late tomorrow due to night school. Druids can wear all leather armors.

I'll fix them... but i 'accidentally' opened your map and set the xp gain to x18 instead of x10... :p i'll download a new one.

I've added 2 quests, and one secret... and i've fixed these points:
... umm... i aided no. 10 a bit...
and... uhhh.... i changed teh cracked staff's description to also fit in on dr00ds
... not the biggest, i tells ya, but at least, now i know the map as my own... nearly, not sure on some of those systems and so. So i guess my job will just be making quests :D (i hope i may :) )

summup on the q's:
1: A dead necromancer's soul have been bound to a crystal, carried by a demon. there's a chance, that any one demon will drop it, after the quest have been acquired. The crystal will automatically dissapate after some time, when you find it, or you can pick it up to destroy it. then you go back to the necromancer, and he gives you 750 xp, and a necromancer's ring. 4 int, 1 armor.
2: the water spirits of the sea, are longing to come into contact with the freshwater spirits on land, but the tainted ghosts stop them from connecting with them. the sea spirits wants you to slay 20, as they respawn a lot, but once killed that many times, some will be gone, and others are having a hard time, clinging on to the connection. the quest is obtained at a secret place.
--- I'm planning to also make a lvl 30 - kill bears + owls quest, but i can't find anything to do on lvl 40...

My secret: I made a secret island (hope it's okay :D) where there's clams all over (my name's The_Clam ;) ) where the necromancer you helped before have settled. and he's harvesting clams... as a hobby. and as an extra reward, he makes you a shield, from some clams put together, making a fragile, but surprisingly good at catching the enemies' weapons, making them do no damage (+1 armor, 6% block)

Last edited:
Level 7
I'll fix them... but i 'accidentally' opened your map and set the xp gain to x18 instead of x10... :p i'll download a new one.

I've added 2 quests, and one secret... and i've fixed these points:
... umm... i aided no. 10 a bit...
and... uhhh.... i changed teh cracked staff's description to also fit in on dr00ds
... not the biggest, i tells ya, but at least, now i know the map as my own... nearly, not sure on some of those systems and so. So i guess my job will just be making quests :D (i hope i may :) )

summup on the q's:
1: A dead necromancer's soul have been bound to a crystal, carried by a demon. there's a chance, that any one demon will drop it, after the quest have been acquired. The crystal will automatically dissapate after some time, when you find it, or you can pick it up to destroy it. then you go back to the necromancer, and he gives you 750 xp, and a necromancer's ring. 4 int, 1 armor.
2: the water spirits of the sea, are longing to come into contact with the freshwater spirits on land, but the tainted ghosts stop them from connecting with them. the sea spirits wants you to slay 20, as they respawn a lot, but once killed that many times, some will be gone, and others are having a hard time, clinging on to the connection. the quest is obtained at a secret place.
--- I'm planning to also make a lvl 30 - kill bears + owls quest, but i can't find anything to do on lvl 40...

My secret: I made a secret island (hope it's okay :D) where there's clams all over (my name's The_Clam ;) ) where the necromancer you helped before have settled. and he's harvesting clams... as a hobby. and as an extra reward, he makes you a shield, from some clams put together, making a fragile, but surprisingly good at catching the enemies' weapons, making them do no damage (+1 armor, 6% block)

ok. Level 40 you can create some sort of quest to do with the valcanic Island if you like. And for that shield "catching enemies' weapons"?

it's just to make people get a little variation in their shields, not making block and armor go hand in hand all the time...
I've made 2 more q's! 1: kill bears, 2: kill owls, they're in a chain. are you going to get online today? i don't know if you live in some crazy time zone, where my GMT +1 zone can't get in touch with you.
Edit: oh, BTW, isn't it volcanic island? or is spelling it that way on purpose?

Last edited:
Level 7
it's just to make people get a little variation in their shields, not making block and armor go hand in hand all the time...
I've made 2 more q's! 1: kill bears, 2: kill owls, they're in a chain. are you going to get online today? i don't know if you live in some crazy time zone, where my GMT +1 zone can't get in touch with you.
Edit: oh, BTW, isn't it volcanic island? or is spelling it that way on purpose?

does it say Vulcan's? I cant remember right now lol...
do you play on us West?

... OOOkay ;) you know... my 36 barbarian can't survive without a healer, i was thinking that we could set the hp pr. str to 7 instead of 5? it makes your hp amount look really cool... and also, i suggest we should lower the mana pr. int to 13 or so, also to make it look better, and just decrease mana by just a bit... whaddaya say? :D not by personal causes, but everyone have unrealistically low hp... this is pretty much a WoW look-a-like... but people don't have like, 20 slots for armor and weps, so we got to ramp the statting bonuses just a bit...

Oh, BTW, the dr00ds... i've added maul to the bear form, and bear strength to that form too, giving +25 str, and +10 agi, and the cat form have +25 agi, and +10 str... to make it worth shapeshifting... since you have no items... and there's a bug in the dr00d system, that my bro have abused violently, giving 100% hp 'n' mana, and no cooldowns, whenever he shapeshift, is there a reason why you don't use the 'unit - replace' action?

(p.s., i've just gotten the new internet explorer, and a new speed of internet, INSTANT opening of ANY THW page!!! i luv u hive! <3)

Level 7
... OOOkay ;) you know... my 36 barbarian can't survive without a healer, i was thinking that we could set the hp pr. str to 7 instead of 5? it makes your hp amount look really cool... and also, i suggest we should lower the mana pr. int to 13 or so, also to make it look better, and just decrease mana by just a bit... whaddaya say? :D not by personal causes, but everyone have unrealistically low hp... this is pretty much a WoW look-a-like... but people don't have like, 20 slots for armor and weps, so we got to ramp the statting bonuses just a bit...

Oh, BTW, the dr00ds... i've added maul to the bear form, and bear strength to that form too, giving +25 str, and +10 agi, and the cat form have +25 agi, and +10 str... to make it worth shapeshifting... since you have no items... and there's a bug in the dr00d system, that my bro have abused violently, giving 100% hp 'n' mana, and no cooldowns, whenever he shapeshift, is there a reason why you don't use the 'unit - replace' action?

(p.s., i've just gotten the new internet explorer, and a new speed of internet, INSTANT opening of ANY THW page!!! i luv u hive! <3)

the unit replace action only works once, in the new version I thought I set it to hp/mana % when you shape shift. Yes the hp thing is fine. Keep up the good work :)

Level 7
i will :D well, i'll send you a preview now... and i've added it to be so, that i also can use the 'cheats' :p

lol. But the cheats will be deleted in the final version :p they are just for testing levels and stuff

{EDIT}
Gamecrafter_DK said:

lol yeah. Sorry about how slow I'm being at responding. Got a lot going on especially since its easter weekend and prom is coming up next month night school etc.

So far I'm very please with what you have contributed to my RPG :) There will be some armor sets dedicated to your efforts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.