• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ancient City

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
Info

This is a continuation of Tropic Adventure. This time you start with two heroes - a warrior and a paladin. If you play solo you can control both heroes. You can also play with one friend in multiplayer.
details

You are sent by the hero from Tropic Adventure to slay a naga witch.
You start with your hero Warrior or Paladin. If there is no other player yo uare given control over the other hero also.
There is only one shop in the map from which yo can buy ankh of reincarnation, heal your hit points or mana instantly, or buy potions.
In order to make your way you have to slay minibosses to get keys from them.
Changelog

05.09.16 - version 1.0.0
Protected: No
Play Time: ~30 minutes
Previews
Contents

Ancient City (Map)

Level 26
THe warrior cannot use his ultimate, since he does not have enough max mana
The other guys ultimate doesn't stun as it says it should

Kinda op the invulnerability, but would barely be manageable without it.
You should display how much health the warrrior will heal from his first ability somewhere.

A very easy, but also very slow gameplay.
There is not much thinking to do. Just bash your enemies all the time, using the same ability sequence.

It works as intended, mostly, so it can be approved after a few fixes.

Try to make the gamepaly more exciting too. Perhaps add a few permanent items? so taht you have to deal them between your heroes in a good manner?

Awaiting Update.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
-the user interface looks weird on the right side
-Bladestorm wants 200 mana but the Warrior has 100 maximum

This map needs gameplay variety: items, monsters, spells. It's mostly kill units on the map waiting for you.

2/5.

Hello, just tested the map, here's my review
1-Nodescript ingame map description
2-Warrior cannot use his ultimate as it needs 200 mana, he only has 100
3-The Paladin's ultimate doesn't stun as it says in the tooltip
4-Warrior's Thunderclap is so weak you wouldn't want to get it
5-Only 5 items, 4 of which are identical to each other
6-Bosses are boring and don't use special tactics
7-Terrain could improve
8-Tooltips could improve

Overall, I'm rating this map 3/5 will improve my rating when necessary fixes are applied, you can also tell me if you're dissatisfied with my rating and I'll gladly remove my rating and comment.

Level 23
Gonna move this to substandard.

There's nothing wrong with making a short and simple map.
However, if you decide to make something that seems like it could be made in a weekend; it better be flawless.
Most maps created over the 24-hr mini contests boast far more development and content than this one.

Default skills, unformatted tooltips, icon positioning errors and mana cost errors are unforgivable considering you only had 2 heroes, 4 skills each to manage.

Mechanically the game is incredibly dull. Both heroes and monsters have huge amounts of life, the only skills monsters seem to have are defensive ones like curse/heal/stun or frost armor.
The map mostly involves slowly grinding down high life, non-threatening foes while collecting key after key to unlock a succession of doors.
Its as if the map is built around trying to make the 64x64 dungeon last as long as possible; while being as uninteresting as possible.

Last edited: