• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tropic Adventure Re-Remastered

Tropic Adventure

By Stan0033

Description
This is single player escape map where you must kill all the creeps in order to make your way to the end.
I made this map back in 2010, but now that I re-discovered it and I added triggers to it, sky, loading screen and other stuff.
Features
• Creeps to kill.
• Random items that are dropped from them and which make your hero stronger
• The hero abilities are customized.
• Checkpoints. When your hero dies he will resurrect on the last checkpoint.
• To unlock the way ahead you must kill the creeps.
• Ending cinematic

2014edited the map, changed the tiels a bit, added trigggers, and changed trash.
10.03.14fixed some things they told me.
08.04.14 08:30changed items you can buy,items don't have long replenishment interval, raised a bit the terrain, you don't have problems with leveling.

04/11/15Changes in the remastered version:
- Some changes to terrain, doodads. units.
- Added difficulty. Easy: 50% handicap. Normal. Hard: 150% handicap, 50% increased damage. Critical Strike
- Your hero's abilities are now customized: lightning hammer, critical strike, wind shield, Soul Burn
- Tileset is changed to Sunken ruins
- world drop items. Random items have a chance to drop from every single enemy unit.
- the map is no longer protected :)-
- Unique Item System is included
- other
22nd December 2021Re-Remastered:
replaced model of palm tree
replaced the model of the hero
replaced the model of the proejctile of Lightning Hammer
replaced tileset texture of sand
replaced tileset texture of dirt
the hero has new abilities
the ability Wind Shield repalaced with Mass Freeze
health bar texture replaced
selection circle texture replaced
Added music

Contents

Tropic Adventure Re-Remastered (Map)

Reviews
18:41, 8th Apr 2014 Hell_Master: Map approved with a rating of 2/5 (Lacking). See eubz's review regarding the map:

M

18:41, 8th Apr 2014
Hell_Master: Map approved with a rating of 2/5 (Lacking). See eubz's review regarding the map:

eubz;2509120 said:

Re-review

Map Title: Tropic Adventure
Map Author/Uploader: Created By stan0033
Reviewer: eubz
[TD]

Review

[/TD]

Tropic Adventure is a escape type of map. You will have to do whatsoever you have to do inorder to escape the island. The gameplay is very simple, you will pass into many creeps and deal with them if you want to survive. I couldn't say more on the triggering because the map is somewhat locked/protected but I see no lags as I played the map.

This uses default hero abilities meaning nothing you can see new which pertains to the spells of the hero. No custom models as well. All you can see are the default units of warcraft 3. Here you can see some murlocks/murgols, bandits, and nagas in your way.

Nothing really so special in this map.

[TD]

Suggestions

[/TD]

Try to add some new stuffs here. Might be new spells, new units, etc. Also, I don't know why you have that tower item at the start. What's its usefulness in the map. You can replace that with something useful in a escape map. You can also add some more items aside from the items you used here. I am wondering why there is an Arcane Vault in the area. Is this area ones inhabited by humans and then they fled away because of the growing population of creeps? Actually, you can change this to something like a neutral unit or a goblin merchant.
[TD]

Vote

[/TD]

The map is playable with single player and could be acceptable. Approve with a rating 2/5 (Acceptable) because what you can only see are the default warcraft 3 units, items, hero and spells. And some unfitting units that I have seen.

Level 10
review
1. You have point/location leaks in your init trigger and some other triggers that use locations.
2. The use of tile variation is good but the terrain is flat. You could raise some areas to have terrain slope variation.
3. I think the lake at the middle eats much space in the map but this is not a big issue.
4. You could have added more neutral units and some custom weather effects and the like.
5. Add what type of map is this.
Rating soon.

Additional things to look into:
1. In your quest, "escape this island" is not enough to direct a player what to do in your map. Add some more explaining a bit about what should a player do.
2. Text messages for every event should be present.
3. In the undead region, instead of the pathing blockers use invulnerable gate that only opens once the task is done.
4. It is a wise decision to remove pathing blockers in some of the areas like what I said above and in the area where there is some crates and barrels to destroy. I think blockers there is not important because there is no special event that occurs in that area.
5. What's the reason of removing those circle of powers after they are rescued? It is better if you remove one if the other one has been rescued. This is to set the revival point right?
6. (Position of hero) in your ressurect trigger should be set in a variable and should be removed after revival.

RATING: 2/5 needs fix
New review here

Last edited:
Some of your tips are redundant and useless, as this is my idea and map. Here are the changes I made - the crossed text is fixed. the underlined will not be changed.

review
1. You have point/location leaks in your init trigger and some other triggers that use locations.
2. The use of tile variation is good but the terrain is flat. You could raise some areas to have terrain slope variation.
3. I think the lake at the middle eats much space in the map but this is not a big issue. - you ask me to change my map entirely, just because you don't like it? no way...
4. You could have added more neutral units and some custom weather effects and the like.
5. Add what type of map is this.

Additional things to look into:
1. In your quest, "escape this island" is not enough to direct a player what to do in your map. Add some more explaining a bit about what should a player do.
2. Text messages for every event should be present.
3. In the undead region, instead of the pathing blockers use invulnerable gate that only opens once the task is done. - This is trifle.
4. It is a wise decision to remove pathing blockers in some of the areas like what I said above and in the area where there is some crates and barrels to destroy. I think blockers there is not important because there is no special event that occurs in that area. - I don't think the same way you do.
5. What's the reason of removing those circle of powers after they are rescued? It is better if you remove one if the other one has been rescued. This is to set the revival point right?
6. (Position of hero) in your ressurect trigger should be set in a variable and should be removed after revival.
UPDATED

Last edited:
Please, do fix what is shown in the image:
attachment.php

1. I think the lake at the middle eats much space in the map but this is not a big issue.
This is just a suggestion. If you don't want it, it's just fine.

In the undead region, instead of the pathing blockers use invulnerable gate that only opens once the task is done.
It is a wise decision to remove pathing blockers in some of the areas like what I said above and in the area where there is some crates and barrels to destroy. I think blockers there is not important because there is no special event that occurs in that area.
Would increase rating if you do what I stated above about pathing blockers.

NOTE:
I see changes and that's good. Hey, I like your map a lot it's just that there are some issues You must tackle in making this better. I'll set my rating 3/5 if you fix what is shown by the image above.

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 9,077
There are still things you have to review in your map:
1. You have to pause all units at the end of the game or you can make everyone allied because when a cinematic is played, there are still fighting units. I win just by killing one naga royal guard.
2. The hero stops leveling up after level 5 and then, as to my surprise, it levels up to 6 and none follows. Please, fix this.
3. Tell the player how to destroy the portal because I was like thinking how to do this until I found out that you must stand in a naga circle because you will be given a spell to destroy the portal. The spell's x,y position is not fixed. I guess its 3-2 and it uses the hero's ultimate spell. Please fix this also.
You have made some updates here and I am glad you did it. You might want to do some pointers I said above.

Last edited:
Do you have plans to make triggered spells for your hero? Because your hero has only default abilities.
EDIT
Try to add this trigger and let us see what will happen:
  • LevelUp
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.01 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Hero - Make (Owner of OurHero) Heroes gain 90.00% experience from future kills

Last edited:
Level 17
You don't need triggers

There is a line in game constant
Xp from monsters :
its written 80, 70, 60, 50, 0 (Default)

This show the percentage of Xp a hero will get in your game from killing monsters :
lvl 1 your hero will get 80%
lvl 2 your hero will get 70%
lvl 3 your hero will get 60%
lvl 4 your hero will get 50%
after lvl 5 your hero will get 0%

You have (I think) to remove every value and just write 90

Re-review

Map Title: Tropic Adventure
Map Author/Uploader: Created By Bluehelff ; Uploaded by: stan0033
Reviewer: eubz
[TD]

Review

[/TD]

Tropic Adventure is a escape type of map. You will have to do whatsoever you have to do inorder to escape the island. The gameplay is very simple, you will pass into many creeps and deal with them if you want to survive. I couldn't say more on the triggering because the map is somewhat locked/protected but I see no lags as I played the map.

This uses default hero abilities meaning nothing you can see new which pertains to the spells of the hero. No custom models as well. All you can see are the default units of warcraft 3. Here you can see some murlocks/murgols, bandits, and nagas in your way.

Nothing really so special in this map.

[TD]

Suggestions

[/TD]

Try to add some new stuffs here. Might be new spells, new units, etc. Also, I don't know why you have that tower item at the start. What's its usefulness in the map. You can replace that with something useful in a escape map. You can also add some more items aside from the items you used here. I am wondering why there is an Arcane Vault in the area. Is this area ones inhabited by humans and then they fled away because of the growing population of creeps? Actually, you can change this to something like a neutral unit or a goblin merchant.
[TD]

Vote

[/TD]

The map is playable with single player and could be acceptable. Approve with a rating 2/5 (Acceptable) because what you can only see are the default warcraft 3 units, items, hero and spells. And some unfitting units that I have seen.

Level 6
The triggers are very simple to me and the leveling you should check the game constants if you want the hero only gain ex form killing set the global distribution to false

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Pardon me but how was this approved if it is lacking a lot of things? I also see that the ratings weren't that friendly either :/ I will not change its status although I should, but because it was approved in 2014 based on idk what criteria I only suggest you to improve it. You have a start from where to build on ❄️

Pardon me but how was this approved if it is lacking a lot of things? I also see that the ratings weren't that friendly either :/ I will not change its status although I should, but because it was approved in 2014 based on idk what criteria I only suggest you to improve it. You have a start from where to build on ❄️
I just made it look nicer and you tell me it's lacking.. the purpose of this SIMPLE map is to be straightforward escape map. Idk what you want from me. And yes, it's old map, approved in 2014 :)

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

I just made it look nicer and you tell me it's lacking.. the purpose of this SIMPLE map is to be straightforward escape map. Idk what you want from me. And yes, it's old map, approved in 2014 :)
Haven't tested it indeed. I just took a look throughout the comments and checked the ratings, you know those count as well as feedback, right? That's why I told you to improve it. And trust me, there is always room for improvement...no matter the game or the genre! :D