• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tropical DeathWish

Updated! See changlelog!

?Tropical Deathwish?

By LichKings Slave

Gameplay
[tr]
An ancient land which belonged to the farmers, now destroyed by there least feared enemy, The jungle...
After years and years since their death the jungle has overtaken this land and claimed it as its own, Strange wanderers, trolls and the very murloc now run the jungle with their breed. Spiders love the smell ove the mutant mushrooms murloc's lay their eggs near prey and the trolls just waiting for the moment to go to the feast and feed on human flesh and bone!
Your Race is not welcome here, you have sentenced your own Deathwish coming here!

Screenshots
[tr]

Features
[tr]
Melee Map
2 Player
Fast Pace
Lots of Creeps
Cool Terrain
Lots of shops
Lots of space

Credits
[tr]
-Just Me so Far.

Changelog
[tr]
Removed sevraral doodads, moved statue, added doodads, created more space, removed creeps, added creeps.
Map Description Generator ?By Vengeancekael?

Keywords:
Troll, murloc, death, wish, fast, slow, cool, no water, animal.
Contents

Tropical DeathWish (Map)

Reviews
Orcnet21:14, 18th June 2013 Map Approved Tropical Deathwish (No Version/s Stated) RateScorePercentLetter 5/591-100A RateScorePercentLetter 4/581-90%B RateScorePercentLetter 3/575-80%C RateScorePercentLetter 2/570-74%D...

M

1b5e5a7776e87f86f9c6951fa3dad711_64508.gif
Orcnet21:14, 18th June 2013

Comment

Review

Map Approved
Tropical Deathwish (No Version/s Stated)

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
5/591-100A

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
4/581-90%B

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
3/575-80%C

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
2/570-74%D

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
1/550-69%F

Overview:

Gameplay

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Tropical DeathWish" is a 1v1 Melee map.

"Looks good and no much problem with the creep difficulty and placing, neutral buildings are fairly placed but I don't think this map deserves a goblin laboratory, its a one-way maze look like so diving in with a zeppelin is a bit exaggerated how about replace them with mercenary camps it would suffice."

Terrain

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Terrain looks fine as well no much problems but the middle part needs some cleaning maintenance the destroyed gate makes it only look dirty."

Management

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"To my observations, map is useful with creep difficulty in good shape and placed player bases away to each."

Total Score:

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
9/1580%C

Level 13
For fun, I reviewed your map, here's my thoughts:
the good (requirements met):
-enough resources, space, and creeps for a solid melee game
-terrain looks fine (but I am not very good at assessing this sort of thing - I defer you to others for better feedback on the terrain).

the bad: (things that render your map 'broken')
-creeps guarding tavern.

the quirks: (uncommon things that are still okay)
-a lot of pathing bottlenecks. This map screams for an air strategy, but there are observatories as well
-you have orange creep drops at 'level 1' items and green creep drops at 'level 3' items. But since the map is symmetric, this is fine.
-natural expansions are close to enemy starting locations, and (as it happens) 'enemy' observatories. Though the overall layout of the map seems to demand an air strategy, this feature serves as encouragement for each player to at least purchase a zeppelin.

suggestions (my own personal ideas)
-create some kind of 'entrance' to the starting locations. Right now the bases are a little too open, which eliminates the possibility of some early defense strategies.
-make the terrain behind and around each natural expansion unbuildable (with adequate area for a town hall), so that defending against a zeppelin isn't completely trivialized by amassing towers. Room for a couple of towers is fine.

At least remove the bad and I would vote for approval.

For fun, I reviewed your map, here's my thoughts:
the good (requirements met):
-enough resources, space, and creeps for a solid melee game
-terrain looks fine (but I am not very good at assessing this sort of thing - I defer you to others for better feedback on the terrain).

the bad: (things that render your map 'broken')
-creeps guarding tavern.

the quirks: (uncommon things that are still okay)
-a lot of pathing bottlenecks. This map screams for an air strategy, but there are observatories as well
-you have orange creep drops at 'level 1' items and green creep drops at 'level 3' items. But since the map is symmetric, this is fine.
-natural expansions are close to enemy starting locations, and (as it happens) 'enemy' observatories. Though the overall layout of the map seems to demand an air strategy, this feature serves as encouragement for each player to at least purchase a zeppelin.

suggestions (my own personal ideas)
-create some kind of 'entrance' to the starting locations. Right now the bases are a little too open, which eliminates the possibility of some early defense strategies.
-make the terrain behind each natural expansion unbuildable, so that defending against a zeppelin isn't completely trivialized.

At least remove the bad and I would vote for approval.

Ok :) ill fice them asap

Level 10
Please change the name of the file it's called Kewl.w3m

Also just a review I had time to do (Don't take it to negatively this is healthy criticism)

Good
- You use decent tile patterns, but could be better
- The overall terrain structure is cool
- Expansions are alright....

Bad
- You to cram to much into small spaces resulting in an ugly look
- Symmetry is not the greatest (look at the top left hand corner and the bottom right hand corner, or look at the centre path at how different the right hand is to the left)
- Doodads are placed in large amounts and irregularly
- Creeps are guarding the tavern
- No use of the raise and lower tool

Fixes:
- I don't know why but before the expansion you have a skull on a stick and a pile of bones. This is not pleasing to the eye so remove it, since all it is making is a ugly path blocker.
- Please move the murloc huts closer to the trees so they are not as out in the open.
- Add dirt around the edges of NPC buildings (taverns, Goblin laboratory) since it is to add realism
- There are lots of doodads placed in the wrong areas and I'm not talking about mushrooms, I mean like logs in the open (That should be next to trees), and statues infront of creep camps such as the one guarding Golbin Laboratory on the bottom right hand of the map.

Suggestion for next map:
- Try to keep in mind symmetry (This includes trees) and size of areas, since it is a key part of melee and can cause people to dislike it if not executed properly.
- If you are adding anything specific to change some minor aspect of gameplay, let the community know in the description

I would give this a 2/5, but I will not, since you are going to update it (I hope)