• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Am I the first one to see this distinct connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I've found incredibly vivid similarities while reading the Naruto series that I'm sure most of you already noticed. But in the interest of the public and to start a few debates I wanted to present to you Harry Potter,Naruto and Lord of the Rings.

Naruto - Ninja school = Harry = Wizard school
Orochimaru's symbol = snakes, Orochimaru = post antagonist
Voldmort's symbol = snakes, Voldmort = antagonist
Number of AKtasuki members = nine, number of nazguls(ringwraiths) = nine
nazgul dress up = black, Akatsuki dress up = black with silly red clouds

I've also found similarities between Harry Potter and Wheel of Time series.

Wheel of Time there is a school of witchcraft for witches named Aes Sedai.
Wheel of Time antagonist ShaiTan or the Dark One should not be named directly in the fear of being located and have dark minions sent upon you (exactly the same with last of Harry Potter books where wizards who say Voldmort's name are chased down by his death eaters, plus the whole facade the series make about saying the antagonist's name)
Wheel of Time Draghkar are flying creatures that are completely black and suck people's souls leaving their victims empty shells. (Dementors sound familiar to you?)

These are the links between Harry Potter an many other works. Of course there aren't any visible links between Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter but if you read closely, I'm sure you'll find a few subtle ones. So is Harry Potter really original as J.crap rowling tells her fans? "One day, I just thought of the name Harry and everything started popping out from my head" - Rowling, is that true Rowling? IS IT? Or are you just another family guy in literature?

Level 36
Hello. If you do some research (wow image that) you'll realize that the entire series is based on works beyond your comprehension. The Alchemical Wedding? Check. Pride and Prejudice? Check. Not modern fantasy. The plot, the overall storyarch, is based around the entire Alchemical work. The 7 stages. The seven books. Each book represents a different stage in the Grand work.

Make some REAL claims when you've done some original research.

Level 2
Err what?

Hello. If you do some research (wow image that) you'll realize that the entire series is based on works beyond your comprehension. The Alchemical Wedding? Check. Pride and Prejudice? Check. Not modern fantasy. The plot, the overall storyarch, is based around the entire Alchemical work. The 7 stages. The seven books. Each book represents a different stage in the Grand work.

Make some REAL claims when you've done some original research.

Do you even know what alchemical work means? Cause I think you're just immitating some Harry Potter fan speech except you're using the words wrong, what does prejudice and pride has anything to do with alchemy? What th hell? Alchemy was conducts made by a bunch of stupid scientists in the middle ages trying turn common metal into gold. Buddy, I think you need to get off the crack, and maye put life on number two in the list of what you need to get off.:xxd:

Level 36
1) The Alchemical Work is the process of turning lead into gold, and producing the Philosophical Child, aka the Philosopher's Stone. Each phase not only deals with the transformation of lead, but also with the purification of the Alchemist's soul. The rough outline of the Alchemical Wedding transfers itself into each book. For example, Order of the Phoenix is the darkest book in the series. Harry is angry throughout, bad things happening all over Hogwarts, Sirius dies. Why? It's the Nigredo, the Fifth stage in the Alchemical Work. That's just ONE example.

2) Pride and Prejudice is a book, asswhipe. It has nothing to do with Alchemy, but Jane Austin is one of Rowling's chief inspirations, thus Harry Potter draws some minor influences from there as well.

Level 2
You're dumb, last reply never talk again brad

1) The Alchemical Work is the process of turning lead into gold, and producing the Philospohical Child, aka the Philosopher's Stone. Each phase not only deals with the transformation of lead, but also with the purification of the Alchemist's soul. The rough outline of the Alchemical Wedding transfers itself into each book. For example, Order of the Phoenix is the darkest book in the series. Harry is angry throughout, bad things happening all over Hogwarts, Sirius dies. Why? It's the Nigredo, the Fifth stage in the Alchemical Work. That's just ONE example.

Pride and Prejudice is a book, asswhipe. It has nothing to do with Alchemy, but Jane Austin is one of Rowling's chief inspirations, thus Harry Potter draws some minor influences from there as well.

What does chief inspiration has anything to do with what I was talking about. Are you brain dead read properly when did I ever quote that J.K.Rowling's written her entire series out of the examples I presented. All I did was give a few examples of the literatures she ripped off of recent authors without giving any credits or knowledge. Maybe if you didn't read retarded crap like alchemy, which was completely useless and without purpose, maybe you'd understand modern english. And don't say alchemy served a purpose in history, was it them who discovered element decay? No they were useless, if you can't achieve the goal you set out in the beginning you're dirt. Do you think Einstein was acknowledged cause he "worked hard"?

Level 26
If two or three similarities were enough to declare plagiarism, I'd be fucking rich by now.

Harry Potter and Naruto do share a lot of similarities, however, but seeing as Harry Potter was made two years before Naruto, it'd be safe to assume that it is more likely Naruto is stealing from Harry Potter than vice versa.

EDIT:
Maybe if you didn't read retarded crap like alchemy, which was completely useless and without purpose, maybe you'd understand modern english. And don't say alchemy served a purpose in history, was it them who discovered element decay? No they were useless, if you can't achieve the goal you set out in the beginning you're dirt. Do you think Einstein was acknowledged cause he "worked hard"?
Do you understand modern English, you stupid piece of shit? Your horrendous grammar says otherwise. Furthermore, "Brad talked about magic. Therefore he believes in magic."

READING YOUR LOGIC IS LIKE TAKING A GRANITE TABLE AND USING IT TO SAW OFF MY TESTICLES.

Level 36
Furthermore, Wheel of Time is high-fantasy bullshit, so why would you want to steal from it anyway? The premise is completely different. Lord of the Rings? I wont deny that the MOVIES have certainly taken influence from each other (Movie Nazgul anyone?) but I don't think the books have anything in common at all.

Level 27
Naruto - Ninja school = Harry = Wizard school
Magic is a very common theme, and a school is often used to teach things. Do you think everyone just knows magic right away? Of course not, this would change the entire stories.
Orochimaru's symbol = snakes, Orochimaru = post antagonist
Voldmort's symbol = snakes, Voldmort = antagonist
And snakes being portrayed as evil is very, very, common as well.
Number of AKtasuki members = nine, number of nazguls(ringwraiths) = nine
Number of toes I haven't broken: 9. D: Freaky eh?
nazgul dress up = black, Akatsuki dress up = black with silly red clouds
Bad guys often wear black.
Wheel of Time there is a school of witchcraft for witches named Aes Sedai.
Again, magic is often taught at a school so that not everyone in the story can cast every spell in th book. Very common.
Wheel of Time antagonist ShaiTan or the Dark One should not be named directly in the fear of being located and have dark minions sent upon you (exactly the same with last of Harry Potter books where wizards who say Voldmort's name are chased down by his death eaters, plus the whole facade the series make about saying the antagonist's name)
Less common, but not unique enough to say one stole it from the other.
Wheel of Time Draghkar are flying creatures that are completely black and suck people's souls leaving their victims empty shells. (Dementors sound familiar to you?)
Do you have any idea how many creatures suck out souls? This is very, very, common.
These are the links between Harry Potter an many other works. Of course there aren't any visible links between Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter but if you read closely, I'm sure you'll find a few subtle ones.
They both contain the letter "r", "o", "t", and "e" in their titles, perhaps they means that both "rote" something.
So is Harry Potter really original as J.crap rowling tells her fans? "One day, I just thought of the name Harry and everything started popping out from my head" - Rowling, is that true Rowling?
Who cares?

Level 25
You got it all wrong

Orochimaru or whatever he's called is based off a traditional Japanese myth. Also, I'm quite sure it derives from Orochi, the 8 headed demon serpent from Japanese mythology

Voldemort's snake symbol probably derives from how, in classical Christianity, snakes were seen as evil. Two completely different cultures there buddy

And congratulations on your lower points. Books have evil villains. Who tend to dress in black, seeing as it is seen as a colour of evil and such. Why the devil are you bother pointing out recent things rather than going for broke and going for Mordred from Arthurian legends I will never know, seeing as pretty much any fantasy story derives from it in some manner

EDIT

While I'm at it, Dementors and whatever-the-hells? They're both based off the traditional Wraith myth. You know, undead spirit thing that appears like a funeral shroud that floats around of its own free will? Dementors and whatever-the-hells

Oh, and by the way, alchemy was important in history you ignorant fool. How the heck else did they discover radiation in the first place? Alchemy is how. Without alchemy, we wouldn't have had chemistry at all

Level 2
Furthermore, Wheel of Time is high-fantasy bullshit, so why would you want to steal from it anyway? The premise is completely different. Lord of the Rings? I wont deny that the MOVIES have certainly taken influence from each other (Movie Nazgul anyone?) but I don't think the books have anything in common at all.

It doesn't matter what you think about Wheel of Time (given that you probably never read the series and just spouting out crap after reading some short articles off wikipedia), in fact whatever you think doesn't matter at all BUT the fact stands that Wheel of Time came up with the witchcraft school that takes place in a castle that is greatly fortified and is central power of the world the author created (even if the story is centered on another part of the world, unlike Harry Potter so she probably ripped off the part about her magic school being the center). Plus many other creations that came solely out of Robert Jordan's head are depicted in the Pothead series, for instance the communication methods of the witches in Wheel of Time are birds; coincidence? After looking over all the similiarities I doubt that. So the chain of ripping off goes like this Wheel of Time => Harry Potter => Naruto. Why does it all matter? Well I just wanted to demolish all of your optimistic views on Hairy Pothead, cause the story was just a bunch of rip offs from other work. Of course, most literature is the same way, but Harry Potter takes it to the highest level.

Level 25
It doesn't matter what you think about Wheel of Time (given that you probably never read the series and just spouting out crap after reading some short articles off wikipedia),

So what, in order to argue with you we need to go read some fantasy series? Boring. I'm gonna go read Discworld instead

in fact whatever you think doesn't matter at all BUT the fact stands that Wheel of Time came up with the witchcraft school that takes place in a castle that is greatly fortified and is central power of the world the author created (even if the story is centered on another part of the world, unlike Harry Potter so she probably ripped off the part about her magic school being the center).

But... It isn't the center of the world. It's just the center of the books because the main characters are there. Heck, it's shown as being on par with about 3 other ones in book 4

Plus many other creations that came solely out of Robert Jordan's head are depicted in the Pothead series, for instance the communication methods of the witches in Wheel of Time are birds; coincidence?

Pigeons were used to transport mail in the early 1900s. So you're saying that a real world thing ripped off Wheel of Time?

After looking over all the similiarities I doubt that. So the chain of ripping off goes like this Wheel of Time => Harry Potter => Naruto.

Not really. Every story has similarities. To be honest, you'd probably have more luck with Star Wars and Eragon. Except don't bother, because that's just too easy

Arthurian legends are better and more timeless than Wheel of Time anyway. Use them instead

And I have no idea where you're pulling the Naruto stuff from. It's got nothing to do with Harry Potter. It's got more to do with Dragonball Z, for crying out loud

Why does it all matter? Well I just wanted to demolish all of your optimistic views on Hairy Pothead, cause the story was just a bunch of rip offs from other work. Of course, most literature is the same way, but Harry Potter takes it to the highest level.

No one really cares about Harry Potter here. Seriously. We have people who loathe Naruto to its core, but no one really mentions Harry Potter

Level 36
Exactly, and since I've actually done a lot of original and secondary research as to where the Harry Potter books came from, I can assure you that JK is not a big of a thief as you think. In fact, she started formulating the Harry Potter books in 1990. Oh, Wheel of Time started that same year. CONSPIRACY! SHE MUST BE COPYING ROBERT JORDAN NOW!

I mean come on. All fantasy draws from common points, OMG SHE RIPPED OFF WANDS! THAT'S NOT ORIGINAL!

Gee, wow, look at that. There are certain elements of the story that just fit. I can't see Harry Potter without wands, and it's an integral part of the story in Book 7, but just because other fantasies have wands in them prior to the release of Harry Potter she becomes some kind of ridiculous thief that should be loathed by all?

Like Mecheon said, if you're looking to troll fans of a fantasy series, try Eragon. The similarities between it and Star Wars are incontrovertible, and way too easy to point out.

Level 2
L2Read seriously

So what, in order to argue with you we need to go read some fantasy series? Boring. I'm gonna go read Discworld instead

wait, did I tell you to read the Wheel of Time? All I said was you shouldn't judge a book without actually reading it like that other moron who talked like he knew everything about it by reading some crap off wikipedia.

But... It isn't the center of the world. It's just the center of the books because the main characters are there. Heck, it's shown as being on par with about 3 other ones in book 4

I clearly pointed out that even though the Wheel of Time witch school had the highest calibre in the story even though the protagonist wasn't part of it. So it was clearly easy for Rowling to have just ripped out a part of Wheel of Time placed her characters in it and made a story out of a story, hence proving my entire argument on the foundation of the story Harry Potter not being original.

Pigeons were used to transport mail in the early 1900s. So you're saying that a real world thing ripped off Wheel of Time?

And I've clearly pointed it out that with the other premises, the matching bid courrier communication method seemed a little beyond coicidece.

Not really. Every story has similarities. To be honest, you'd probably have more luck with Star Wars and Eragon. Except don't bother, because that's just too easy

It's easy to say things instead of actually doing it, if you're gonna relate terristrial story to a extra terristral story, good luck.

Arthurian legends are better and more timeless than Wheel of Time anyway. Use them instead

I never claimed Wheel of Time to be better than any other literatures.

And I have no idea where you're pulling the Naruto stuff from. It's got nothing to do with Harry Potter. It's got more to do with Dragonball Z, for crying out loud

Again, if the story ripped off one thing from another story, they can also rip off another part from another story. Naruto ripped off of DBZ true, but that doesn't mean they couldn't have done it from Harry Potter. You're not very astute are you?

No one really cares about Harry Potter here. Seriously. We have people who loathe Naruto to its core, but no one really mentions Harry Potter

And if you READ before you try to use statistics, maybe you'd find out that I've been arguing with another guy who was blabbering random crap about alchemy and Harry Potter, and how great the Harry Potter series is (I disagree).

So maybe instead of mouthing off next time, you should really consider trying to argue against people of your own level. You know like the hillbillies or talking parrots.

Level 25
And if you READ before you try to use statistics, maybe you'd find out that I've been arguing with another guy who was blabbering random crap about alchemy and Harry Potter, and how great the Harry Potter series is (I disagree).

... I used statistics?

How's about you read instead? In fact, I'll quote your exact bloody alchemy comment for you to read

And don't say alchemy served a purpose in history, was it them who discovered element decay? No they were useless, if you can't achieve the goal you set out in the beginning you're dirt

Nice. Real nice comment. You've just completely decried about half of humanity's achievements to this day with that comment, you know? Glad to see you only care about winners and you don't give a damn about anyone who tries their hardest

So maybe instead of mouthing off next time, you should really consider trying to argue against people of your own level. You know like the hillbillies or talking parrots.

Oh, I'm sorry. Is responding to your comments only reserved for those who you have deemed worthy of your attention? Are we not worthy to stare at the dust on your boots?

You are the poster boy for arrogance

Oh, and nice work not addressing any of my points to begin with. And for quoting my post that didn't talk about alchemy in the first place

Level 2
Exactly, and since I've actually done a lot of original and secondary research as to where the Harry Potter books came from, I can assure you that JK is not a big of a thief as you think. In fact, she started formulating the Harry Potter books in 1990. Oh, Wheel of Time started that same year. CONSPIRACY! SHE MUST BE COPYING ROBERT JORDAN NOW!

I mean come on. All fantasy draws from common points, OMG SHE RIPPED OFF WANDS! THAT'S NOT ORIGINAL!

Gee, wow, look at that. There are certain elements of the story that just fit. I can't see Harry Potter without wands, and it's an integral part of the story in Book 7, but just because other fantasies have wands in them prior to the release of Harry Potter she becomes some kind of ridiculous thief that should be loathed by all?

Like Mecheon said, if you're looking to troll fans of a fantasy series, try Eragon. The similarities between it and Star Wars are incontrovertible, and way too easy to point out.

It must've took a beating out of Rowling to lie about when she started writing her book, cause you sound like it's totally impossible to lie in public. If she really did, as I conjectured, rip out a part of Wheel of Time and plastered her shit in it and she wanted to avoid controversy, a few words is all it takes. Who's going to investigate somthing so trivial? And you're talking about wands. How many witch stories do we know involve wands? Countless, how many witch stories do we know involve chracters moving into a school, which is a caste and the characters coming out of an area that had small invovlment with the school? Oh I know, two!

Level 26
It's random because you don't understand what the hell he's saying, and as of yet, no one has said the Harry Potter series was good.
Clever. I saw what you did there. You were implying that his intelligence was comparable to that of hillbillies and parrots. That is a clever maneuver and a clear sign that you are a master of wit.

Level 14
So maybe instead of mouthing off next time, you should really consider trying to argue against people of your own level.

Why haven't you been banned yet? Not only have you insulted several staff, you inexplicably fail at intelligent arguments.

Brad/MSBB/Mecheon have given more than enough proof that your retarded theory is wrong.

Last edited:
Level 26
Why haven't you been banned yet? Not only have you insulted several staff, you inexplicably fail at intelligent arguments.
There's no need to ban someone for flaming.

Just close the thread.

I really gotta thank you though. Every now and then I curse the Harry Potter series because the concept of a magic school will now seem unoriginal to everyone around me. You showed me the other side, where the concept of a magic school will now seem unoriginal to you because of Wheel of Time.

Level 25
how many witch stories do we know involve chracters moving into a school, which is a caste and the characters coming out of an area that had small invovlment with the school? Oh I know, two!

Go look up how many stories involve people moving from an area that had small involvement with the school, then coming to the school

I think you'll find you'll get a fair few books. Harry Potter is just taking the cliche and throwing in some magic for results

Level 2

Brad/MSBB/Mecheon have given more than enough proof that your retarded theory is wrong.

Yea I'm sure kissng staff's ass is going to get you somewhere in life. You tell me I'm wrong, but you've never told me how I was wrong. Therefore you're one of those retards who just say things without knowing why you've said it.

Level 2
Go look up how many stories involve people moving from an area that had small involvement with the school, then coming to the school

I think you'll find you'll get a fair few books. Harry Potter is just taking the cliche and throwing in some magic for results

KK I'll try to find a story on the basis of your argument. But I'll also try to find one that includes mine. You know the magic castle part, where people from around the world gather to learn magic. Where the walls are fortifed with spells and they use birds as courriers. I'll try to find an exact match. Since magic is such a repeated topic in novels, I'm bound to cross one more than Harry Potter and Wheel of Time, right? Oh wait, NIL

Level 26
Yea I'm sure kissng staff's ass is going to get you somewhere in life.
You're wrong about being wrong. What fail. To begin with, kissing ass DOES get you places in life. Furthermore, Arvedui's not doing so. He's simply agreeing with every other human being in the universe capable of thought processes.
You tell me I'm wrong, but you've never told me how I was wrong. Therefore you're one of those retards who just say things without knowing why you've said it.
Because the other people have already spelled it out for you? He's not going to conjure up a huge wall of text when everyone else already has.

Level 2
Your arrogance and ignorance makes me chuckle.

:)

And your arrogance makes me :cry: a little because it's so upsettingly stupid. "How about dragonlance", is that supposed to tell me anything, you know someone who doesn't know anything about it? I gave you examples, and detailed explanations of why Wheel of Time is so similiar to Harry Potter. Open your tiny eyes, and try to see the difference that's shining down on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.