• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Naruto: The Will of Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Naruto: The Will of Fire

Background

All Shinobi of the Hidden Leaf carry the Will of Fire…
The strong desire to bravely protect Konoha.​
As long as they have that Will of Fire, everyone is family…​
- The Third Hokage
riveroftearssai0.jpg
Creator: V_V_V
Genre/gameplay type: shooter + assorted game modes
Supported Players: 10 players
Map Size: ~2.3 mb
Public Beta First Release: 23-12-06, beta 7
Last Updated/Current Version: Download Here (version BETA9c) - 06-29-07

Description

As a team member of your village, you must carry out your objective(s) to dominate over the opposing village in a semi “shooter-based” gameplay.

Inspired by Archery Tactics, Naruto: The Will of Fire is an attempt to bring together the popular manga/anime series Naruto and Warcraft with the use of unique gameplay, lush terrain (currently a problem… patches of flat open area that I don’t know what to do with:sad:), triggered spells that stays true to the anime, and custom skin/models to recreate the world of Naruto.

"But theres already a bajillion Naruto based maps out there already! Why play this one?"
well...
  1. its not an AoS, its something new!
  2. "ninja style" gameplay (trickery, stealth, deception, lethal)
  3. fast and short games (from 15-40 minutes, depends on game settings. no need to sit through an hour and a half game =/)
  4. level 5 hero cap, making games less about leveling and more on skill and teamwork
  5. Flashy cool spells
  6. funny looking custom skins n models! =P
At first, you may be confused by all these terms and story that you have no idea of… but that’s ok! You too can enjoy this map without the knowledge of the story as it will not greatly cripple your gameplay other than maybe the knowledge of what some ninja’s spells are or the effects they may have…
After watching the tutorial, some exploration and taking some note of the tips provided, you too can enjoy a good game. Perhaps after play, I may have just persuaded you to check out Naruto =D. So give it a try!

Features

• 12 shinobis from the manga/anime Naruto
  • 3 different game modes involving diverse gameplay (CTF/KOTH/ASS explained below)
  • team-based gameplay that reward those that work together
  • tutorial cinematics that give newcomers some information on how to play, and a variety of different concluding cinematics (episode 132, 134 + a secret special ending~*not done as of beta9b*)
  • custom Naruto skins made by myself (also uses custom models)
  • gameplay modifications from normal Warcraft that broadens strategic opportunities and “shooter” tactics (such as modified line of sight)
  • informative tooltips that don’t leave you with ??? over your head (inspired by Rising_Dusk’s AotZ) Even though you may not watch Naruto, you’ll know roughly what the spell does.
Playable Shinobis

Konoha’s Shinobis
  • Uzumaki Naruto
  • Uchiha Sasuke
  • Hatake Kakashi
  • Hyuuga Neji
  • Rock Lee
  • Akimichi Chouji
Sound Union
  • Gaara of the Desert
  • Temari
  • Momochi Zabuza
  • Haku
Akatsuki Hideout
  • Uchiha Itachi
  • Hoshigake Kisame

Gameplay

Each player selects from a choice of 12 ninjas (not restricted by team) from the anime Naruto. Belonging to either the Konoha village or the Sound village, teams compete against each other in selectable game modes with unique objectives. At first, besides the primary attack (melee or range, depending on the shinobi), ninjas only have access to long range weapons such as kunais in addition to the staple of basic shinobi techniques such as illusionary clones, block and kawarimi (body substitution). As players gain experience (from activities ranging from kills/assists to objective completions) they will gain access to higher-level jutsus original to their ninja.
The ninja battlefield is all about agility, deception and gaining information about your opponents…
Screenshots

from left to right:
  • Naruto, by the River of Tears
  • Konoha Village
  • Gaara closup, in Shippuuden outfit
  • Temari closup, in Shippuuden outfit
  • Neji vs Zabuza, using the Sixty-Four Points of Divinity
(i so need better screenshots, keep forgetting to take good fight shots in beta testing games because gameplay is fastpaced)

Game Modes

Scroll Capture (CTF)
Your objective is to infiltrate the opposing village, locate a top secret scroll and return it safely to your own village in order to gain the upper hand. It is critical that you protect your own village’s scroll at the same time!

Territory Control (King of the Hill)
Your objective is to locate the source of a chakra rejuvenation fountain. You must protect this area for a given amount of time until reinforcements from your village arrive to build defensive structures.

Assassination
Each team will take turns taking the role of assassination or protection.
  • Assassination team
    You will be assigned a target by your village whom you must eliminate. The target will be found on his/her way to a location in the surrounding area. Locate this character and stop him or her from reaching their destination before they escape off the boundaries of the country!​
  • Protection team
    You will be given the coordinates of a character whom you must protect. The village has information that this target may possibly be intercepted by opposing ninjas. Your objective is to rendezvous with this character, eliminate opposing threats and act as bodyguards for him/her until they arrive at their destination.​
If you’re still completely confused, think along the lines of “caravan” gameplay.
Copied from Game Info:
*****CREDITS START*****
Naruto Anime and manga art created by Masmashi Kishimoto.

There are numerous things in this map that could not have been possible without these people's awsome work:

This map has been optimized by |CFFF26522Vexorian's|R Map Optimizer.
|CFFF26522Vexorian|R for his Caster System
(http://vexorian.wc3campaigns.net/)
"dummy.mdx model was originally made by Cookie."

Thanks to |CFF0054A6Zoxc|R for developing World Editor Helper to speed up and simplify the jass coding process (fast syntax checker).

I would also like to thank the community at www.wc3campaigns.net for their wisdom in the tutorials I learnt from and www.wc3sear.ch/www.hiveworkshop.com for hosting the resources I used.

---SPELLS---
|CFFF26522Vexorian|R
- 'Final Upper Cut' (used in Kakashi's Thousand Years of Pain)
- 'Final Slam' (used in Lee's Initial Lotus)
- 'Frozen Orb' (used in Temari's Summon Sickle Weasel)
|CFF6DCFF6Arksword(sv) (along with Neostorm)|R - 'Triblade' (used in Zabuza's Throw Cleaver)
|CFFED1C24Leopard|R - 'Blade Massacre's' shadow trail effect (used in Chidori)
|CFF6DCFF6Paskovich|R - 'Hydro Pump' swirl effects (used in Aqua Shark Blast)

---MODELS---
|CFFA8A8A8Ultimaaa|R - Naruto and Sasuke model, reskinned*
|CFF383838Black_Stan|R - 'HeroAyame and HeroKuniochi' used for Rock Lee and Temari, reskinned*
|CFF790000JetFangInferno|R - 'Aqua Spike', 'Skull Buff', 'Bubble Trap', 'greatergeiser', 'Sand Explosion', 'sandwave', 'Sandaura2'
|CFFC4C4C4Norinrad|R - 'Runical-Holy Aura' aura base model (used in 64 points of divinity's symbol, reskinned*)
|CFFF69679Toolfik|R - 'frostmourne' sword model (used for Zabuza's detachable sword, reskinned*)
|CFFC69C6DSansui|R - 'kamahlsword' model (used for Kisame's sword, reskinned*)
|CFF00AEEFAquilla|R - 'tablenolegs' model (used for building Konoha's walls)
|CFF0054A6SC_freek|R - Eerie Fog
|CFFC69C6DClotaire/metalplanet.org|R - 'ailles' model (sasuke cursed seal wings)
|CFFF69679Nasrudin|R - animated grass\shrubs models
|CFFC4C4C4EviL BuddhA|R - scroll red model

* reskinned to fit the world of Naruto.

---SKINS---
custom skins for Naruto characters used in this map created by me, V_V_V.

---ICONS---
All art Naruto icons were based on the work by Naruto's creator, Masmashi Kishimoto.

Camera System inspired from |CFFFFFFFFWoK.Vingador's Diablo II Classic|R.
*****CREDITS END*****

Future planned features for future versions:
  • New Shinobis (planned: Hidan, Shino, Kiba, Kimimaro)
  • new game mode: FFA Crystal Hoard
  • new Konoha ending cinematic
  • Duel System
  • more items
  • more traps (more availability from your ninja crafts book)
  • fill in rest of terrain (currently still with patches of emptiness)
Thanks for reading, and I hope you try it out. Comments, criticisms, suggestions, or even bugs found are welcome. This version mainly needs a lot of help in balance and bug fixes.

* note: currently there is a major bug in game mode selection where (occasionally, about 25% of the time) the dialog buttons do not respond. I have no idea where this is coming from, and it makes no sense that it doesn't work. If anyone's had this experience, please share!
**This problem has been (hopefully) fixed in version beta 9c

Attachments

• Naruto_WoF_beta9b.w3x
    2.3 MB · Views: 192
Last edited:
Level 4
Alright, finally have some time after exams, and now that its summer, i can start to update. Ive uploaded version beta9c, now with the start game bugs eliminated. I was gonna link earlier but was waiting for map approval. Now that it seems a lil slow because moderators are busy, so now I will link to the download page.

Level 6
While I hate anime in general and I hate games that are centered around it, your first game mode however did look fun.

Level 7
***claps*** impressive post. Just by the time you put into that post i cant tell this thing is quality. Assasinate game mode sounds awsome, very good idea. The only downside to this map is there no bunnies (they dig holes... i like them) but every map can't be perfect.

Level 4
thanks for the comments :grin: (didnt get any the first time this was posted...:sad:

However, for Scroll Capture, of the one time I had a full house beta testing for that mode, winning was VERY easy because the map was too big - there was too much space to cover in order to catch the guy with the scroll. I've already added walls to limit the playing field in Scroll Capture game mode, however there is still a lot of horizontal space you can escape to in order to avoid being sighted.
I realize that I may need to add chokepoints, but I'm am not sure how to implement it into the map to make it seamless. Any ideas?

Also, is there a way to remove that map attachment @ the bottom? downloaders should go to the link at the top and not download the old bugged beta9b version.

(you know what map has bunnies though? Mini-Me's Bomberman map! its pretty funny =P)

Status
Not open for further replies.