• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Alternate Footman & Scarlet Footman (Reforged)

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
So I wasn't originally going to release this model owing to its simplicity but someone said I should, so this is for the substandard section for people who want a different looking Footman or a Scarlet Footman which is included.

There's a lot of skins for the Scarlet Footman but that's unavoidable due to Reforged skins being separate for a lot of individual pieces.

The import path for the Scarlet Footman's skins is just the skin name without the War3mapImported\
Contents

Alternate Footman & Scarlet Footman (Model)

Alternate Footman Portrait (Model)

Scarlet Footman (Model)

Scarlet Footman Icon (Icon)

Scarlet Footman Portrait (Model)

Level 18
Pretty interesting. We're starting to get some choice :)

I really like this "champion" variant of the Footman.

EDIT: And I'm not mentioning the Scarlet one because well... I always like Scarlet Crusade themed assets.

Attachments

• ScarletFootman2.mdx
    4.4 MB · Views: 292
  • ScarletFootman2_portrait.mdx
    1.1 MB · Views: 180
  • ScarletFootmanShieldNormal2.dds
    341.5 KB · Views: 230
  • ScarletFootmanShieldORM2.dds
    170.8 KB · Views: 259
  • ScarletFootmanShieldDiffuse2.dds
    170.8 KB · Views: 281
Level 7
Love it, I love the possibility to use the alternate footman and the scarlet one. Nice changes !! Thank you for sharing them :peasant-bowing:

PS: The Eagle of Lordaeron is going great on the bucklet!! A cool change with the simple footman :peasant-grin:

Hello,

Any chance you can do that but for the non-scarlet one?
I probably won't no, I've not really looked at HD skinning/modelling in a while and I don't think I'll go back to it any time soon. However you do have my permission to ask someone else to do it or edit it yourself in whatever way you want.

Level 35
Hello again. Been using the models for a while and had a deep look at them.
I found only 1 small issue if you want to update it. The first armband that goes in the hand that holds the shield is missing from your models. This is similar to my comment on Silverhand Captain

1643922283082.png

Did you removed them because in the original footman models the armband was going in the armor?
1643922396968.png

Hello again. Been using the models for a while and had a deep look at them.
I found only 1 small issue if you want to update it. The first armband that goes in the hand that holds the shield is missing from your models. This is similar to my comment on Silverhand Captain

View attachment 394442
Did you removed them because in the original footman models the armband was going in the armor?
View attachment 394443
Yeah I deliberately removed it from both models because of clipping issues so I felt it wasn't that big of a deal to remove it :)