• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Alpha Tiles in New Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm facing the conundrum where the new version of the game makes my world editor crash if there's an alpha tile in the map I'm trying to open. I've managed to delete the tile in order to be able to open it with third party tools but I would like it if the tiles could actually work or else I'd have to redo so much of the level design.

Is there a known solution to making them work?

You can use an older version of the editor, or maybe make a doodad like the "ruined ground" but with no 3d model so that it cuts holes in the ground. Cutting holes like that might work similar to an alpha tile but without the import.

I think that I heard any imported tile that overwrites an ingame tile will crash the 1.33 map editor after the update, even though this worked on previous map editors.

Level 2
You can use an older version of the editor, or maybe make a doodad like the "ruined ground" but with no 3d model so that it cuts holes in the ground. Cutting holes like that might work similar to an alpha tile but without the import.

I think that I heard any imported tile that overwrites an ingame tile will crash the 1.33 map editor after the update, even though this worked on previous map editors.
Okay, that works. Thanks a lot, mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.