• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Alpha animation issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Well. I'm finalizing my Space Archimonde model and want to give him an animation where his pulse cannons materialize. So I made the cannons as separate geosets and make geoset animations for them:

The animated color does work with linear interpolation, changing from 0, 1, 0 (lime) to 1, 1, 1 (full color).

I tried to set the alpha with linear interpolation from 0 to 1. It would look like a transparent green gun (perhaps made of pure fel energy) is slowly materializing. Instead, I have a fully material green tinted gun that just goes to normal coloring.

Please help me.

Level 27
Using alpha only works with the Add Alpha material texture in my past experience, though I could be wrong. If you want it to be fully materialized at the end, create a material with two texture layers, one being the Add Alpha render and one being the None render (or transparent or blend, depending on what you need). Then, make one invisible when the other is visible, and make the Add Alpha one only visible during the "fade in" sequence.
--donut3.5--

Status
Not open for further replies.