• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Alliance shamans and horde paladins???!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Oh my god i just saw at worldofwarcraft.com/burningcrusade that the alliance will now have +shamans and the horde will have +paladins!! Don't u think this will remove the unique nature of horde/alliance and mess things up a bit? I wanna be a proud member of the horde, not an alliance copy, and i wouldn't wanna see horde paladins either. This will also make a big change in the games history, cuz paladins were always alliance members and shamans were horde... Conclusion: i don't like the idea.
Paladins go to the alliance, shamans to the horde.
What's wrong with that?

Level 5
Its probaly BLIZZ screwing up the lore again....
Alliance:-Get Paladins cause of this thingy they believe in called the Light(maybe i got that wrong oO)
Horde:-Get Shamans because they are in contact with the spirits that grant them elemental abilities(maybe i got that wrong oO)
Alliance getting SHAMANS? urf...
Horde getting PALADINS? arf...
Thats just tacky..

Level 25
You people FAIL at the lore

How many of you actually REALISED that Blood Elves worship the Light and therefore can become Paladins? Or did you just forget the very existance of Blood Elven priests in WC3? And I suppose you must have ignored the Wildhammer Dwarves having shamans for ages

Strewth, complain about the errors in lore you dolts! Not things that make sense!

You SHOULD have complained like I did about Blood Elves being on the Horde in the FIRST PLACE, not about the EreDraenei getting a class which everything from Murlocs to Wildhammer Dwarves has, or about the last applicable race for Paladins getting them as a class!

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Happens so often. Well, althrough it removes the unique nature, it also makes it more fair.

And yes when I saw the first posts I was going to point out about the Priests on Warcraft III and all that. And we all know the Draenei geeks have that shamanistic life.

Level 5
Err...

Blood Elves are Paladins because they stole the Light, which I find really dumb, but it's Blizzard's spanking new lore and they have to make it really fancy. They believe in the Light as Priests, why do they have to steal it to become a Paldin?

Draenei are Shamans because Velen had a vision and told everyone.

Level 12
Kanaru said:
Err...

Blood Elves are Paladins because they stole the Light, which I find really dumb, but it's Blizzard's spanking new lore and they have to make it really fancy. They believe in the Light as Priests, why do they have to steal it to become a Paldin?

Paladins are there because they were former priests. During Warcraft II, the Church blessed some priests to be part warrior and is the reason why we have Knights of the Silver Hand. My best guess is Blood Elves could not be blessed by the light. Besides, they only just got paladins.

Draenei are shamans because a random nobody becomes one with the elements and teaches everyone else.

Level 5
Kanaru said:
Err...

You phail

VISION:In recent years, Velen, the noble leader of the draenei, was granted a vision.... In it he saw the Broken: formerly healthy draenei who had devolved during the orcs' murderous crusade to wipe out the draenei race. According to Velen's vision, the Broken would rise to power once again and aid their displaced brethren.

Velen's vision was given substance in the form of Nobundo, a one-time draenei priest who had devolved while the orcs decimated his race and tore the planet apart. Like his fellow Broken, Nobundo had lost contact with the Light, and so he ventured far into the deserts of Outland to meditate and pray for guidance.

After decades of silence, an unfamiliar voice finally answered his prayers. It was not the Light that whispered to him, but the wind. The breeze spoke to him of lost truths, of the might of the elements – of the delicate balance of power embraced by the shaman.

Nobundo listened eagerly and learned all he could. When he judged the time was right, he departed the desert determined to use this knowledge to help the draenei race. However, most draenei refugees greeted the sight of a Broken with skepticism and outright prejudice. Only one of the healthy draenei did not shun the Broken: the wise and perceptive Velen.

Velen had heard the philosophy of the shaman before, but Nobundo revealed new truths. The elements were timeless; they stretched across the cosmos to inhabit every world they touched. With the proper training, the draenei might learn to wield this overlooked, seemingly inexhaustible source of power. Velen rejoiced to realize that his vision was coming to pass. Accordingly he took Nobundo with him when he and his fellow refugees took possession of the naaru satellite structure Exodar from the blood elves. Thus it was that Nobundo journeyed with the draenei to the world of Azeroth.

Nobundo found that unlike the desolate wastes of Outland, Azeroth possessed abundant elemental energies. He shared his knowledge of shamanism with the draenei on Azeroth, and all who adopted its path flourished.

The time for the draenei shaman to test themselves draws near, for the battle against the Burning Legion is once again at hand. And the fate not only of Azeroth, but of all worlds, hangs in the balance.

IT Was Nobundo who taught the Draenie the power of Shamanism.

Status
Not open for further replies.