• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Alleria Windrunner

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
Alleria Windrunner, Ranger-Captain of Silvermoon, sister to Sylvanas Windrunner, lover of Turalyon and one of the Sons of Lothar.

Quite pleased with the result, considering it's only my second female model.

CHANGELOG:
  • September 5th 2022 - Optimized model by removing unused tracks + fixed animation glitch
  • September 6th 2022 - Fixed issue with normals
  • February 5th 2023 - Made model pass sanity check
Previews
Contents

Alleria Windrunner (Model)

Reviews
ILH
ILH
A nice model of Alleria with pretty textures and improved anims. Changes made. Works in-game. Approved!

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
giphy.gif

I've waited a long time for this moment...

Needless to say, the result is amazing. I do have a vague memory of a Blood Elf version being mentioned (green eyes), but I am really happy to see this appearing at all to begin with.

Thanks for sticking around and for delivering us greatness, Tauer.

I can't wait to see what comes next... in 2095.

:p

Level 39
It's a shame that only 2 of these 3 attacks can be displayed in the game. I wonder if we can add two more models to make three. One red for fire arrows, one blue and white for ice arrows, and one green for poison arrows.
It's possible to display all 3 attacks in game using triggers. Here is a sample map demonstrating it, courtesy of the great @The_Warchief :)
OG Alleria, well done :)
Thanks!
What a pretty elven chick with amazing animations, that "Attack Upgrade" sequences have hit my heart with an arrow 💘
Thank you, glad you like it!

Level 39
UPDATE: Fixed an issue with the normals that made the model appear darker than it should. Thanks to @stein123 for reporting this. Here is a screenshot of the issue:
1662482783964.png

The issue arose because I used Mdlvis to remove a few keyframes to eliminate the remaining unused tracks. Apparently this program screws with the normals somehow. This means that this update comes with the caveat of those 2 unused tracks returning, which shouldn't be a big deal.

Level 48
Ah, the boob bounce physics. How extra. :grin:
Lovely model, definitely in the spirit of Warcraft's art style. I would maybe recommend adding a more fleshed-out inner mouth, as seen on some of the Warcraft 3 units, rather than a gaping black hole. This should be a relatively simple change and might improve the portrait's fidelity, which is especially important for heroic units. If this issue persists across the other Sons of Lothar, they could use this treatment as well.

what is sanity check?
You can see it as a button on the box where there's the "View in 3d" button and everything. Basically, it checks the model up and down, inside and out for any tiny little redundancy or error and points them so you can go in and clean them up. Helps to optimize filesize or iron out animation bugs.