• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Solved] All my summon spells are activating at once?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I'm not sure what I need to do to resolve this issue, but all my summon spells are activating at once. I based them all off of Bears and Water Elementals so about half of them were from each of those two. I thought it was the use/turn strings but I tried couple of different ones and it didn't seem to make any difference. Some help here would be appreciated.

Level 39
Normal spells cannot have those strings altered. The channel ability (Ancl), however, CAN have different base orders set. Search for a tutorial on how to use channel or experiment yourself with making spells from it. Use those channel-based spells as dummies and either spawn the summons with triggers or order a dummy unit to cast the real summon spell when the dummy spell is cast.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
There are many different types of summon ability. For example the beast master has 3, then there are dire wolves of the far seer, water elemental of the arch mage, lava spawn of the fire lord, various wards which could be replaced with non-ward summons, some of the neutral creeps have summons of their own, infernal, carrion beetle and raise dead (need corpses) and own scout of the priestess of the moon as well as avatar of vengeance from the warden.

Now not all of them might fit your requirements, but maybe some of them could be used to avoid overlapping commands without having to resort to channel and triggers.

Status
Not open for further replies.