• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

All my spells suddently Do Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi,

I was Editing my map, adding new stuff that usually doesn't cause any problem, like basic custom spelling and new custom units (no complicated trigger or function).

But suddently, now when I test the game, all the spells on the map do Nothing.

For example if I ask a hero to cast a Lightning chain, Nothing happens (it does cost mana tho)

I tried deleting everything I did on the map these last two days (it worked well 2 days ago), but still the problem stays, spells do Nothing :confused:2

Did that happen to any of you in the past or do you have any idea where could this bug come from ?

Thank you very much for your help,

Goldfinger

Level 8
Hi,

I was Editing my map, adding new stuff that usually doesn't cause any problem, like basic custom spelling and new custom units (no complicated trigger or function).

But suddently, now when I test the game, all the spells on the map do Nothing.

For example if I ask a hero to cast a Lightning chain, Nothing happens (it does cost mana tho)

I tried deleting everything I did on the map these last two days (it worked well 2 days ago), but still the problem stays, spells do Nothing :confused:2

Did that happen to any of you in the past or do you have any idea where could this bug come from ?

Thank you very much for your help,

Goldfinger

Extremely odd sounding bug.
I have no idea what it could be, but maybe you can try diagnosing the problem further.
Try making 3 triggers that are triggered by "A unit starts casting an ability", "A unit begins the effect of an ability", and "A unit finishes casting an ability".
Then make the action in each trigger a game message that informs you that the trigger went off.
With this, you should be able to narrow down the point of failure.

Level 3
Extremely odd sounding bug.
I have no idea what it could be, but maybe you can try diagnosing the problem further.
Try making 3 triggers that are triggered by "A unit starts casting an ability", "A unit begins the effect of an ability", and "A unit finishes casting an ability".
Then make the action in each trigger a game message that informs you that the trigger went off.
With this, you should be able to narrow down the point of failure.

Thank you for your answer and Good idea !

I did as you said, but unfortunately that didn't help diagnosing the problem as messages appear as if it was working normally, but there's still no spell happening :sad:

Lightning Chain
-Begins the channeling of an ability YES
-Begins casting an ability YES
-Finishes casting an ability YES
-Starts the effect of an ability NO
=> but Nothing happens

Metamorphosis
-Begins the channeling of an ability YES
-Begins casting an ability YES
-Finishes casting an ability NO
-Starts the effect of an ability YES
=> but Nothing happens

1579785688-test-bug.jpg

Level 3
Disable every trigger in your map and try casting those spells. If the problem persists I’d say your map or game install was corrupted in some way and you should try reinstalling. This is a bizarre error.

Thank you for your help !

I did that and I've found the problem :grin:

I've found a hidden trigger (among hundreds) that stopped abilities being cast.

Thank you to Cespie as well for his help

Status
Not open for further replies.