1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Aletharion's lair

Submitted by Cleclejossstone
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Aletharion's Lair
Created by Nortander/Cleclejossstone

Map Info

This is an altered melee-style, Reforged friendly map for 6 players.

Features

• 22 gold mines
  • 6 green camps
  • 2 brown camps
  • 16 to 22 red camps
  • 2 gobelin hutts
  • 2 mercenary camps
  • A central dragon camp for recruitment
  • 6 starting locations
  • Minions do not give "+1 tomes" but "+2" (always)
  • 2 extra hero options for each playable race

This map is intended to give a bit of a challenge to seasoned players in quite a few ways, with :
  • An unusual starting placement of the players
  • An equally unusual position of the main outpost compared to its goldmine
  • Minions that give better (sometimes legendary!) items
  • Closer goldmines and general creeps harder to defeat than in traditionnal melee
  • The extra hero options for each playable race
  • All players being kinda close from each other

Some other stuff about Aletharion's Lair

"The black dragon Aletharion's legendary treasure has drawn many expeditions to this frozen land. Beware the numerous outlaws, wildlings and dark mages that fight over the place!"

Change Log

Version 1.0

First release on March 21st, 2020.

Version 1.1

• Fixed an issue where the Highborn's arcanic shield did not appear
  • Added description to the missing slots of the Murloc Oracle's abilities
  • Added some more tile paint, mountains and doodads to embellish the borders
  • Slightly modified some tree placements
  • Added a from-the-above map view to the preview panel

Known issues
  • Please know that there will be bugs, as I did this map on my own with not much experience. Do not hesitate telling me if you ever find some that are not already listed below.
  • The Demonist and Murloc Oracle heroes do not have hero glow
  • In some very specific cases, you might only be able to have only two heroes (working on it, please give info if you encounter this bug)

Final words

Author's notes

I hope you'll have fun playing this map. This is my second contribution to the Hive, yeah!
Please be nice and argumentative in the comment section, as I do my best to respond to everyone.
(Also, have in mind I'm not a native English speaker, therefore it can be tough to understand you guys, sometimes!) I am looking forward to hearing your thoughs about this entry!

See you!
Nortander

Keywords:
Warcraft, Melee, altered melee, dragon, witch, witcher, sorcerer, outlaw, spellcaster, frozen land, snow, mountain
Contents

Aletharion's lair (Map)

Reviews
Shar Dundred
Map appears to be functional & doesn't break any rules. Approved.
  1. Cleclejossstone

Cleclejossstone

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hello there! Just wanted to know if there's some kind of procedure to ask for a moderator's review? I did not have the need for my previous map as it was done within days, but this one has been online for a couple weeks and I'm afraid it never gets verified :/

2. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Map appears to be functional & doesn't break any rules.
    Approved.

3. Cleclejossstone

Cleclejossstone

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thank you! Hope you like it! :)