• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Teremus's Lair

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Deep inside a Mysterous Volcano is a Spawn of Deathwing Named Teremus, Preserving Black Dragonflight Eggs Until... Until the Time comes for the Black Dragonflight.....

This is a Single Boss map Much Like Onyxia's Lair or Magtheridon's Lair

There is No Trash But this boss is hard to make up for it. Dont Attempt to do it Alone.

This is a multiplayer and single player map

This is based off of WoW dungeons and instances.

Will you be able to stop the Black Dragonflight?!?

Give Feedback below if you see anything Not working right or being buggy

The Boss resets in 25-40 seconds.

Teremus now summons 2 Guardians to fight with him during Phase 1.

Phase 2 He flies into the air Spitting Flame strikes and fireballs @ the group

Has some Trash mobs now.

Some "Bugs" have been fixed

-----------2/12/08 UPDATES------------

The Fight has been Changed Around. He no longer summons 2 adds continously,but does a flamestrike that you have to watch for. There is also 3 Mini Bosses There Now. For a Challenge you can Fight them During the boss fight! they are Scripted in the fight if stayed alive. if not you can kill them before fighting the main boss, they are all seperated. More trash has been Added. Some Terrain has been Changed. Shaman Mana will last throughout the fight as long as you dont waste it all. Teremus Enrages Correctly.
--------------------12/17/08 UPDATES--------------------
Teremus Animation Corrected. the drakes are now vunerable to melee.Phase 2 has been extended longer and more whelps come out

-------------------12/19/08 UPDATES---------------------

Patrol has been Added.
Healthstones and pots has been added and have a 2 minute Cooldown.
--------Updates------------------
Eviscerate Added to Rogue.
Terrain Changed a bit
Whelps Added.
Phase 2 Mobs Changed
Boss Size Decreased.
Veraku has more room.
Enrage Changed Into Twilight Revenge which Increases Damage done and attack speed increased by the boss by 25%

Spell Icons Changed.

teremus Now has a chance to crit.

teremus Damage Increased.

Keywords:
WoW instance,WoW raid,WoW Dungeon,WoW Boss,Boss, Boss Battle
Contents

Teremus's Lair (Map)

Reviews
20:30, 27th Mar 2009 by bounty hunter2: Since all of your raid maps are similar, here is one review to cover them all: - Too big of size - CnP icons - Wrong DISBTN icons (Green) - Poorly developed terrain - Unoriginal - Boring gameplay...

M

20:30, 27th Mar 2009 by bounty hunter2:
Since all of your raid maps are similar, here is one review to cover them all:

- Too big of size
- CnP icons
- Wrong DISBTN icons (Green)
- Poorly developed terrain
- Unoriginal
- Boring gameplay

I suggest you to start making something other then WoW raids, since they are unoriginal and poorly made, Rejected.

Level 4
Ok, wow! I Really like this.

Feedback,

1- Currently if you wipe on the boss the enhance shaman never respawns and the gate never opens up again.

2- There's some minor texture ripping on the cave that the players enter through at the top which should be smoothed over.

3- I'd make the dragon eggs have more color to avoid them appearing textureless. I tried raising the redness up to 255 and it looked really nice. They got a very pretty glow effect which makes them look like they're glowing off the room. I'd go with that.

4- The music is extremely nice and fits perfectly.

5- The terrain is very, very nicely done. It suits the whole theme and feel quite nicely.

6- I would suggest adding a few trash pulls as sort of a "warm up" For the boss. (this would give players a few fights to get a feel for their character, too) My thought was to have four black drakes (the wow model for them has been converted, too.) flying in a large circle around the cave at different speeds. This would force the group to pull the drake into the hallway and fight them there. It would add a nice tactical edge to the boss and make things a bit tougher.
I would make the drakes very difficult enemies if you go with that route, though. With flame attacks similar to the boss and enough damage if you end up getting two at once you're almost undoubtedly going to wipe.

7- Currently I'm really not feeling the mechanics used for his adds at all. It feels like he just summons more and more whelps, and no matter what's going on they'll over run you.
I had two thoughts on that,
A, He summons a pre determined number of adds every x seconds. This way you have a better idea of what's going on and when it's going on, and prevents you having to fight huge amounts of whelps provided you're killing them.
B, same as before, except he would fly into the air for this. During his add phase lots of whelps would pour out from the sides and rush the group, meanwhile the boss would be flying in the air above the group and spitting fire down at them, and only return to the ground once all adds have been killed.
I sort of find B more interesting, myself. It would also make usage of the dragon's nice flying animations and stuff, too. They can be activated via the stormcrow flight change animations. For a reference on how to do it you could check the day of the dragon story on this site where the author used a few wow dragon models which could fly or walk.
(Theatrics aside this almost might be more fair, since when airborn his only attack would presumably blasting fire at you. Which would still hurt but prevent him from spamming his flame breath on the group while you have adds out killing you)

7- As far as the rest of the fight I can't comment yet as I've not been able to survive the huge amounts of aoe damage during the add phase. :( I suck? lolz

8- The boss should reset instantly, not after 45 seconds.

Overall I'd say this map is extremely well done. I really look forward to trying to down this guy, I love dragon bosses!

Level 4
I noticed a few other things after a bit more testing,

1- Some of the adds he summons have spell immunity, which makes the fight sort of broken in that they can't be aoed down.
Honestly, I would completely rework the adds like I mentioned before. Like this,

Teremus takes off into the sky and begins flying around the room, spitting fire at people from above. Meanwhile lots of black dragon whelps come in waves from the egg piles in the corners (whelps only), they'd have low health, and moderate damage. But so many would spawn you'd have to really be on top of heals and aoe damage to prevent them from overtaking the group. (think onyxia's adds in wow) After that phase ends Teremus would land on the ground and shift back to phase 1 again.

I also wondered a few things,

1- What is that ledge for? I noticed a ledge far away from the main cave and an ability which seems to imply he teleports people there. But I've yet to ever see him preform it.

2- He doesn't seem to enrage, I managed to get him to low health and didn't see/hear any emote for it. (unless I missed it) You might want him to turn red similar to the bloodlust effect to give a visual aid that he's enraged.

3- What are fire bolt volley and flame whirl for? I don't think he does either of these.

On a side note I think it might be wise to raise his defense a tiny bit (maybe). The fight seems like it would be best suited as a longer more drawn out encounter which focused on surviving and enduring the add waves. As opposed to him doing lots of damage or having overly "powerful" Attacks.

Level 7
I noticed a few other things after a bit more testing,

1- Some of the adds he summons have spell immunity, which makes the fight sort of broken in that they can't be aoed down.
Honestly, I would completely rework the adds like I mentioned before. Like this,

Teremus takes off into the sky and begins flying around the room, spitting fire at people from above. Meanwhile lots of black dragon whelps come in waves from the egg piles in the corners (whelps only), they'd have low health, and moderate damage. But so many would spawn you'd have to really be on top of heals and aoe damage to prevent them from overtaking the group. (think onyxia's adds in wow) After that phase ends Teremus would land on the ground and shift back to phase 1 again.

I also wondered a few things,

1- What is that ledge for? I noticed a ledge far away from the main cave and an ability which seems to imply he teleports people there. But I've yet to ever see him preform it.

2- He doesn't seem to enrage, I managed to get him to low health and didn't see/hear any emote for it. (unless I missed it) You might want him to turn red similar to the bloodlust effect to give a visual aid that he's enraged.

3- What are fire bolt volley and flame whirl for? I don't think he does either of these.

On a side note I think it might be wise to raise his defense a tiny bit (maybe). The fight seems like it would be best suited as a longer more drawn out encounter which focused on surviving and enduring the add waves. As opposed to him doing lots of damage or having overly "powerful" Attacks.

Ledge was for when i was making the boss fight it was suppose to be so he randomly moves a player to that edge and then spawns dragons there. but it caused a lot of bugs doing it. He does do firebolt volley and flame whirl. flame whirl happens around him and fire bolt volley shoots red dragon missles[Flames] all the hero's were probably too close and you didnt notice it. he Does enrage he says "This Pathetic Seige ends now!" And he gets a Haste Buff aka Bezerk. when i tested him he did flame whirl and fireball volley. im due to rename the ability its now used to summon Dragons from all sides. i will fix the Adds. i got him to do The Flying but i need to release it im Working on the Four Horsemen in my naxx map as well atm pretty much im multi tasking haha

Level 4
Great! I strongly suggest you add the trash pulls, too. Just for the sake of some build up if nothing else. If you need the model I can provide it :) Can't wait for the updates!

Another big bug I found was the lack of a enemy team makes the game unplayable online :(

Edit 2:

Tested it a bit more,

1- I still don't think he enrages sometimes. I'd check into this, if it's a spell I'd suggest changing it to a normal ability since silence might be the prevention for it? I've noticed that sometimes I'll win somewhat easily, and others I get ripped to shreds at the end of his bar. Perhaps luck? -shrugs-

2- Him suddenly disappearing seems sort of funky. I'd remove "phase 2" Completely in favor for his shifting flight and whelp phase rotation.

More to come ~

Last edited:
Level 2
Hey. How do you get these kind of dragons in ? :D please tell me :) would really like to know . gl & Hf

Level 4
Some feedback.

1- Two of the drakes can't be hit by ground attacks, while the other can. Bug somewhere in here?
2- The dragon shouldn't use any special attack while flying as it displays his ground animations and looks extremely weird. If you want to have him attack I'd suggest giving him a deep breath type mechanic that triggers a different way. (I think giving him higher attack speed while flying would fix it though)
3- His flying phase is extremely short. Maybe make it last until he reaches x health instead of having it end after the few adds are gone.

More to come

Level 7
wow very fun..and i like the dragon hes so big..can you add models of small dragons, drake instead of that dota character..it be more fun i like dragons..and also add some other big boss like a 1 eyed giant,big arachnida,big hydra snake before fighting the teremus..it be more fun if you add them..its gonna be an epic battle..you can see all that models in the hive model resource..

Level 7
..pls clarify the map description..and also the mission..that dragon is cool..i mean the mission..and also the other team..

Level 7
Yes...But There are no Good Dragon WC3 models that can fly and attack on land so this fits perfectly... there is nothing against using WoW models in maps though its just the map users Choice. Now posting wow models in the model section or asking for them. Thats against the rules..

Level 11
Solo'd it pretty easy though I got micro'ing down quite a bit from countless tests of Wc3RPG lol :p

All in all decently well, I can tell from the... uh... terrain if you wanna call it and the mob setup that it's similar to Sartherion.

The boss is pretty well made, though could probably be killed very fast and easy if I beat him from mostly auto attacks while I spammed heals on whoever was being attacked.

------------------

What I think needs changed

- Just to make it easier on a Resto shaman healer, give them a ranged attack, healers should not rush into melee range on a big dragon -_- that was a major annoyance when microing was the fact my shaman kept rushing in onto the mobs I was currently fighting, yes the Warrior did decent at tanking but even so you should really give the resto shaman any other healers a ranged attack.

- Variety among the mobs: All the mobs seem to be the same except for the 3 drakes, try adding some variety.

- Improve the terrain: It really needs some improvements, it's pretty basic and could really use it.

All in all thats all I really noticed that could use changing, I popped whosyourdaddy to wipe out the trash fast so I could test the boss and he was decent. You may wanna just make him a little smaller, ya bigger looks menacing and all, but you gotta think of gameplay too. A bigger boss makes targetting a huge pain in the ass, and the boss takes up almost the entire screen if it's to big, and the Nefarian model is notorious for how huge the model is.

Get those improvements going and I think this map has a shot. I'll take a look at the classes too real fast cause the first go over was for gameplay.

Level 7
Solo'd it pretty easy though I got micro'ing down quite a bit from countless tests of Wc3RPG lol :p

All in all decently well, I can tell from the... uh... terrain if you wanna call it and the mob setup that it's similar to Sartherion.

The boss is pretty well made, though could probably be killed very fast and easy if I beat him from mostly auto attacks while I spammed heals on whoever was being attacked.

------------------

What I think needs changed

- Just to make it easier on a Resto shaman healer, give them a ranged attack, healers should not rush into melee range on a big dragon -_- that was a major annoyance when microing was the fact my shaman kept rushing in onto the mobs I was currently fighting, yes the Warrior did decent at tanking but even so you should really give the resto shaman any other healers a ranged attack.

- Variety among the mobs: All the mobs seem to be the same except for the 3 drakes, try adding some variety.

- Improve the terrain: It really needs some improvements, it's pretty basic and could really use it.

All in all thats all I really noticed that could use changing, I popped whosyourdaddy to wipe out the trash fast so I could test the boss and he was decent. You may wanna just make him a little smaller, ya bigger looks menacing and all, but you gotta think of gameplay too. A bigger boss makes targetting a huge pain in the ass, and the boss takes up almost the entire screen if it's to big, and the Nefarian model is notorious for how huge the model is.

Get those improvements going and I think this map has a shot. I'll take a look at the classes too real fast cause the first go over was for gameplay.

haha yeah ok, He was harder before so i had to nerf him i think i nerfed him too much. but yeah will do. it is based on sarth. i got the idea from it when i was doing 3 drakes in wow. i think my terrain is basic yeah, but tbh i really dont know how to do terrain =/ hummm i think ill nerf auto damage a bit but it will imbalance solo but ill try to balance it out:grin:

Edit: testing some stuff out now

Edit 2: Updated

Last edited:
Level 7
Ok Bounty first, I like making wow raids so im not going to stop that.
4 mb is battle net playable so its not too big the green icons can be fixed. Boring Gameplay? have you read the comments and have you played it? it may not be your style so you shouldnt judge becuase you didnt like it. Unoriginal, at what aspect? the boss fight isnt unoriginal its unique then the others at hive. Show me a map of a single dragon boss with 3 boss adds here or similar aspect.