1. Are you planning to upload your awesome spell or system to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Alchemy system v2.0

Submitted by Sadrax
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
How to import:
a) click category with right mouse button and click "copy" (or just press ctrl+c)
b) ctrl + v in your maps trigger editor to paste it in there
[repeat 1 and b for all categories]
c) create variables [variable_name(var_type)]
potofstr1duration_p1 (C)
TMPnumb (C)
PotDrinkingUnit (unit)
triggeringunit_p1 (unit)
removeitem (item)
(if some aren't there they are for other players OR i just forgot about them[then it's my mistake -.-])
d) LAST but not the least: copy all special units, skills, items, efects (you'll need this)
HOW IT WORKS?
totaly new system. (more info in changelog)
Whats included:
- recipes for 2 potions (weak healing potion and potion of strenght 1);
- 2 potions and 2 different reagents;
CHANGELOG:
v 2.0 update:
a whole new system. this time it will work better and more realistic. 1st of all u need to find an Alchemist lab (yea, yea... no idea so copying from WoW/Gothic) next u need to buy WATER & VIALS cause without this raw materials u cant make potions (BONUS: find any kind of strong alcochol to empower the potion a bit.

Main alchemy trigger
  • Alchemy v2
    • Wydarzenia
      • Unit - A unit Start casting a spell
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Make Potions
    • Actions
      • Set triggeringunit_p1 = (Triggering unit)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Empty Vial) Equal to Yes
          • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Healing Herbs) Equal to Yes
          • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Water) Equal to Yes
          • (Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Empty Vial)) Bigger or Equal 1
          • (Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Healing Herbs)) Bigger or Equal 1
          • (Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Water)) Bigger or Equal 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Set TMPnumb = ((Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Healing Herbs)) - 1)
          • Item - Set charges remaining in (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Healing Herbs) to TMPnumb
          • Set TMPnumb = ((Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Empty Vial)) - 1)
          • Item - Set charges remaining in (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Empty Vial) to TMPnumb
          • Set TMPnumb = ((Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Water)) - 1)
          • Item - Set charges remaining in (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Water) to TMPnumb
          • Hero - Create Weak Healing Potion and give it to (Triggering unit)
        • Else - Actions
          • If- Conditions
          • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Healing Herbs) Equal to Yes
          • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Alcohol) Equal to Yes
          • (Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Empty Vial)) Bigger or Equal 1
          • (Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Healing Herbs)) Bigger or Equal 1
          • (Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Alcohol)) Bigger or Equal 1
          • Then - Actions
            • Set TMPnumb = ((Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Healing Herbs)) - 1)
            • Item - Set charges remaining in (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Healing Herbs) to TMPnumb
            • Set TMPnumb = ((Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Empty Vial)) - 1)
            • Item - Set charges remaining in (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Empty Vial) to TMPnumb
            • Set TMPnumb = ((Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Alcohol)) - 1)
            • Item - Set charges remaining in (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Alcohol) to TMPnumb
            • Hero - Create Weak Healing Potion(E) and give it to (Triggering unit)
          • Else - Actions
          • If - Conditions
            • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Blue Mushroom) Equal to Yes
            • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Water)Equal to Yes
            • (Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Blue Mushroom)) Bigger or Equal 2
              • (Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Water)) Bigger or Equal 1
          • Then - Actions
            • Set TMPnumb = ((Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Blue Mushroom)) - 2)
            • Item - Set charges remaining in (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Blue Mushroom) to TMPnumb
            • Set TMPnumb = ((Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Water)) - 1)
            • Item - Set charges remaining in (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Water) to TMPnumb
            • Hero - Create Potion of Strenght(1) and give it to (Triggering unit)
          • Else - Actions
          • If - Conditions
            • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Empty Vial)Equal to Yes
            • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Blue Mushroom) Equal to Yes
            • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Alcohol) Equal to Yes
            • (Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Blue Mushroom)) Bigger or Equal 2
            • (Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Alcohol)) Bigger or Equal 1
          • Then - Actions
            • Set TMPnumb = ((Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Blue Mushroom)) - 2)
            • Item - Set charges remaining in (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Blue Mushroom) to TMPnumb
            • Set TMPnumb = ((Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Alcohol)) - 1)
            • Item - Set charges remaining in (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Alcohol) to TMPnumb
            • Hero - Create Potion of Strenght(1)(E) and give it to (Triggering unit)
          • Else - Actions

Keywords:
alchemy, potions, system, herbs, vials, vial, herb
Contents

Alchemy v2.0 (Map)

Reviews
7 November 2015 Bribe: Rejecting due to the status of this resource being "needs fix" for years. 15:31, 3rd Feb 2010 The_Reborn_Devil: I'm sorry, but this isn't really a system, it's actually more like a template. For it to be a real system it...
  1. 7 November 2015
    Bribe: Rejecting due to the status of this resource being "needs fix" for years.

15:31, 3rd Feb 2010
    The_Reborn_Devil:
    I'm sorry, but this isn't really a system, it's actually more like a template. For it to be a real system it should be very easy to add new recipes, and not requiring you to copy an if and change which items are used/gained. If you have many recipes it would make the trigger insanely long or you would need many triggers to sort them. Also, we have a lot of these systems and this is not better than them.

Rating: N/A

Please find a better way to manage the recipes than the current way. PM me or another mod once you want it reviewed again.

2. Sadrax

Sadrax

Resources:
    Resources:
    Long time ago i made an alchemy system. yesterday i thought it would be good to change it a bit. if there are any bugs just say :) i'll fix it next weakend (lots of exams this weak :/ )
    edit:
    i havn't seen any alchemy systems on site recently thats why i made it ;). (i havn't been here for about a year so any1 can tell me if there was some kind of database clean or sth?)

3. Klingo

Klingo

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    can you post trigger in description

4. Sadrax

Sadrax

Resources:
    Resources:
    yea sure. it will just take me some time to translate it cause i dont have english wc3 editor version :)
    EDIT:
    <full of frustration>... ...
    ok translated and updated... if u don't mind, there are some small mistakes.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  5. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
  6. MortAr

MortAr

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Alchemy System = Recipe System

7. Kingz

Kingz

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I have to agree, this is same as a recipe system.

8. Pharaoh_

Pharaoh_

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Recipe system, like others suggested plus some facts:
    - You need to tell us in-game how the potions are done, along with the how-to-use alcohol & blue mushroom.
    - The table's role is like some piece of furniture -> it provides nothing, except for the actual concept.
    - Way boring, transferring the items from the character to the table.
    - No animations on the char, to give the concept of "doing some alchemy".
    - The final product should be moved to the character, not remain on the table and then have to be transferred to the character.
    - You should make a MUI system, that detects who placed the items in the table, in order to allocate the final potion for them, into their inventory, to actually support the previous suggestion.
    - The idea is not really original anyways, so, unless you come up with something more unique, I guess this will take a "Lacking" rating :/
    And yes, this is what I think it should get: 2/5.

9. Mallaboro

Mallaboro

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'll likely use this for my alchemist if I can't work out a alternative trigger on my own. Very very nice however.

10. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    You are not serious? This should be a system?

11. Mainywc3sear

Mainywc3sear

Resources:
    Resources:
    simple but awesome, very very nice