• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Escape System v2.0 [eleljrk]

Reactions: nooblet
Now everything is changed! From a simple slide system, its a ESCAPE SYSTEM. Where you can create a whole game out from this little system!

Read the following if you are intressted!

Escape System:

Version 1.0
by eleljrk

- First Release

Version 1.1
by eleljrk

- Fixed unit group bug.
- Removed "set unit" trigger and added a more precise system in the setup!
- Fixed everything this was rejected for!

I hope this will please the HiveWorkShop moderators!

Version 1.2
by eleljrk

- Removed some "leak" or "unefective" actions.
- Removed "turn around" chose.
- Added Dark Ice as none moving ice!
- Improved most of the triggers!

Version 1.3
by eleljrk

- Renamed the project from "Slide and Ice - System" to "Escape System"!
- Added damage tiles.
- Added death tiles.
- Added revive points / units.
- Fixed and improved setup and added settings trigger.

Enjoy the new system! A whole new concept!

Version 1.4
by eleljrk

- Added killer units. (Units that kill when you get close)

Version 1.5
by eleljrk

- Added Locust to units. (killers)
- Removed "No Move slide" trigger and moved the actions to "Slide"
- Set the time to 0.03 instead of 0.05 / Changed normal slide speed
- Added special effect to Damage!
- Added this short thanks to:
- - - * Aspard - Not for so much, but for beeing there.. O.,o
- - - * IaMfReNcH - For his great ideas! Thanks alot :D

Version 1.6
by hell gate

- Fixed alot of Leaks. Around 10-20!

Comment from eleljrk:
- Thanks alot man, good job and much more smoothe and stable! (OBS: And harder, units moves a bit faster)

Version 1.7
by eleljrk

- Removed some sence of lagg.
- Fixed some leak.
- Damage tiles is now cooler, and does more damage!

Enjoy my FINAL release!

(Where is 1.8 and 1.9?? :s)

Version 2.0
by eleljrk

- Rewrited the whole code / GUI
- Fixed everything that was uneffective
- Removed some leaks
- Added Mirror Slide

Lets hope that this is the final release.. lol

NEW - Image from this version:
spells_2798_screenshot.jpg

And then back to the old!

Image 1:
2r6g0ax.jpg

Image 2:
1z3wd4j.jpg

Image 3:
if5r9x.jpg

Image 4:
oacev7.jpg

All the following can simple be changed in the Setup trigger! Everything can be changed there! Even which type of tile you want to slide on, or die on!

Remember, this is made so you can edit everything inside the Setup, so you don't need to change every trigger at each game update!

Read everything, its shorter then it looks like!!

On the slide tile, you can slide around. This is a "skill" thing. You have to do difficult swings, and moves. And have to go dangerous places with no protection! This is maybe the best thing with this system!

Same thing as Slide tile. But, you cant move! NOT AT ALL! You are stuck in the set direction to victory or death! So be precise before doing anything.. Stupid..

Makes the unit go 180 degrees away from where you want him to go, this makes him to go in 100% wrong direction, and makes a mirror. Good at making maps harder!

If you move on the Death tile, you will instantly die! You cant do anything else. This is placed around the map, to make it difficult. Else its just fun!

Do not block the way with this tile, you cant get trough!

This tile takes some damage every second from the unit on it. This is uses so people not are gonna camp, but are moving. Because, you die after a while!

If you come close the the Circle of Power unit, all your dead team-mates will come alive! Also all not-dead heroes will come to the position of the circle of power! Use this around on the map, after hard spots and places!

OBS: You have to add each of this units MANUALLY in the Setup Trigger. You cant create a Revive Unit in the middle of the game!

This is the unit groups that kills nearby HEROES.
Another point why you have to set your "runners" or "escaper's" to heroes. Else it wont work properly!
- You can set their movement distance, only one distance each unit type. But you can add 1000 unit groups! (Or maybe more..?) So enjoy! :D

This is MUI, wich means it works for many units / heroes at the same time!
When you have entered the correct data for SS Setups you can do this things:
- Slide
- Mirror Slide
- Dont move slide
- Poison / Damage on tile
- Die / Kill on tile
- Make enemy units kill you by tuch
- Just move without anything extra
- Making mazes and hard maps to complete

With all this stuff you can make something like the popular game called "Polar Escape".
This is not the system used there, this is made by me for helping you!

This works like this:
- Unit entering a SETUPED tile can slide / damage / die by using the "SS TheSystem"
trigger, wich does everything with the sliding unit. You dont need to add the unit to
a special group, the system does it by itself.. (Only heroes will be added, but all
heroes in the map will be added)
You can add killing units / creeps that will kill the slider / hero when the slider /
hero is to close to him. You can set direction in WE (World Editor) by making it face
thedirection you want. In the "Object Editor" you can create new creeps / units and add
them to the map by setting them up in the "SS Setups" trigger. One unit-type can only
move one distance! So for different distances you need new units / creeps. You also
need to add the Maximum number of "Killer Units / Creeps". Else the creeps / units not
in the count, wont move. And will just stand and watch the game.

When you enter the setuped unit for Respawn, all dead heroes / sliders and the current
alive will be moced / rescurected on the unit that made to the respawn unit. This is
very simple, and you can add some cool custom text if you check the "SS Respawn"
trigger! I hope you will enjoy that!

There is some UnEnabled triggers, witch alows you to do some extra stuff. I wont make
any big documentation for them. But its a short text at the "Trigger Comment".

Hope you enjoyed reading this!

This is a simple and easy version of Escape Maker. The current map is just to show what this can do! You can add own triggers (of course..) and even more obvious, own terrain! You can use this system to make a whole game!

You don't need to reed this if you know how to import Triggers to your own map!
So here is the 5 points you have to follow if you want this system for your map:

1.) Find the "Escape System" folder and copy it to your Clipboard (Just Copy it by
pressing CTRL + C (Control + C)

2.) Open your own map, and hit File tab on the menu. Then go to Preferences -> General

3.) Check / Mark or turn on "Automatically create unknown variables while pasting trigger
data" Then click / press / hit "OK".

4.) Open your Trigger Editor, and Paste the Folder "Escape System" there. You can do that
by pressing CTRL + V (Control + V)

5.) Open the SS Setup Trigger and edit it to your like, and if there are any "Unenabled
Triggers" you have to enable them, oftest its a small bug caused if a action "Trigger
turn off / on / run" is in the trigger. Just open the action and click OK.

Now you should have a working "Escape System" on your map! Don't forget to give credits
and enjoy this system! :)

If you use this system, remember to add my name in the credits!
Enjoy my friends of HiveWorkShop.com

Thanks to:
Well, Hell Gate for learning me some stuff of leak.
Ralle for HiveWorkShop and his tutorials.
KingofCakes for making me write this new version.
Aspard should not be here.. But he deserve it becouse of all help, rep and.. beeing here!
IaMfReNcH for his great ideas, and much help!

And also a few more persons, that knows they are in this list, but not writed down! :D

DON'T EDIT ANY OTHER TRIGGERS THAN "SS SETUPS"!
FINAL RELEASE!

Keywords:
Slide, Ice, System, Escape, Build, Game, Run, Poison, Funny, Killers, Units, Final, Release
Contents

Slide System (Map)

Reviews
16:14, 24th Sep 2009 Hanky: This will be useful for GUI users who don't know how to make the main triggers for a slide escape. The system isn't perfect yet but still helpful for some people. If you could add some more documentation about "how the...

Was this helpfull?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Level 9
Im updating it heavy right now. Adding Mirror Slide, more configureables, documentation and more effective. And even more LeakLess (i found some leaks here and there).

Now ive rewrited the whole system from the beginning agein. Much better, just a few things to do before i release it!

KingofCakes, i hope you can wait and download the new release. It may come today! ;-)

EDIT: Update Made, now this is rewrited!
Enjoy this new version, comment leaks / improvement and other stuff..

There is also a chance of something missing since this is rewrited.

Last edited:
Level 9
(sry for double posting but look at :fp:Arnadath (is it forbidden to post twice? xD) anyway thx for the new version with mirror . I like also that you changed the poison tile damage system. I have only one bad point I started a map with your old system and now i have to set everything again xD whatever gj man

The settings are much easier now, so dont be afraid! ;D
And thats not dubble posting.. ;) Dubbel posting is writing 2 or more post in a row in same thread without any replies from other players between those replies you write.. If you understand..