• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Alchemist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
9prxxv.png

Alchemist

Finally, a project I plan on finishing... maybe... Alchemist is a twist on your average custom hero arena. Instead of learning spells, your hero makes potions, bombs and the like by combining items, and uses them to kill his enemies.

There are three main places on the map:

The Alchemy Labs:
Each player has an Alchemy Lab. The Alchemy Lab contains your cauldron, which you use to combine ingredients and brew potions, your bookshelf, which holds a few old alchemy tomes that list some combinations of ingredients, but not all of them, and your ingredients shelf, which starts off with a few basic ingredients, but in order to get more, you will have to find them yourself!

The Forest/Mountains Area:
This is where all the fighting and gathering takes place. A lush wilderness with thin, winding paths, perfect for setting traps and ambushes for your enemies (note: there are NOT creeps in this game). At any time, the alchemist may teleport to his lab from the forest or to the forest from his lab, but to avoid abuse, it takes 10 seconds to teleport back. When you teleport to the forest, the location you teleport to is somewhat random. There are herbs scattered across this area that you can pick up and use in potions.

The Caves Area [not in version 1.0]:
The caves area is, well, a cave... that is filled with ore deposits and rocks and other goodies that you can use for engineering (will be added in 2.0). Not much else to say about this, seeing as I haven't made it yet...

+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

Ingredient List [there will be more!]:
Deathweed -- Strong Poison
Coughroot -- Antidote
Chokeweed -- Minor Poison
Icecap -- Heat Resistance / Freezing
Fire Orchid -- Flammable
Goldpetal -- Healing
Greenthistle -- Speed/Dodging
Moonglow -- Invisibility
Sun Leaf -- Sight Range / True Sight
Tangleroot -- Stunning / Silencing
Blood Poppy -- Hallucinogen

Potion List:
a3i7au.png

Attachments

• alchemistls copy.png
    alchemistls copy.png
    519.5 KB · Views: 463
Last edited:
Level 36
I think that αλχεμιστ is more appropriate name than αλκεμιστ, because when transliterating from greek to english, the digraph ch replaces the letter χ, not κ.

Sorry if you may find this annoying, is just a detail I noticed xD

Yeah, but then it would be pronounced with a soft ch, no? And it also wouldn't look like english :p

EDIT:
Potion list added.

EDIT2:
I think you were just making a RPG? With of course epic idea... Bah those epic ideas.

Yeah, I was, but I got bored :p

This is quicker and easier to make, and a better idea imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 36
Okai.
Would be nice to give it an 'add'. Could be done easy with Local Multiboards, and some green/red colors.

Nyah~~

An 'add'?

Anyhow, the potion mixing system is done (well, not all the eye candy and all that bullcrap, but the mechanics are done). I'm going to work on potion abilities next.

Currently I have 11 different kinds of ingredient and 55 different potions.

Level 8
Its easier to balance if all heroes can use all spells. No one can be overpowered, some spells just become more popular because they are stronger. (edit. Or easier to use ´)

All Heroes can use all spells, right? I havent read the whole thread, but I was under the impression that spells are like potions, and you need to make them or something..

Level 8
I made a neat bomb system for this map, and now when Christmas is nearly like over, Im going to work with this lil´ poison system.

Void is probably coming back to work with this in few days, I suppose.

EDIT:
Im actually having few crazy ideas for that system, but Im not sure if they are even possible to do.

Either way, it is gonna be an awesome system.

Level 36
Yep. Just waiting on your poison system, which I expect to be totally awesome just like the bomb system :3

EDIT:
Oh, and just making sure, I'd prefer if you didn't release these systems to the public until at least 2 or 3 versions after the release. Thanks :]]]

Level 9
I think you are gonna need a very good and explanatory way of showing available recipes to the players...I suggest a command like -potions, then a filter covers the player screen showing him the combinations, otherwise it's quite hard to memory such a large number of stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.