• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Aircraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Ive got this idea for a map in some time, my freinds think its a good idea so now i try make it.
The map is a fly simulator thingy, you get a random flying unit (like dragonhawk rider or Frostwyrm) and then you fly. The controls is like in the most games: Up for down, down for up, right for right and left for left. The game isent fight based but theirs going to be mods where you have to destroy. These are the modes i have come up whit:

RM - Race mode:
A race way is settedup, around theres going to be some hovering Circles that you have to pass throught, then you has to fly through the next and so on, this continue until u reach the start, first over the start wins.

DM - Destruction mode
your "airplane" got a shoot abillity, be the first to shoot down a picked amount of enemies.

MM - Manouver mode
You got some guys behind you which are shooting slow bullets after you, be the last standing.

i hope any would come whit any ideas :)

Last edited:
Level 8
I like you style, have a rep.

We need more people with your "I don't care if it is easier, this is to be unique" attitude. Look for the pilot system in the maps section. It has a plane flying system. (I didn't realise I had to select my plane when I first tried it and got annoyed)

Level 4
Are there gonna be cool obstacles flying in air and small tunnels you gotta fly through? I wants them. I could even try terraining a small example of that if i seem to have time.

Really good idea though :)

Level 8
Tunnels are not that hard to make. You make a cliff (or don't, it doesn't matter that much.) Then, while holding shift (important) you place a row of arches. This means that units can only go through the arches, and they will be close enough to appear to be a tunnel.

I used this on one of my maps as an alternative to having water in a certain place.

Level 15
ok, i reobtained the work on the map after it got away :S but now i started over again and ive done abit. The flying system is nearly done exept the trigger that makes your Flying Hieght the same all over the ground even if its raised.

Everything else has not been made, no modes nor zeppelins/air tunnels :(
If you got any ideas i will gladly use them - aslong theyre good :p

And no - im not working whit the pilot system anymore.. i realised i could make a map myself :D

Last edited:
Level 36
You should be able to shoot in all modes, but in deathmatch you score by killing, in race you score by racing (add speed powerups and maneuvers to get speed up) and in maneuver mode... well you should take that out because it doesn't sound very fun. Maybe make it so you have to complete an objective while being fired at.

Level 15
Race mode has been dumped, ive trye it but it make the game lag like hell... Well, manouver mode is going to get changed sience more units just make every thing lagg even more, instead, you fly whit only 255 flying hieght (its close to the ground) and very fast. So you have to do manouvers to survive.l
Thank you all for suport!

Level 7
Sounds fun. I tried making a side scrolling jet game with about 4-6 players. Would have a camera looking from straight above and would move using the arrow keys. Your cam would be locked with the moving cam from above thats going down a straight line, giving the illussion of the snes side scroller.

Only reason I never got it going is that I havent fooled with figuring out how to moving the character a small notch on the map up,down,left,right by trigger. Say i want to move up and down, a trigger automatically moves unit alittle below or above while using a trigger to change the animation. Im pretty sure its done with something like a point offset from unit trigger.

Their wont be no move command, just movement done by triggers linked with animations changed with triggers also, it just works best for my idea i think.

Then being a modeller, u can make a boss out of say 4 units moving insync together. Have like 3 units as guns and the main unit as the boss ship. The only unit that counts for the win is killing the main ship. If you kill the main ship all the smaller units (turrets) explode or you can kill all the units as turrets and then go for the main boss unit to make it easier to kill.

Then shooting will be hotkeyed so you can use keyboard buttons to fire with custom powerups and ammo types on the levels.

Idk that was my idea =).

Level 11
Could try to make a collision "when a unit gets so close to a item, give unit an item of that type, remove selected item" or unit gets so close to unit, give them item destroy unit. Lol think there tis a way to that in triggers. Seen a similar map years ago, but stoped after like 2 versions, even though it was decently popular saw usually 3-4 rooms of it being hosted at a time. (and back then it was amazing to see that many rooms of a game hosted unless it was Loap, or an Arena.)

Manuver mode could have zepplins above droping bombs down at you instead/or also.

Destruction mode could have homing missles, possibly lasers if willing to further the year of taking place =P.

Could also have a mode where you control a zepplin and you are the one dropping bombs on npcs instead, get most kills dropping bombs, dif DM mode.

Could have kamikaze wyvern riders

When flying low if flying over water, have water beasts like hydras try to chomp' ya' from the waters surface.

makea team mode with the dm mode
team mode instead of basic flyers though, 1 person could be pilot one could be weapons operator(or rider and mount), or one could use main flyer and second has main job of repairing/healing and non destructive spells like hook on dm mode.

CTF Mode (capture the flag)

kinda explains itself. have average height set, kill people wit flag to return it. Fly by flag to gain it. Would have to make many paths to each other teams bases so other team can find shorter path and catch up.

Have camera set up so people can see dif parts of map from a "stationary camera"

through all my ideas out i could think of

usually people hate ressurecting old ideas, but as long as you accomplish what so many has failed to do, it's ok with me. So some motivation is this
+REP

Level 4
I have been waiting for somebody to post a First person flyer, i once played a game where you could choose different planes, and do missions, it was something about Pearl Harbor i think.

Anyway, it was really fun, an idea is you could add missons into this,like trying to destroy a target while your against people trying to get rid of your lives.

You could also different planes like rakdos said, like bombers, fighters, missle, ect, but you should be able to choose between them.

You get money from kills = use money to buy better planes.

Level 11
omg wish we could connect a ps3 sixaxis controller to the computer(its connection is usb) and use the sixacis control to pilot the planes on this lmao, hopefully a warcraft 4 would allow controllers lmao.

Level 10
Anyway, you could make missions as a campaign, moving from easy ones to harder ones and making the game better. There you would choose a plane and then improve it eith the money you'll get after each mission. You know adding better weapons, flight things, missiles or even just some color to your plane to have your personal touch! Also the missions could depend on the plane and planes should differ. I think it's a good option. Add a freestyle mode to this campaign so that you can test the plane and see what it lacks or simulate a fleight for your next mission. I think this could make it a nice add-on for warcraft!

Level 15
View attachment AirCraft_V0.31.w3x

w00t, the beta is up, with 2 modes, Destruction (death macth) and free flight. Destruction still got some heavy leaks, like you're hit even if there a difference on 1000 flying range, and then, it never ends, the winner just keep flying, and flying... and flying....

so, pick free flight and try out :)
oh, and barrel roll is disabled, it looks like crap :D
also, i wont work on this for a time, working on Vehicle Arena as Critters is making items for my RPG.

Status
Not open for further replies.