• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Air Race [Recruitment]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Air Race

Info:

Air race is an old project, on that I stopped working long time ago, because of lack of motivation.
It's inspired by gameplay of games like Mario Kart. You controle a flying vehilce, and race against others.
You have to avoid creeps and obstacles, and also have the possibility to pick up supporting items.

Movement:

The vehicle is constantly moving forwards. Use arrow keys left/right to turn and to avoid creeps/obstacles.
There are 3 different height levels. Use arrow keys up/down to fly higher and lower. ( You need this to avoid creeps/obstacles.)
When hitting the border/wall/obstacles/creeps you are stunned for two seconds.

Items:

I pretty much just copied some items of Mario Kart:

- Star (temporary invul + speedburst)
- Mushroom (speedburst)
- Golden Mushroom (possibility of multiple speedburst)
- Lightning (slows & shrinks enemies)
- Slow (slows the vehicle for a short moment)

You can maximum have 3 abilites at once. While first one (Slow) is a permanent ability, the other ones have to be picked up with items, and also get removed immediatly after usage.

Q = Use 1st ability
W = Use 2nd ability
E = Use 3rd ability

Pictures: (big)

Start

Items

Obstacles

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Levels:

At the moment there exists only one playable level. In future there might be more levels that will be chooseable in game.
Each level should/will have some kind of induviadulity, that differs from others. So there will be need of some creativity.

Recuitment:

Well, so if you feel interested supporting this project feel free to post here, or just contact me.
You can support it with testing it, or give constructive suggestions.
If you have good level ideas, you could give a try and create a new level.
Else, in general... anything what you think it to get it completed, as I have no problems with sharing this project and make a cooperation.

So you can occupy your position by yourself, but please consider to bring enough experience/knowledge in the certain section, to ensure some sort of quality.

Download:

The map file is attached to the post. Have fun - and thanks for reading!

Attachments

• Air Race Pic 3.png
    Air Race Pic 3.png
    2 MB · Views: 185
  • Air Race Pic 1.png
    Air Race Pic 1.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 180
  • Air Race Pic 2.png
    Air Race Pic 2.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 148
  • Air Race v0.4g.w3x
    1.3 MB · Views: 63