• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[AI] AI problem... Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Okay, so I had this really cool AI made in the AI-editor. I tried it a few time on my map, and then continued with other stuff like intro cinematic and such things... Now it doesn't work anymore! How come?! I haven't changed anything in the AI-editor...

Level 3
I had removed the creep priorities but added them again now. They started to attack again but not the player but the creeps, which they're allied with... If I remove that priority again I'm afraid they'll just stand there again :S

What shall I do?

Level 3
Sorry for bothering you all with my questions but this is really slowing my work a great deal.

They still won't attack. I removed the "creep priorities" by the way. Since they are ally to neutral hostile on this map I thought it wasn't needed... Or must it be there? Anyways, I've checked the building part too and it looks good... I have made like 4-5 different attack groups and added each of the groups in the attack waves. I’ve added them like this:

1 SmallGroup
2 SmallGroup
3 MediumGroup
3 MediumGroup

Etc. I hope this will explain more what I've done and what I've missed. Please, anyone, help me out!

Thanks for reading.

Level 3
I haven't got an older version of it... You may suggest me now to remake it. But What if the same happens again? It is just random, sometimes it works and sometimes it just won't?

:confused:

Level 25
Looks good, pm when it's done?

Could it have something with that you're overiding the food? As you've only build 1 Ziggurat, that comes with 10 food, you need to make 'em build more Ziggurats, so they can support your attack force.

(Overriding food is in red)

Level 3
I'm well aware of that, this AI is used on a map where they start with maximal food limit :) (It's a campaign AI).

But sometimes it is bugged, well also it seems to be like that now, having a start amount of ziggurats might cause the AI to work not probertly... I would say remove start and remove the buildtime of the first 10 zigurrats the player builds. Or something like that. You can also set the amount of food gained by a trigger so you can remove the food the zigurrats give. That might also solve your problem.

Level 3
I tried your method, but still they just stood still... Then I "outsmarted" it! I added several of ziggurats in the AI building sections but with the condition: "if [ziggurat] equal less than 6"! :D It works perfectly now, and I would never have thought about that if you hadn't helped me. Thanks for all help and of course I'll give you well deserved + rep!

Here's a screenshot of it

Thanks again :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.