• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

AI Looping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello there! It is i again!

Currently im working in AI editor, creating AI for my customized Melee map races. Although i still dont understand everything in AI editor.

And that's why i require help.

If i remember properly, there is some kind of loop system in AI editor, that "priorities" of AI will repeat after time.

Or example of what i mean: Lets say i create AI and order it to create 10 footmen and 5 priests. Then it goes killing, and all of its units are dead. And then the loop takes turn - because it will train units again!

So i just want to ask: If i set in priorities of my AI to 10footmen, he will always train 10 footmen and never more? And when they die, will he retrain them? And if yes, will he retrain 10 or how much of footmen? And again, if my AI has in priorities Footmen only 2x, i cant expect him to create army of them?

And one more thing: Lets say i want my AI to have army made of:
10footmen, 5priests, 3sorceress, 2gryphons 7riflemen.
So if i simply put 10footmen, 5 priests etc... at the start, he will retrain them always when he dont have 10 (5 in case of priests, etc) of them? And so on.
*I think this is the same question as in previous article

I think i asked the same question like five times, so i hope you know what i mean.
Thanks for help! And also, please dont send me some random AI editor guides, ive read them all (although i might not remember everything). Unless the answer is somewhere in the guide.

Once more thanks for help. I hope some will come.

Level 14
I know you said that I shouldn't post a tutorial on the AI editor, but I'm still going to since it has some refference to your problem.

http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=92915

This:
Why is it called building priorities? what's that?

The AI will build the units following the list order, but if any previous unit or building is killed, the AI will give priority to replace the fallen unit according to the list order.

Now that we now how the priorities work, let's start adding some units to this list. As you can see, the list is prefilled with the main hall and 5 peasants, those units are the first units set in a melee game, and with them we are going to build our town. First of all, we need to build a barrack, a farm and an Altar of Kings buildings. To do that, we select the last unit in the list, right click with the mouse, and we will have a menu with the options (Figure 4). We select Add priority..., and a dialog box will appear: the unit type dialog box (Figure 5).

Is what I meant.
Just read the tutorial, everything you want to know is in there.
You can use the prioritie's list to create buildings and train units.
About looping: I'm not sure since I'm not that famillair with the AI editor. I infact HATE the AI editor... (I would rather trigger it myself then use the AI editor)
It doesn't even give good support for creating hero AI. For that you'll have to create AI scripts.

For example: http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=79638
This gives you way more controll over the AI you want to create.
Blizzard should at least take some efforts in giving us a up to date AI editor, doing it manually is a pain in the @ss at the moment >.>

Level 7
Whoa, you saved me once again!

Also, this tutorial is better than the other basic ones, for it doesnt just say what each tab do, but also creates his own example AI. And another great thing, that this tutorial helped me to solve another issue with my AI.

Thanks again!

But i dont need tutorial how to make AI for heroes.. at least for now :D. Maybe when ill start working on some Castle Defense map, but for now nope. But thanks for this too!

Status
Not open for further replies.