• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

AI help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Sorry for asking I can most likely find this somewhere but since I haven't been on hive for a long time I ask it here. I was wondering how to change the AI *opponent computers* so that they make other units as well, as I am working on a project right now that requires me to edit the AI. If anyone could help me that would be appreciated.

Level 30
No I mean how can you add custom units to the AI so that when you are in game it starts to make that custom unit that you have made in the editor.

Can you explain further and clearly? What do you mean by custom units adding to the AI and also it starts to make the custom unit that you have made in the editor? Do you mean it starts to train those units? Well, you are aiming for Melee map, you cn just add the basic melee triggers.

Level 30
I think he meant like a custom race and he want some AI to use that new race properly.

Well, I guess you can use the AI editor, but I haven't really tried that out. Triggering your AI to do stuff is one thing too.

Well, if that the case, you are right :b. He will have to go to AI Editor and do some work on there and either use the trigger.

Level 6
If not a melee map. that's a long coding..

You can do it by using Units - Order to train a Unit and just add the main condition Player is a Computer equal to true..

You can add also asign Custom ID to Units that are available to train.. use Unit Type variable..

Then you can create your own like.. when the computer's enemy has a X Unit you can set an Integer to the Custom_ID[Integer]. Let's say Footman = Custom_ID[1], Rifleman = Custom_ID[2]

When the other players train more Ghoul.. (you can detect this by Number of Ghoul is greater than Number of Units X)

Then just set Integer to 1...

I think.. on this problem you need this triggers..

AI Initialize Unit Types
AI Train Units
AI Assign Units to Train

You can also add additional actions AI Action After Train.. like

After the Computer Player train a Footman.. the trained unit will be order to move to a Random Townhall owned by that player.. or move to the specific hero

Create an AI that wil suit your Gameplay..

If you don 't understand this..Nevermind

Level 30
If not a melee map. that's a long coding..

You can do it by using Units - Order to train a Unit and just add the main condition Player is a Computer equal to true..

You can add also asign Custom ID to Units that are available to train.. use Unit Type variable..

Then you can create your own like.. when the computer's enemy has a X Unit you can set an Integer to the Custom_ID[Integer]. Let's say Footman = Custom_ID[1], Rifleman = Custom_ID[2]

When the other players train more Ghoul.. (you can detect this by Number of Ghoul is greater than Number of Units X)

Then just set Integer to 1...

I think.. on this problem you need this triggers..

AI Initialize Unit Types
AI Train Units
AI Assign Units to Train

You can also add additional actions AI Action After Train.. like

After the Computer Player train a Footman.. the trained unit will be order to move to a Random Townhall owned by that player.. or move to the specific hero

Create an AI that wil suit your Gameplay..

If you don 't understand this..Nevermind

Nicely done, bro. You are so experienced with AI! You are genius so have a +3 REP!

Status
Not open for further replies.