• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

AI Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I have a weird problem with the AI editor. I just finished a custom race and im trying to test it with a custom AI. All seems to work fine, but when the AI upgrade the base building they build a new one as well.
Can someone help with that? Its annoying :(

I have a weird problem with the AI editor. I just finished a custom race and im trying to test it with a custom AI. All seems to work fine, but when the AI upgrade the base building they build a new one as well.
Can someone help with that? Its annoying :(

Did you "connect" the structures with the "Upgrades To" field?

Level 3
Yes i did. The AI upgrades the base building to second tier well but it builds another base building. Seems like the second upgrade isnt caregorized as base building, and i have build tier 1 town hall at first conditio in building tab.

Level 12
This is the third thread about this issue that I encountered. There was one from 2014 and my one from 2015... Will there be a fourth one in 2017?

I believe the answer is is that the AI editor is bugged like that when it comes to custom races. Some workarounds to this are:

1) Base your custom races' town halls on existing town halls (as in rename and replace them without creating custom units) and replace one of the 4 races with a custom race. Of course if you also want to use all the 4 initial races this becomes an issue.

2) Have your techtree not use a 3 tier system for town halls. I know in Dawn of War some races have a 3 tier town hall system, others don't and instead use buildings/researches to advances in tech.

3) Design your techtree to make having more town halls useful in some way. Maybe make it a strong defensive structure? Production of elite units? Maybe the more halls you have the cheaper some units become?

Hope you can get around this annoying problem >.< For myself I changed my custom races' town hall to be a single-tiered one to get around the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.