• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

AI Designer: Castle Fight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

If we talk about AI, is it AI like using the AI Editor or intelligent triggers controlling unit behaviour ?
I recently got a greater interest into this topic.

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
intelligent triggers controlling unit behaviour
Basically all that is needed for the Computer-controlled player is to construct buildings. But those building choices must be made according to what the enemies of the AI are building.

It's really a rock-paper-scissors logic.
A counters B.
B counters C.
C counters A.

So if I have 2xA buildings, what does the AI build? C Buildings. But if I start adding in B Buildings, the AI must adapt accordingly. The catch is that instead of 3 factors (A, B and C), you have much more - the armor and attack types in Warcraft 3. :)

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

This should be very easy to achieve.
I could imagine it being done with a handful of variables and triggers.

If you would like to, I can create it :)
I would need just a few information.

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
I may be interested. Though I will have to read through the information properly, a tad too stressed right now.
Sure, hit me on PM when you want to discuss it. :)
I can help you. from what I understand it's pretty easy. just a small amount of triggers.
Since, Chaosy responded first, I'll discuss it with him first. Hope you don't mind. Also, the amount of triggers may indeed not be that big, but their length certainly will.

Status
Not open for further replies.