• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Aggro Range Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I've been trying to figure out how to change a units range for engaging to aid another unit of the same player. I have many many units throughout the map and I'd like to make it more controllable when it comes to pulling however many enemies you want at a time. I'd like the player to be able to attack one enemy without pulling all others in a very large radius. I thought what controls that was "Combat - Call For Help Range" but so far, adjusting it to as small as 50 range doesn't seem to stop units from being pulled at very far distances. Any help? I hope this doesn't require some intricate set of triggers to stop units from pulling from so far away, I under stand maybe a distance of like 250-300 but not at the current default distance which seems to be in the 800-1000 range.

Level 6
I tried setting the camp radius to 200 and made sure all the units have camp selected but they are still pulling from far away. Is there anything else that affects that?

Level 6
aw you mean how close u can get to it before it attacks you?
its an object editor field of the unit called "Combat - Acquisition Range"

No, I mean how far one unit is from another before they will come help if it's being attacked. I'm trying to make a map where you can take on one enemy at a time or several. What's happening here is they are pulling from very far away when one of them is attacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.