• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Age of Napoleon ReDuX 2.7BETA

Reactions: Warhunter and Kwah
Please I need suggestions and ideas for further versions. Please contact me if you have either.

Game Basics
You start off as a major power in 1802 Europe after the Treaty of Amiens. You're goal is outmatch your rivals and become the soul Emperor of the continent. Capturing Villages, Towns and Cities to represent territory and to give resources. The more territory you hold the more gold you will get to fund your military. Pick your allies by using the generic chat-command of "-ally [color], -Na [color]" or pick your enemies by "-Unally [color]".

Use your military skill and diplomatic prowess to position yourself as champion of 19th century Europe.

Nations:
-Great Britain
-French Empire
-Denmark
-Naples
-Spain
-Portugal
-Ottoman Empire
-Austria
-Sweden
-Russia
-Prussia

2.7BETA Changelog:
-Increase Cavalry effectiveness against infantry
-Increased Elite guards food cost from 1 to 2
-Fixed tooltips so they don't reference old systems
-Misc. updates

2.6BETA Changelog:
-Added autowar trigger(makes players unally when you attack their units)
-Removed commercial buildings, units now require food.
-Made techtree more complicated. You now need to upgrade all 3 tiers in order to make it to the max level in each.
-Added a edited bash ability to dragoons and curassiers.
-Increased costal bombardment ranged by 100
-Added garrison units to all starting armies
-Fixed tips
-Increased minimum range
-Now when units are attacked by cavalry they auto-switch to bayonets
-Fixed cobble stone
-Added units and buildings to make minor nations stronger
-Lowered starting upgrades for all nations
-Decreased speed of upgrades
-Made transports weaker and slower
-Made militia more expensive
-Added attack to admirals
-Removed AoE from Ship attacks
-Made Artillery AoE smaller
-Artillery AoE no longer does damage to friendly units
-Increased the health of villages, towns, and cities.
-Added creeps more creeps to north africa
-Misc. updates I cbf'd to remember.

2.3BETA Changelog:
-Added minimum range of 120 to ranged units(Causing them to flee in the face of calvary charges.)
-Balanced upgrades
-Fixed Russian Generals
-Set multiboard timer to update less frequently to lower lag slightly. If it shows marked improvement may remove all together.
-Balanced ships
-Fixed splash damage from attacking allies for ships.
-Reduced Lag to make playable
-Fixed Neutral hostile bug that made them passive.
-Added Units to Poland and Holland to make them stronger.

2.2BETA:
-Removed Weather Effects (I.E Snow, Rain, Rays of light.)
-Removed Grouping System
-Added starting armies
-Fixed game menu type on Austria - Prussia(Previously misslaballed Ottoman Empire)
-Balanced Artillery better
-Reset unit costs and building time
-Made sea battery stronger
-Minor terrain tweaks.

2.0Final Changelog:
-Had to remove tons of models and imported more optmized ones to replace. Notable are the Villages, Towns, City and General models.
-Replaced icons with more wc3 matching ones and only kept historic icons for generals.
-Added new icons for Infantry, Artillery, Calvary upgrades.
-Added icons for attack types.
-Terrain changes across the map. Mostly adding rivers. Such as the Danube, Rhine, Po ect.
-Split cannons up into 3 types. 4pdr, 8pdr, 12pdr Field Artillery.
-Added Square Formation for defense against Calvary for Infantry.
-Revised the upgrade system. Now you must be at a certain level for certain units to be accessible. You can train Regulars once you upgrade your infantry doctrine to level 3 and ect for every unit.
-Made Cobble stone and Stone path terrain the only buildable terrain except for defensive structure.
-Added Engineer that is trained at the military academy. Now constructs defensive structures.
-Added Ferries for easier movement and more realistic conditions.
-Ships of the line can now attack at a very low range in-land at ground units, structs, ect.
-Many balancing changes and upgrade enhancements.

These screenshots are from older versions. If you would like to send me some updated screenshots from the latest version I would be glad to update this list.

Vienna:

Toulon:

St.Petersburg:

Prussia defends Vienna:

Moscow:

Malta:

London:

Kiev:

Gibraltar:

Defense of Berlin:

Danish Invasion:

Crimerea:

Cannons rape Russians:

Brest:

Spain vs. Austria:

British Encircled:
aonssbritishencircled20.jpg

Italian Front:
aonssitalianfront20.jpg

Keywords:
18th century, 19th century, muskets, bayonets, europe, diplo, strategy, napoleonic,
Contents

Age of Napoleon ReDuX 2.7BETA (Map)

Reviews
19:11, 14th Dec 2009 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 3
Fix the creeps. They sometimes don't fight me If I attack them too quickly. Problem a problem because of the grace period. Should have a message telling players the grace period is over, even though it states that it only last a turn in the beginning. Also James there are different nation units scattered in the wrong places in the map. For example, there are Austrian units in Russia and different nations units in the wrong spot all over.

Level 4
I have found that this doesnt work on my computer for some reason :/ but it seems like a pretty good idea, only thing i say is that to bring weather effects back because it makes it more realistic.

Level 4
Hey James, did you fix Sweden/Denmark ferry point? Cuz in 2.0 ferry didnt work for transporting troops from Denmark to Scandanavia.
-And u added a minimum of 120 range for infantry so that they will flee in face of calvary? What does this mean? So ur saying 1 or a few calvary units will send a whole army of infantry retreating?!?!? I hope this isnt wut u intended....

Level 13
Fix the creeps. They sometimes don't fight me If I attack them too quickly. Problem a problem because of the grace period. Should have a message telling players the grace period is over, even though it states that it only last a turn in the beginning. Also James there are different nation units scattered in the wrong places in the map. For example, there are Austrian units in Russia and different nations units in the wrong spot all over.

Fixed.

I have found that this doesnt work on my computer for some reason :/ but it seems like a pretty good idea, only thing i say is that to bring weather effects back because it makes it more realistic.

Weather effects added a lag spike that I can't help but hate. Sorry.

Hey James, did you fix Sweden/Denmark ferry point? Cuz in 2.0 ferry didnt work for transporting troops from Denmark to Scandanavia.
-And u added a minimum of 120 range for infantry so that they will flee in face of calvary? What does this mean? So ur saying 1 or a few calvary units will send a whole army of infantry retreating?!?!? I hope this isnt wut u intended....

Fixed. Test the map to see what I mean. I've added it in. It means if a unit is within 120 of a ranged unit they have to move back until they aren't to attack. They only flee until the unit is 120 away.

Level 6
Suggestion:
Make the Ferry System more realistic, like a transport boat will go pick them up to the other point so the ferrying forces can still be killed, delaying the reinforcements... and they will not just go "TADAA!!! i'm on the other side"...

Level 4
Fixed.

Weather effects added a lag spike that I can't help but hate. Sorry.

Fixed. Test the map to see what I mean. I've added it in. It means if a unit is within 120 of a ranged unit they have to move back until they aren't to attack. They only flee until the unit is 120 away.

I think what he means is that 120 is very little space. 128 is melee which is essentaily no space in between. the riflemen would move like a milimeter before firing again so it wouldnt be that big of a radius. only a true full scale cavalry charge could do something like make an army scatter from being hunted down.

Level 4
Hey James, i find this a bit inaccurate, how come 4/8 pounder artillery have more atk range than 12 pounder? Also, I think overall atk range for all types of artillery should be increased, u have to get a bit too close to buildings in order to atk them in my opinion

Here it is:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=j4lvrk

I didn't do the sabre animation, since the horse mesh was acting all ghostly, moving even though it didn't have any keyframes etc. It's anims were generally messed up when i imported it (it's the archmage horse), and it's been too much work already just to get the model in this shape.
However, now i has all the things you would request form a decent model, including camera, footsteps, etc. It's a bit less dramatic now only having the musket, but it will have to do. Hope you enjoy it anyways.

Level 2
James7, can i use the napoleonic model which you used for the generals and grenadiers in AON vers. 1.7 please?

Cheers,
12_asd

Level 1
Warcraft map during Age of Napoleon, what is the latest version?Chinese player wishes to a Chinese version...The first World War world of Warcraft map is very good!:goblin_good_job: