• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Against the Darkness Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
The Hosted Project, Again the Darkness has just been released. You can download the map Here.

I'm happy to announce that after over 7 months of off and on work, Against the Darkness: Version 1 has been released! The map itself is available for download here.

I would advise you to read over the "Submitters Description" before hosting the map on Battle.net because it will help greatly in understanding how to play the game. Thank you to The Hive for hosting this project, and I hope that the majority of yall will enjoy this map and stop playing Vampirism!

*Note: If you downloaded this map before 5:30 pm CST, March 16, 2007, please discard it and re-download Against the Darkness, for I made a major bug fix on the Death Knight cinematic. Thank you.

:spell_breaker: -NiTe

You can read the announcement Here.

Last edited:
Level 32
WTG 1)ark_NiTe !

Looks like 1d is the current version:
Against the Darkness: Version 1d
maps_3837_preview_tn.jpg

Against the Darkness: Version 1 is an
8 vs 1 Survival/Hunter-Hunted type map.
There is one (1) team of eight (8) Death Hunters
who have been called to a isolated village in Lordaeron
to defeat a second team of a single (1) rogue Death Knight.

When's the next update planned?

Level 32
*bump*

Against the Darknessv1j-O.w3x seems to be the latest version...it looks good.

The new preview pic is far more colorful than the old one was.

Your change log is growing fast, thanks for updating it (and the map itself) based on the feedback that you've received.

What's the story with the spell contest, how do you want to proceed on that front?

Level 18
It's hard to keep up with your activity Wolve! By the time I read this post I have already had two updates, the latter being today with version 1l-O.

The combined changes are as follows;

Version k

1. NEW ABILITY: The Mage of Nature has received a new ability which replaces Electric Storm; Alchemy. Study the
ancient art of Alchemy, learning how to create two potions for each level learned. Mana cost increases per level of the potion being created.
2. Icon changed for 1)ark_NiTe's Sword of Souls and a new icons added for 1)ark_NiTe's Flame Blade and the Sunchiefs Mace.
3. New potions added with the creation of Alchemy; Potion of Haste (custom), Clarity Potion, Potion of Invisibility, Vampiric Potion, Anti-Magic Potion, Potion of Bloodlust (custom).
4. Four new items dropped by creeps; Potion of Light, Crumbling Figurine, Naga Starscope, Warriors Bracer.
5. Various tool-tip fixes.

Version l

6. Potion of Speed fixed
7. Alchemy hotkey fixed
8. Rocky-Snow tile changed to Lordaeron Snow tile
9. Death Hunter spawn terrain remodeled
10. Obelisk of the Damned shop finally fixed
11. Ghost walk tooltips fixed
12. Architect warning notice when building on the eastern hill.
13. Death Knight now actually able to complete the Elder Farseer's quest.

Now, as far as a contest goes, I am still considering it to replace the Mage of Nature's ability "Energy Lightning" which is a standard WC3 ability. I think the contest would require creating a spell called "Natures Fury" which would send a stampede of animals (in a shockwave like fashion) rushing towards a target, each animal doing damage in an AOE-line fashion. This would be a 4 level spell.

Level 18
To help you guys out with grammar (sorry to bust your bubble) any words that start with a vowel, apple, elephant, have to be segmented with an instead of a. Nice map by the way.

Where did we use the a/an thing incorrectly? Not that it matters much anyways.

Thank you for the comment, I'm glad you think so. It's gone through a lot of work. Since I'm writing in this area, I might as well provide the community with an update.

Version m

1. NEW ABILITY- The Death Knight has received a new Level 12 Ultimate ability to replace Night Fiend (level 12); Nether Prison. The most dark of any spell in the Death Knight's book; Nether Prison sends a target enemy Hero into an abysmal plane of the Twisting Nether. Here, the Hero's spirit withers in a cell where it is hampered relentlessly with demonic spells, and attacked from all sides by Nether Spires. After 10 seconds, the Hero is pulled back into the world, but suffers from Insanity for 10 more seconds.
2. Boots of Speed gold cost increased to 190 to prevent a Death Knight from acquiring this valuable item too early on in the game.
3. Crypt Shield icon and name changed to "Leather Armor". Icon and name change for Enchanted Armor (formally Enchanted Shield)
4. Razormane ultimate creeps difficulty reduced, making it now possible for a high level Death Knight to stand a chance against them.
5. Gold received from Gold Coins now reduced to 8 instead of 10.

Hope everyone will have time to test the latest changes, and trust me you will enjoy this new and powerful Death Knight ultimate!

Level 18
The one he mentioned.

Yeah but I have no idea what he was talking about. If there are any grammar errors like this, I'd like to know where they are the errors so I can fix them. Many times I don't spend a lot of my time making sure the tool-tips are 100% flawless so this may be how any errors slipped past me. If you know of any specifically just let me know and they will be addressed.

Level 24
Dark Nite i just want to congatulate you for having this outstanding succes
But Fear cause my Trillogy Map-Fall of Man will deafeat your Against The Darkness.
My projects are-Fall Of Man-The Begining of The End
Fall Of Man-Human Betrayal
Fall Of Man-In The Heart Of Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.