• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hosted Project - Against the Darkness 2.67

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Hosted Project - Against the Darkness 2.67b

bi6mbo.jpg

Today, 1)ark_NiTe released a newer and improved version of his famous map, Against the Darkness. Sadly it will probably be one of the last versions but luckily it contains long awaited bug fixes that everyone is glad to see.

Among the new content added is an "Elite" classed item ("Viper599's Shirt of Mastery") dedicated to one of the main testers, Viper599. So congratulations to him for making it into this map via an item.

Download Against the Darkness (latest offical version)
Visit offical Feedback and Support forum

Have a question or want to give feedback regarding the map Against the Darkness? The offical project forum at The Hive Workshop is there just for that!

Last edited:
Level 18
Due to numerous people saying that Spell Immunity was too much for Viper599's Elite item, I have created a quick fix to address the problem. His item will now give 70% spell damage reduction instead, which may sound like a lot but keep in mind Enchanted Armor had 50% non-stackable spell reduction until this fix.

Now Enchanted Armor will have non-stackable 20% spell reduction and instead of spell immunity, Viper599's Shirt of Mastery will give non-stackable 70% spell reduction. I hope people will be pleased with this quick but necessary fix. To anyone who has already downloaded 2.67, simply redownload the map from THW and you will have 2.67b.

Level 3
Hehe darknite btw its me Vesperos or Overmind267 depending w/e acc i met u on >.> i woudl like everyone to know this this map is uber fun.And darknite i never thought u would b a moderator XD.Btw a couple other admins have been N00Bs lately u might wanna talk to em one of em was supposed to b jesus or something?another had a wolf icon or somethin.The third one i dont care about much he was mostly saying confusing stuff and trying to tell me how they get punished or something like that i dunno...but if u can u might wanna talk to em:p

Level 2
Hi ... you did a greath job with the map . I played a bit ... i killed some creeps and lvl up to see some skills and thats all . I'll try later to play online with some of my friends . Maybe i shall have the ocasion to OWN the creator.
HiHiHi :)

Level 12
I played it yesterday and its a great map. In one of the games my friend was the Death Knight. The problem was that he had killed all the hunters when there was like 30 seconds left on the portal. BUT one of the hunters had bought one of those Decievers you can hire which he also had to kill, because of that my friend thought he didnt need to kill the Deciever to win. The Deciever survived the last time and because of that we won.

I think its strange that a unit can change the game. It should only be if 1 hunter survived.

Level 18
That's very weird, did you save the replay? I have never heard of this happening and the game is supposed to end when there are no more Death Hunters left. What may have happened was that he killed you all down until the last 3 seconds, in which case the end of game trigger might have accidentally fired that kills the Death Knight and gives the Hunter's Victory.

Do you by chance remember what the victory message said? Anyways, I'm working in 2.7 on fixing it so where as soon as all the Heroes are killed it will destroy the timer expires trigger (it's an easy fix just something that was overlooked and rarely happens).

I'm glad to know you otherwise enjoy the map!

Status
Not open for further replies.